1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ALEXANDER DONE FOR THE DAY (Packer?)

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Article from PFT.com

FOX reports that Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander will not return to action on Saturday after suffering a concussion in the first half of the team's playoff game against the Redskins.

It's possible that Alexander's career in Seattle is over. If the Redskins win the game and knock the No. 1 seed in the NFC out of the postseason tournament, Alexander will be six weeks or so away from unrestricted free agency.

Alexander, the NFL's MVP, signed a one-year deal with the Seahawks prior to the 2005 season. As part of the package, the team agreed not to use the franchise or transition tag to restrict his movement in 2006.

We've previously reported that the Seahawks were reluctant to sign Alexander to a long-term deal during the 2005 season, because the team feared that he would lose the edge that was propelling him to one of the best seasons for a running back in the history of the league.

Now that he's poised to hit the market, Alexander might decide to go to the highest bidder, whoever it might be.

Teams who might make a play for Alexander include the Jets, Ravens, Colts (if Edgerrin James leaves), Titans, Packers, Cardinals, and 49ers.

That last part is what got my attention. I never considered Alexander could be in a Packer uniform.

Full Name: Shaun Alexander
    Born: August 30, 1977
    Florence, KY
    Height: 5-11
    Weight: 225 lbs.

Full Name: Ahman Rashad Green
    Born: February 16, 1977
    Omaha, NE
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 218 lbs.

I think the Packers would be better to keep Ahman Green with Gado #2. Reason being. Green could be got for cheap with the right incentive contract and he likes GB a lot. He's only a half year older than Alexander BUT has one LESS season of pounding on his frame which could be GOOD but also BAD if he can't recover from major surgery.
  2. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I seriously doubt that we will ever see Shaun Alexander in a Packer uniform. He would demand waaaay to much money and TT doesn't want to shell out tons of cash to big name free agents. It would be cool if it happened though.
  3. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He is too old and expensive for TED. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus.
    There is very little chance he would want to leave a winning program for the uncertainty of the Packers.
  4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Seriously? Drew is his agent? hahah I didn't know that.

I doubt he will too.
  5. The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga

The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd much ratherspend some $ on D at this current time.
  6. Rob Reimer

Rob Reimer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would rather draft Lendale White from USC, and dump Green..
  7. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hope that they give Green a shot again,if the price is right. Save the money and picks for the D and theo-line.
  8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    alexander in the green & gold?? a dream come true!! but i don't see it happening either.