Al Harris

Reaction score
My observation...Harris is great when he's up against someone that he can physically dominate/intimidate. But when he goes up against big, strong WRs like TO or Plaxico, well, you saw what happened there. Oh well.

Throw in Vincent Jackson, he had Harris' number in week 3 too.

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Next Year

all about da packers said:
i've always thought that woodson is a much better player than harris. is this not true? why wasn't woodson covering burriss tonight? i think that harris is a good #2 cb and probably has 1 or 2 more years left in him.

I remember Woodson on Burress a few times tonight, and well let's just say Woodson didn't much better than Harris.

ok. i didn't really notice woodson covering burress. i taped the game and will re-watch it (in a few days after the depression subsides).

ajschwab2004

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next Year

I'm a Packers fan from Canada and I watched the game on TV up here and when I wasn't watching I was follwing the game. Anyway, penalties and Favre cost us the game. If you guys think about it; the score was 20-20 for both teams a tie and Green Bay won the coin toss. Green Bay had a really good chance there to either get TD or a field goal, but then there goes Favre throws a dam pick. And before you know it gameover Giants win. I'm not saying Favre sucks or anything and I do hope he stays cause without him than I don't think Green Bay has a really good QB. Rodgers is ok but still needs training. Anyway, my point is what the hell was Favre thinking?!?!?!?!?

Reaction score

Anyway, penalties and Favre cost us the game.

That's being too simplistic. Let me illustrate my point using the Denver game:

Who won us the Denver game? Jennings and Favre, right?

But wait, did you know that the over time TD to Jennings came of a play action where the Denver Safeties bit? So that means Ryan Grant also deserves credit for giving us a running game, allowing the Safties to bite on play action.

Oh yeah, Grant can't run without the O-line opening (at least) some holes for him. Guess the O-line deserves credit too for allowing that play action to work.

But wait, our TEs and FBs deserve credit for blocking too. Guess you have to give them credit for making the play action work.

See the point I'm making? You win AS A TEAM, you lose AS A TEAM.

Giants D-Line got the better of O-Line, Giants CBs got the better of our WRs (Driver not included), Giants LB got the better of our O-linemen, Giants WRs got the better of our CBs.

If the Packers executed the way they were supposed to, there would not have been a need to have an OT to decide the game. Favre made mistakes, but he isn't half the reason we lost.

The team AS A WHOLE played like an 8-8 team instead of a 14-3 team. THAT'S WHY WE LOST.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris just wasn't good enough tonight to win the battle with Burress. Burress is a nice reciever, he's not a great receiver, but Al got into those damn mind games he likes to play and he forget there was a football game to be played. But what do you do when you're just not good enough? Your defensive coordinator has to make some changes. He didn't make any all night did he?

And other than an occasional Popinga hit and one play by Hawk, did anyone hear our linebackers mentioned at all last night?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was like watching the movie Deliverance. Where Al Harris was Ned Beaty, bent over that log with his pants down, and Plexico was that Country hick giving him the business.

Editors Note: Changed Warren to Ned...as pointed out below.
I'm guessing that was a Freudian slip, as Warren is much more attractive than Ned.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed aadp, outplayed all the way around. The Giants defensive game plan was pretty good, and they had a little more fire than the Packers.

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the post-game interviews (JS Online), Harris found no fault with his play in the NFC championship game. Instead, he lavished praise on Burress. Apparently according to Al Harris, no one could have stopped the Manning-Burress combination. Denial, anyone?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After halftime the announcer said that MM was going to maybe double team Burress, but this never happened and I dont know why. Burress was making to many plays we should have double teamed him right after halftime.

To put the lose of this game on Favre you guys are nuts/idiots IMO. He had one interception and yes it was at a critical time in the game, but if we would have played better up to this point it wouldnt have mattered. It takes the whole team to win a game again NOT just one person, I have said this in the past and will continue to say it here. Favre won us so many games this year and for some of you on here to condem him for this loss is crazy.

I think it was our D that couldnt get it done, we also didnt have an effective running game there were many factors as to why we didnt win.

So stop the Favre bashing now.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burress had Al's number last night. That's the risk you run when you leave a guy on an island. It doesn't happen to Harris very often. I wish they'd gotten him some help out there, but the safeties were needed in run support because the Giants' running game was so effective.

The moral of the story is that the defensive unit did not get the job done. There's plenty of blame to go around. And I have to say that Burress was fantastic, and most of Manning's throws were right on the money. A lot of those plays were almost impossible to defend one-on-one. I wasn't expecting Burress to play so well because he's been dinged up lately--and neither were the Packers, apparently.

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Al Harris didn't look good - but I'm not sure any CB in the league could have stopped that connection Manning and Burress had with the lack of pass rush. The reason we go man to man like that is to get a pass rush - if there is no pass rush - it doesn't work - I don't care who the CB is.

Sadie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burress just had a great game and really just made Al Harris look silly. Everyone has bad games and there's no denying that last night wasn't consistent with how he has played all year.

Why didn't they help him out during the game? Drop into the zone, anything.

Droptine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not an Al Harris fan. He really does not like to hit or tackle. I have seen him on occasion pop somebody, not not too often. Pro Bowl caliber?
I don't think so. :oops:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Al Harris didn't look good - but I'm not sure any CB in the league could have stopped that connection Manning and Burress had with the lack of pass rush. The reason we go man to man like that is to get a pass rush - if there is no pass rush - it doesn't work - I don't care who the CB is.

Well said.

The other thing, how come people aren't willing to give any credit to the Giants? Manning looked good. He made passes in tight spots, and the chemistry between Manning and his WRs was really good.

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score

correct. we had NO pass rush at all and i think harris knew he was outmatched from the get go and thought he could get under burress' skin. i believe we blitzed 3 times yesterday. pathetic game plan and a less than mediocre showing from the ENTIRE packer team (although driver, lee, tauscher, and poppinga did very well).

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the postgame press conference Favre was talking about how he played in OT and how he didn't perform when he needed to, and how he thought that his team would've put the game away much earlier. I wonder if the mentality of the Packers going in was such that they didn't show up to play because they didn't need to. Now, I'm overstating the point, but you get what I'm saying.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I love 3irty-one, but he played bad today.

So did Woodson.

Actually except for Pickett, Hawk, and Bigby, you could argue the D didn't show up today.

This is spot on. I was at the game and am a DirtyOne fan. I watched him a lot and his coverage was uninspiring.

The loss is due to the whole team playing flat.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris played bad but anyone else feel that our coaches are a bunch of stubborn old guys with a little to much pride. You need to adjust if someone is playing like that. They didn't adjust in time for TO and they really didn't do it all for Burress. Credit Burress for playing his *** off but GB coaching staff should have had him doubled constantly in the 2nd half.

Burress17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, good game guys.

I bet ole Plaxico couldn't feel his ankle because he was playing like he did pre-injury. Like him or not, this is not the same guy who played for the Steelers a few years back.

I'm sorry if this comes across as trash talk to some, so here it goes:

I was never overly impressed with Al Harris when he played for the Eagles. For a #3 guy, he seemed ok, but as a starter? Yea. But at the same time, playing against the QB merry-go-round in Chicago, Jon Kitna and Tavarious Jackson, the NFC North does not boast a 'great' passing attack, which might cover some of Al Harris' faults.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i've always thought that woodson is a much better player than harris. is this not true? why wasn't woodson covering burriss tonight? i think that harris is a good #2 cb and probably has 1 or 2 more years left in him.

This is something that I can't understand either. Woodson IS our BEST corner. But Al makes the pro-bowl, gets all the press, and it seems, gets all the #1 receiver assignments. BTW Woodson didn't play all that great last night either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts