AJ cut his hair

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hopefully this is a reverse samson effect and end up making a bad player play better.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I wish he'd have sent it to me. I wear a hat to cover my baldness. Heck, I could super glue those goldy locks on and pass myself off as Fabio....

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hopefully this is a reverse samson effect and end up making a bad player play better.

I really wish people would give AJ some more credit. He isn't the fabulous prospect out of Ohio that he was chocked up to be, but he is extremely consistent and has been consistent since we signed him. He's always good for 100 tackles, a couple of picks and a few sacks. Again, not sensational numbers but he gets the job done and that's sometimes all you can ask for.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really wish people would give AJ some more credit. He isn't the fabulous prospect out of Ohio that he was chocked up to be, but he is extremely consistent and has been consistent since we signed him. He's always good for 100 tackles, a couple of picks and a few sacks. Again, not sensational numbers but he gets the job done and that's sometimes all you can ask for.
I know, right?

I don't get all the AJ hate.
The Packers staff must see something in him to keep him on the team and as a starter.
CM3 hasn't gotten the DPOY and he didn't put up the numbers he did this year like he did last time.
So by that standard, we should get rid of him too.
Right?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost cut my hair
It happened just the other day, it's gettin' kinda long
I could-a said, "It wasn't in my way"
But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
Yes I feel like, I owe it to someone
Reading that reminds me of the time when I saw David Crosby as a solo act open up for the Grateful Dead for their annual New Year's show.
Ahhhh.....
Good times, good times.
I can just smell the weed and taste the acid again.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you didn't quote my post but you "quoted" my post, not sure why, but it was more a joke. I don't think Hawk is bad but he is overpaid for what he brings to the table.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Reading that reminds me of the time when I saw David Crosby as a solo act open up for the Grateful Dead for their annual New Year's show.
Ahhhh.....
Good times, good times.
I can just smell the weed and taste the acid again.
Lol. Those were the good old days. It was a different world and it was great to be part of it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bite, I think the team would be better off without him on the team. And I have supported jarrett bush at his worst.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Maybe with a little help he will do better. I like his haircut. He looks a little less like a cave man.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Certainly Hawk receives a lot of attention and criticism because he has disappointed based upon expectations of being selected at the 5th spot in the draft. He's "not that bad" but that's a great example of damning with faint praise IMO. That pick turned out to be a mistake. Not a Tony Mandarich, Jamal Reynolds or Justin Harrell mistake because Hawk has contributed, but a mistake all the same. (If you don't think so, if we could "do over" that draft, where should Hawk have been taken?) That goes on the negative side of Thompson's ledger IMO but at the time I think it was more than a reasonable pick so I don't hold it against him - the draft is after all a crap shoot. Even in the first half of the first round.

However, extending Hawk to a deal averaging $6.75M/year is a mistake Thompson is more responsible for IMO. If Hawk had emulated his college play he would have been worth the 5th pick in the draft. No one could know for sure whether or not he would, but we all watched him play in the NFL from 2006 on. On the open market does anyone think Hawk would have attracted that kind of offer? And while a lot of the money on his new deal is probably back loaded, according to one source, he counts $6.531M against the cap this season. That's number five on the roster going into the 2012 season. Even his staunchest fans have to admit Hawk is nowhere near the fifth most valuable player on the roster, don't they?

This is what McGinn had to say about Hawk in his season-end grades column:
The first of the opponents' 73 passes for 20 yards or more was given up by Hawk on an option route against the Saints' Darren Sproles for 36 yards. Months later, Dom Capers referred to that awful play trying to explain how difficult it was trying to find adequate matchups against some teams. Capers did what he could to hide Hawk in coverage. Still, he gave up five 20-plus passes. Against the run, Hawk was a late reactor who never delivered a smashing hit and often took bad angles or was a step slow in pursuit. He missed 15 tackles, six more than in any of his five previous seasons, and had just 1½ for loss. Thirteen players had at least one turnover play but Hawk didn't have any. He did improve in one area, ranking fourth among the blitzers with one pressure every 9.23 snaps.
McGinn gave him a D and IMO he earned that grade: He didn't participate in one turnover play. Not one.

I hope but don't expect Thompson to either waive him (which would save a small amount on the cap and about $4.4M in cash) or gets him to agree to receive less in salary. He's "not that bad" but he certainly isn't a three-down LB - he needs to come off the field on passing downs. And frankly, he's not even a good two-down LB vs. the run. IMO he's not even as good as Bishop and he's taking up way too much in resources in cap space and money. But I like his haircut. Let's hope it comes with a new kick **** attitude.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think his stremilined coifure will make him any faster or anymore athletic. He wasn't Samson before and he won't be him afterwards. He will remain a liability!

Members online

Latest posts