Alex Green aka tiptoe burglar

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont ever wanna see him on the field on third and short again. Ive never seen this guy run anybody over, please just give it to Cobb. How is. A wr better at rb than an actual rb? Smh. Offense stinks right now.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only problem is that Green is all you have right now. Once Kuhn is back, he'll get all the short yardage carries.

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what you mean is slightly different than what you said. I think you were referring specifically to him running on 3rd and short, and if that's the case then I agree. I have for the most part been furious when Green gets it rather than Starks. However, I don't mind Green being out there for pass protection or for a short pass/screen. Despite this, I did feel like Green ran notably harder through contact today, only occasionally going down with little fight.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On short yardage situations, good teams have offensive lines that push the line of scrimmage past the needed yardage. We don't do that.

Creepy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green is too fast into the hole. Toomany time you see the play develop to the side but he is already at the line. he needs to slow down and look for the crease. Cobb, as a punt returner knows about holes and creases and seems to make a better decision when handed the ball. Straks also waits for the hole to develop. Kuhn is not the answer at short yardag as GB has only 1 stupid short yardage play andthat is to look like they are going to the HB and have him lead intothe pile. If they use Kuhn, then just staright ahead hit the hole and stop trying to be fancy.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with Creepy about Green - that's what I've seen, read and heard too - he's too anxious on most plays and doesn't allow his blocking (to the extent it occurs) to develop. With the scheme the Packers use, the RB has to be patient and once he sees a seam/crease he has to plant a foot and go. Starks is pretty good at that and so was Grant IMO. Benson was getting better at it before he got injured. IMO that doesn't apply to short yardage plays though so I disagree that Kuhn isn't the answer. IMO he is and the evidence I offer is the 2010 season when he was used in that role: He was successful on 10 of 12 attempts on third and fourth and short.

Creepy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have nothing against Kuhn, but you had to go back to 2010 to get the data. That was a great year, however teams caught on to the quick give to Kuhn up the middle and they pretty much stuffed it in 2011. I don't mind him getting the ball on short yardage, just straight up blocking and let him go into it, not be fancy and try to trick teams into think your passing/giving the ball to the second back. Also look at 2010 again and you will see Kuhn, Hall and Johnson backfield on some of those runs, GB doesn't have that big aback field anymore. Again, I don't mind Kuhn staright ahead into the line short yardage, he'll get you a yard with blocking and steam.

Members online

Latest posts