Al Michaels' Call Of Cobb's Return Td

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Am I the only one who was annoyed by Al Michaels' commentary during that return? That was one of the most exciting plays of the game and Michaels sounded unbelievably bored. I think maybe Joe Buck might have shown more emotion...although maybe not.

Meh. The game was overflowing with excitement and big plays I could imagine for some people they could get desensitized to a point. I look back at the Packers playoff game vs. the Cards there was just big play after big play.

Maybe Michaels hates the Packers. I'm not sure though I try not to pay a whole lot of attention to the commentary during games.

But it was definitely a play the deserved more emotion.

DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al's gettin awful long in the tooth. I noticed his announcing was a little off...may be time for him to hang it up.

OP
OP
PackersFanfromCali80
Reaction score
Had Michaels' showed Kevin Harlan or Gus Johnson type of emotion, I totally would not have noticed his rather bleh interpretation of the play. I try to block out the commentators because they don't know what they are talking about half the time but Michaels was just so bland during a very exciting play.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NBC could've at least mentioned the last time a Packer returned a kickoff return for a touchdown. We've had a pretty long drought (11 years) and it was an interesting fact to point out.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1- I thought the same thing! That was a horrible call. Michaels is overrated. He's not bad, but there are many better who don't have his gig.

#2- Who says "Meh"? What the hell is "Meh"? That's not a word. It's not an abbreviation like OMG or IIRC, etc.
What is "Meh"? It's nothing. I've never heard anyone say it out loud in my life.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michaels had no clue until Cobb got past the 50-yard line.
Also, it's funny to see McCarthy's reaction/expression!
You can tell he knew Cobb broke the 5-yard rule, and he said something to that effect to someone..... cute.

I don't like seeing Jarrett Bush taking him down in the end zone.
I've seen guys get hurt that way (Ted Ginn, Ohio State vs Florida).

OP
OP
PackersFanfromCali80
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed during the return is that Pat Lee and Jordy Nelson are extremely fast. I always knew Jordy was a speedster but Pat Lee was ahead of Randall Cobb during that play. Impressive.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NO You are not the only one. It's funny, because I almost made a thread on this same thing, but I was already making too many threads as it was. He needs to go, that was ridiculous. It was like he was looking down at his stats sheet at the same time he was watching the field. Head up, head down, head up, head down. Oh look, he scored. Seriously go watch it, and picture him looking at a piece of paper while calling the game. You'll laugh.

And they didn't even mention DD tied GBs all time receiving yards record.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Network TV announcers are supposed to be unbiased. Showing excitement for both teams when they do well.
And each one shows it at different decibel levels.
Anyway I don't blame Al for calling it like that.
I think he had no idea what was going to happen and was being in the moment and holds onto his excitement until he's sure that Cobb is in the end-zone.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Network TV announcers are supposed to be unbiased. Showing excitement for both teams when they do well.
And each one shows it at different decibel levels.
Anyway I don't blame Al for calling it like that.
I think he had no idea what was going to happen and was being in the moment and holds onto his excitement until he's sure that Cobb is in the end-zone.

Change Cobb to Freeman, and this is what you get...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK I'll try one more excuse for the guy.

Chris Collinsworthless.
If I had to sit next to him and listen to him go on and on, I'd probably be humbled too.

Members online

Latest posts