Al Harris says once again, he will be in training camp...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so whats the count at now, 4?

4 times rumors came up of him holding out.
4 times himself or his agent said NO, its not true.

It helps you understand why pro athletes despise the media.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know...I just had to post that so people could see it in black and white that Harris himself has said he will be there. I know I for one am relieved to read it even though I trusted he would be there all along.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had faith in the comments from his manager who in a nutshell said he realized they would not get much support or sympathy from anybody out there with any hard line approach.

He basically stated this whole issue was a reach.

Harris took a little hit there acting like a little kid with his hand out for some candy asking "what about me"?

I personally thought he was above all that.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
so whats the count at now, 4?

4 times rumors came up of him holding out.
4 times himself or his agent said NO, its not true.

It helps you understand why pro athletes despise the media.

Harris didn't help it with his whining out in public. I think he thought everyone would go "Awww.......poor AL! Someone's has the AUDACITY to be paid MORE then HE does! How DARE THEM!!!"
Poor poor multi-millionaire. My heart bleeds for him. :roll: (And all that do that crap)

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Al Harris says once again, he will be in training camp..

So, I take it Al Harris' agent isn't Drew Rosenhaus?

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I knew he would be back. He loves football way too much. I understand his disapproval with his contract, however this isn't the way to go about it. Walker did it, and got sent to Denver, however his contract isn't anything special. If he bottoms out this season, he will not make any money. Harris needs to come to camp, have a great year, esp. since Woodson will be here, he'll get more passes thrown his way which means more chances for interceptions. And then after the seaosn, hopefully, TT will sit him down and tell him that he'll get a new contract extension.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if half way thru the season he is doing above average job or better than Woodson, the Packers will start some serious talks with him..

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't blame the media when an athlete is whining about his salary. Al said he was thinking of holding out, and the media printed the story. Then, his agent said Al was holding out. Now, Al said he isn't holding out. The media is just printing what these guys are saying.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv,

That's only partly true about the media. Harris also said that he would be reporting and the media continued to speculate on whether or not he would be in camp. I agree that Al didn't help the situation by wavering but the media didn't do any favors in that regard either.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I liked the other thread better. Too bad it had to be locked without having the decency to transfer the article over here. Now some will miss a decent article.

What a shame.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whens the last time i said anything about mod.

ur the third fool in as many days to say i said something i didnt. depack and philtration...good company for you, zero.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

tromadz said:
whens the last time i said anything about mod.

ur the third fool in as many days to say i said something i didnt. depack and philtration...good company for you, zero.

Yep. Must be the three of us wrong, not you. That makes logical sense.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you SURE you two guys arn't married to each other???? :wink: :lol:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He sounds like he intends to go out and prove himself this year.
If he does then pay the man.
If he doesn't, then cut him loose.
Seems pretty simple to me.

I know he is an aging vet that you wouldn't want to throw alot of money at, but these contracts can be made to look better than they are.

As long as it looks good at face value he would probably be happy.

It's all in the image to alot of these guys.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yooperfan said:
He sounds like he intends to go out and prove himself this year.
If he does then pay the man.
If he doesn't, then cut him loose.
Seems pretty simple to me.

I know he is an aging vet that you wouldn't want to throw alot of money at, but these contracts can be made to look better than they are.

As long as it looks good at face value he would probably be happy.

It's all in the image to alot of these guys.

Your right Yooper. Isn't that crazy though? They make it LOOK better, so the guy doesn't feel "dissed". Then cut him before the big payoff. The guys actually cause their own demise because of these contracts. They FORCE a team to cut them, instead of paying off the huge amount of money at the end. Maybe these guys would last longer, if they would willingly sign and HONOR reasonable contracts.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was holding out. He didn't show up OTA's and he missed a camp. That's a hold out. Hopefully he got the message that no one is goingto pay him more money if he doesn't come to camp and play. Look, I like Al. I think he's a really fine player but he signed a contract and he has to live to that contract. He sure as hell wasn't *****ing when the Packers came to him the last time and gave him a raise. If he is a man of good character he'll be in camp.

Latest posts