Al Harris holding out?!?! Skipping camp?!!?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
these re-nogotiations are kind of ridiculous. i mean, the guy did get a raise after mckenzie left. we certainly had some money to play with this year, so some guys got good new contracts and some got upgraded contracts. does harris deserve to make lots of money? yes. but play out the contract you have and then deal with it. it just goes back to all those old gripes we all have with players demanding a raise while they still have several years left to play on their existing contract. Driver's deal was an anomoly for the Packers organization, and i really don't expect Harris to get a raise (assuming this report is even true)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I highly doubt this holds water. Not sure what this means but Harris has been quoted as saying if he was the opposing team he'd throw to him instead of Woodson.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I highly doubt this holds water. Not sure what this means but Harris has been quoted as saying if he was the opposing team he'd throw to him instead of Woodson.

I'm 100% sure it's not true. I live in Green Bay and nothing on the news about in sports and believe me if this was true then it'd be on the news. Also he just got a contract a couple years ago.

And we're are all these BS rumors coming from.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:

I'm 100% sure it's not true. I live in Green Bay and nothing on the news about in sports and believe me if this was true then it'd be on the news. Also he just got a contract a couple years ago.

And we're are all these BS rumors coming from.

You got one up on me. I'm in De Pere, also, have heard nothing. Then again I worked ten hours and studied up til now.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | A. Harris not holding out
Sat, 20 May 2006 20:45:09 -0700

Rob Reischel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers CB Al Harris is not at the team's minicamp this weekend because of his contract. His agent, Jack Bchta, claims Harris is missing minicamp because of his parents. Bechta said that Harris would never consider holding out and added, "If we went to the Packers less than two years into a deal, you know what would happen. They wouldn't even listen to us. Maybe at the end of the year it would be something to explore." Bechta might try to rework Harris' deal near the end of the 2006 season.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think it is true I saw on the news McCarthy saying it was for family or personal reasons, why he wasnt there.

Members online

Latest posts