All Capers Threads merged

12theTruth

F**k Me.... Are you F**ing kidding me. That was an awesome game. Old style smashmouth football. two Goliath's trading blows. Ali and Frazer punching it out. If Ross doesn't make two bad decisions the game could have come out different. We have a rookie left tackle, a second year right tackle, a rookie running back and still we bring the game down to the final minutes ...in their house. Not to mention the missed calls,(facemask, tripping etc..) quit whining and appreciate this game for how good it was. The future is very bright for the Pack.

We just may have seen a preview of the NFC Championship game. We'll see. 15 weeks to go and alot can happen between now and then. I F**kin hate Madden and fantasy football. You young guys do not appreciate great football. I hope this rivalry blossoms into a Holy wars type of rivalry like the Steelers and Raiders of the 70's. 7 touchdowns passing is boring. This was great football.

Disclaimer:
This post was made under the influence of copious amount of good beer. (not that watered down S**t that is promoting watered down Football.)

The Packers got dominated in time of possession. Couldn't sustain drives on offense. I think there were 6 3 and outs. Secondary down players a few but so were the 49ers WR's. Pretty optimistic take on the Packers future gauging by the ineffectiveness overall of the running game and giving up another 400 yard passer and 200 yard receiver.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers got dominated in time of possession. Couldn't sustain drives on offense. I think there were 6 3 and outs. Secondary down players a few but so were the 49ers WR's. Pretty optimistic take on the Packers future gauging by the ineffectiveness overall of the running game and giving up another 400 yard passer and 200 yard receiver.

They had 2 turnovers..Skewed the t-o-p some..

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

So what... You want perfection in the first game on the road???? We have a lot of young new guys on this team that have played...What a max of a half of a game in the preseason? Enjoy this game for what it was. Great Football. Be glad you not a Steelers fan.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F**k Me.... Are you F**ing kidding me. That was an awesome game. Old style smashmouth football. two Goliath's trading blows. Ali and Frazer punching it out. If Ross doesn't make two bad decisions the game could have come out different. We have a rookie left tackle, a second year right tackle, a rookie running back and still we bring the game down to the final minutes ...in their house. Not to mention the missed calls,(facemask, tripping etc..) quit whining and appreciate this game for how good it was. The future is very bright for the Pack.

We just may have seen a preview of the NFC Championship game. We'll see. 15 weeks to go and alot can happen between now and then. I F**kin hate Madden and fantasy football. You young guys do not appreciate great football. I hope this rivalry blossoms into a Holy wars type of rivalry like the Steelers and Raiders of the 70's. 7 touchdowns passing is boring. This was great football.

Disclaimer:
This post was made under the influence of copious amount of good beer. (not that watered down S**t that is promoting watered down Football.)

Amen! Did you make the journey up state today?

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I need a Knee replacement and it wasn't going to make it. How was it? Lets go to Lambeau next year and show them how we roll out here.
Ouch, sounds like you are headed to the DL :( We didn't head up either! Candlestick is a horrible stadium, so you I saw enough of it in January. Get that knee fixed and rehabbed and we come back strong next year!!

12theTruth

So what... You want perfection in the first game on the road???? We have a lot of young new guys on this team that have played...What a max of a half of a game in the preseason? Enjoy this game for what it was. Great Football. Be glad you not a Steelers fan.

So what? it basically is a continuation of Capers poor coaching especially in regards to a lack of in game adjustments. The game was there to be had despite a shaky offensive line and poor special teams play except for Masthay. A loss like this could very well decide home field advantage later on in the season. Some good things but some all too familiar things which just may be an outlier as the season goes along.

Let's not pretend that just by getting Burnett and Hayward back that all is well. Burnett started against the 49ers in the playoff devastation last January. I still don't consider giving up 400 yards to Kaepernick 'good football'.

Last edited by a moderator:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
So what? it basically is a continuation of Capers poor coaching especially in regards to a lack of in game adjustments. The game was there to be had despite a shaky offensive line and poor special teams play except for Masthay. A loss like this could very well decide home field advantage later on in the season. Some good things but some all too familiar things which just may be an outlier as the season goes along.

Let's not pretend that just by getting Burnett and Hayward back that all is well. Burnett started against the 49ers in the playoff devastation last January. I still don't consider giving up 400 yards to Kaepernick 'good football'.

Your right. I'm sorry, were F***ed

D

Dan115

while were are firing Capers don't forget Campen and Mason. Good time to get rid of them all.

randp1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter who the coach is, you still need the player's to execute the game plan. In my opinion the Pack has some serious issues going on in the secondary and hopefully they will work to correct them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think capers fell asleep in the booth up high......that non-adjustment, stick with the soft zone crap IS NOT WORKING. Nor is that weak *** 3 man rush on defense.....how often does that work for US? It worked one good time at the end of the game for the 49ers........

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think capers fell asleep in the booth up high......that non-adjustment, stick with the soft zone crap IS NOT WORKING. Nor is that weak *** 3 man rush on defense.....how often does that work for US? It worked one good time at the end of the game for the 49ers........
Capers brought the house on that final third down play and they didn't get there in time. He was ridiculed for bringing the rush in the shoutbox.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminder: the only team that could stop Kaepernick down the stretch last year was the Baltimore Ravens defense. And if that game goes 5 more minutes, I doubt they even do that.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Capers brought the house on that final third down play and they didn't get there in time. He was ridiculed for bringing the rush in the shoutbox.

No, I am speaking of his D plan for most 3 and long situations, he always rushes 3 and we always get burned.......that gamble never seems to work.....the prevent D that is.

12theTruth

That is one play out of a whole game. How about the 392 yards of pass completions before that?

12theTruth

No matter who the coach is, you still need the player's to execute the game plan. In my opinion the Pack has some serious issues going on in the secondary and hopefully they will work to correct them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Hopefully one of the corrections will be to switch Hayward over to safety and team him up with Burnett. Talk about shoring up a weakness.

Fan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers has to go or we're screwed for another year. I think the problem is that he is too good a friend of McCarthy. Capers lost the Giants game and several others before when he can't push pressure on the QB. The 49ers have a very good QB but we make him and others look great when he has all the time in the world to pass the ball. We play that zone defense and the receivers circle into those open slots to get open. Somehow the Pack must do an occasional blitz and put some pressure on the QB. If you get a chance look up and see how many previous teams Capers has coached for. I'm not going to waste my time and do it again but it's something like 6. I've said it before and I'll say it again that most of the NFL and college coaches are "recycled!" One team gets rid of them and another team picks them up and all too frequently gives them a raise in pay. In stead of getting a seventh-hand coach, cheap, spend some dam money and get someone that knows something. Capers has to go and go now. My second concern is the blown call by the referees. Why didn't one of the Packer coaches pick up on that? My god, they are paid huge salaries for not knowing the rules or how to put pressure on the QB!! It's sad.

12theTruth

Capers has to go or we're screwed for another year. I think the problem is that he is too good a friend of McCarthy. Capers lost the Giants game and several others before when he can't push pressure on the QB. The 49ers have a very good QB but we make him and others look great when he has all the time in the world to pass the ball. We play that zone defense and the receivers circle into those open slots to get open. Somehow the Pack must do an occasional blitz and put some pressure on the QB. If you get a chance look up and see how many previous teams Capers has coached for. I'm not going to waste my time and do it again but it's something like 6. I've said it before and I'll say it again that most of the NFL and college coaches are "recycled!" One team gets rid of them and another team picks them up and all too frequently gives them a raise in pay. In stead of getting a seventh-hand coach, cheap, spend some dam money and get someone that knows something. Capers has to go and go now. My second concern is the blown call by the referees. Why didn't one of the Packer coaches pick up on that? My god, they are paid huge salaries for not knowing the rules or how to put pressure on the QB!! It's sad.

To the 49ers we are and will be what the Packers were to the Cowboys in the 90's. Until we get rid of Capers!!!

Members online

Latest posts