Al Harris' elbow injury

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all saw him leave early, and probably all cried like I did.

When he came back, he was obviosly still hurting, but gutted out the rest of the game.

Just wondering if anyone had any word on or heard any news on his status for next week, or even what exactly the injury was.

Reaction score
I believe in McCarthy's post game conference, he referred to the injury as a bruised elbow.

It's obviously more serious, because right before Harris went back in the game, he was squirming while one of the asst. coaches was putting a playing glove on Al's right hand.

Harris, in his post-game interview, said he had x-rays taken but hadn't checked back to find out anything more about his injury.

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully it was just a hit to the ulnar nerve (funnybone). cause those things can make your arm hurt all the way down to the fingertips for like two days.

That would be a perfect scenario, given the amount of pain he looked like he was in.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Greg Bedard of JSOnline reports that he spoke with Harris after the game, and Al told him he'd play next week.

Did you see his face as we was putting on that glove before he went back in.. Harris's arm would have the be severed to the point of falling off for him not to play.. then maybe he might try..

Wonder if one of our wideouts has that type of moxy... Driver does..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw how he needed help putting on his helemt to go back in..

Didnt Brett have that ulnar issue last year?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of not playing on special teams, he shouldn't have to and neither should Woodson. WHY is Woodson still returning punts?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Speaking of not playing on special teams, he shouldn't have to and neither should Woodson. WHY is Woodson still returning punts?

Harris wanted to help out his team and his counter part, Woodson.

Woodson is returning punts because even though Blackmon played in the game, coach felt he was a liability with ball security, thus, Woodson was inserted and returned punts.

Some might say why not put Tramon Williams back there? Because he is a liability with ball security as well. Remember he fumbled a punt in pre season. I'm surprised he was allowed to return kick offs.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree completely. That is soo stupid even beyond words to me. He is injury prone enough, you dont have to send him out there to return kicks. The Eagle returner experienced what kind of hits can be taken while catching a punt ;) 1st Quarter!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Yeah, but we also experienced what a HUGE impact ball security can make on returns and not having just any 'ole Joe back there.

I don't think Woodson should be returning punts either, but most of the time he called a fair catch or let it go anyway. A heck of a lot better then what the Eagles did, heh.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts