AJ Hawk, would he work better in a 4-3?

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether he might perform better in a different system. If so, maybe we could work out a trade and just inform our respective GM's after the fact.:drinks:

OP
OP
morningwood

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotcha, he certainly looks the part. I admit I was taken in by him going into the draft.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ will certainly not be a packer in 2011, I think it is a mistake keeping him this year, an expensive price to pay for depth. I would trade him and try to get a 4th round pick, something in return. Just watch the playoff game against the Cardinals, Hawk does not have the speed to play against an elite team that runs/pass right at him.

He is better suited for a 4-3, but it is really not the system, but the players around him and how they compliment each other.

If Hawk was not a popular player from Ohio, much like Tebow is in the south, he would have been traded when the decision to go to 3-4 defense was reached.

He is lucky the Packers are not in a position to address his position, because they would release him and Hawk on the open market would be lucky to get half of what he is making now.

y5nthon5a1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't he in a 4-3 before the 09 season?... And didn't he suck just as badly?... I think so.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk didn't "suck" as much as people would like to believe. He did fine for the last couple of years managing to rack up over 100 tackles every season. Remember in '08 when Barnett went down the coaches moved him to MLB and his production didn't falter one bit. In summary, Hawk is certainly better suited for a 4-3.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
i think a lot of us bought in to all the hype when he was drafted. hes not a bad player but we could do better. time to be looking for some kinda trade.maybe draft picks:icon_idea:

No, he's not bad.....he's just not performing as well as a 5th overall pick should. He's not playing up to his paygrade.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk "IF" drafted in the 3rd would be performing well, going into his 5th year starting to make 2 or 3 million a year. Not a 5th over all pick making 5 million this year and going through the roof at 10 million next year.

I know Hawk is a good character guy and has played through the pain and has done everything a good team mate should be. BUT, I don't understand why he will not renegotiate another contract with the Pack, 3 or 4 year deal worth 3 million base with escalators bringing it up to 5 million if he performs to that level.

I mean Hawk is telling the Packers he is worth 15 million the next 2 years, its not like the Packers haven't already paid him handsomely his first 4 years in the league. Hawk is robbing the Packers this year, he will make his 5 million and then get cut next year because the Pack can't trade him because of the contract, losing a 5th overall pick in 5 years and getting nothing in return.

Members online

Latest posts