All Capers Threads merged

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dom Capers??? is that you?? haha. But yea, i watched some film and looked over the roster and there isn't alot to write home about as far as personel on defense. Sam Shields is probably the only other player who would even be considered a pro bowl type player outside of Clay Matthews. So now my question to you since you obviously agree? this is more on TT and the way this roster is put together than capers?

Yes more on tt

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's an interesting debate, because it's almost impossible to know for sure whether it's the players that are bad or the coaching is bad. It sounds like McCarthy has made up his mind, though, with his comments about the defense needing more playmakers.

TT's draft and develop strategy can definitely work, and I'm not one clamoring for FA signings, but relying on the draft exclusively means the drafting has to be exceptional. Bad drafts are not something a guy with TT's strategy can afford.

Dom Capers defenses going back 7 years have record setting poor performances.

This is really the deciding factor for me. There are plenty of bad defenses in the league, but those are generally universally bad against all opponents. The Packers seem to be fine on defense against less accomplished offenses, but top-tier offenses can make them look embarrassingly bad. Roethlisberger's 500-yd game, Kurt Warner in the 2009 wildcard game. Peterson gaining 400+ yards in 2 games last year, Kaepernick in last year's playoffs. Bouldin in the opener.

It's just my instinct, but that just seems like a coaching problem to me. As if there's a major weakness in the defense, but one that can only be exploited by top offenses. There are enough crappy teams to get the Packers a division title, but it's hard to imagine the defense holding it together enough to get through the playoffs.

NC_Cheese_Fan_100

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think a major factor in Caper's keeping his job was the defensive performance against San Francisco. Even with all of the injuries they had, they still managed to keep the 49ers from putting up a lot of points. Additionally, Capers had some good calls in that game, the defense was in position to make turnovers and stop drives, it's just that individual players weren't up to the task. I don't guess you can blame Capers for that.

I really hope the Packers can find a pass rusher (DE) this off season. I think pass rushing is the biggest deficiency on defense. Too often, even when the packers blitz, opposing quarterbacks have all the time in the world to sit back in the pocket and wait for their receivers to get open. You give a good quarterback time and he'll make even a good secondary look bad.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope the Packers can find a pass rusher (DE) this off season. I think pass rushing is the biggest deficiency on defense. Too often, even when the packers blitz, opposing quarterbacks have all the time in the world to sit back in the pocket and wait for their receivers to get open. You give a good quarterback time and he'll make even a good secondary look bad.

Amen. We have not had many really good pass rushers the past 20 years! ...like maybe 3 or 4?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a fan of capers but .... I do not think he was the problem... most was injuries.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This is from a jsonline blog post titled, Belichick gives primer on Capers defense:
"But I’d say the challenge with them is you have a lot of different guys coming. It’s hard to say it’s him or it’s them or it’s them. You’re going to get them all…”Belichick is saying that the defense figures it's going to get a negative play at some point because, as he said, there are going to be plays when it's impossible to know who's rushing and someone might not get blocked.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/284158771.html

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can't slow down Brady just a little bit, I'll lose all faith in this defense. Gotta be able to slow down the top QB's, that's who you'll be facing in the playoffs. Can't have a defensive repeat of what happened in NO.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can't slow down Brady just a little bit, I'll lose all faith in this defense. Gotta be able to slow down the top QB's, that's who you'll be facing in the playoffs. Can't have a defensive repeat of what happened in NO.

Thats a tall task for any defense.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish people would stop talking about the playoffs. Just take it one week at a time because the NFC is stacked there are NO guarantees . I think Capers has to double Gronk the entire game and move peppers and Matthews all over the field and let them attack BrAdy. I think our cbs can match up with them in single coverage

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if u retro fire him 2 years ago, does that mean he has to return his salary?

he probably should.

You can go further back than that, capers has been stealing since 2012. The defense hasn't impressed me enough to say things have turned around and his job should be safe. Eventually Matthews is going to have to go back outside then what? They still havnt found a way to cover tightends, and guess whos on deck ? The leagues best tightend .

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting how this thread comes up during a time the defense is playing well. With Bush and Jones not playing much recently, I guess Capers now has to take it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why does it matter? How about instead of telling people what not to talk about, you just not read it? Seems like a simple solution to me.
Cuz if packers make playoffs Rodell has to leave the forum for good

It's a bet he and I made-

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What?! I NEVER agreed to that bro..show me where I agreed to that? I have more faith in the team than that man seriously.

That is what the bet was...

That is what you agreed to

I sent multiple *** on it, but you never replied..

Attachments

• rodell.JPG
    rodell.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 135

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ok

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You kept avoiding the bet of gone for good..I asked multiple times with ***...No replies..

So I made it easier...playoffs start he is gone even if packers have a bye

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
rodell, just a fyi

When the playoffs start, you will be banned till they are done..This way temptation wont let you post during a game

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodell, just a fyi

When the playoffs start, you will be banned till they are done..This way temptation wont let you post during a game

Ok then I hope you don't hear from me until after the SB ...and secondly I hope you mean until the Packers are done. It would be foolish to ban me until the playoffs are over if my team isn't playing don't cha think? This isn't that big of a deal so I don't know what you're trying to prove sir.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not because I don't want us to make the playoffs but I don't want to jinx it sir...RELAX.
Nothing said on this forum will in any way effect what the Packers do on the field, so likewise... R-E-L-A-X and let people talk about whatever want.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing said on this forum will in any way effect what the Packers do on the field, so likewise... R-E-L-A-X and let people talk about whatever want.

I just said I wish ppl stopped talking about it goodness. It's not that serious bro I promise.

Members online

Latest posts