Aints Overconfidence and Lack of Defensive Intensity Did Them In -- Good Riddance

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Either that or they simply were not as good as everybody thought.
But I thought the Saints were destined to go to the Super Bowl since they were the greatest offense in the NFL? They had all those numbers the last couple games too!

Man am I glad they lost tonight!

GO PACK!

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I thought the Saints were destined to go to the Super Bowl since they were the greatest offense in the NFL? They had all those numbers the last couple games too!

Man am I glad they lost tonight!

GO PACK!

You bet

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Honestly in some ways I feel for Brees at times. Sounds silly since he beat my Colts in the big one but he and the Saints are like our brothers of the NFC. They are much like the Colts in the Manning prime years. We always ran into a buzz saw of some sort on the road in those times. It was usually NE.

Brees and Peyton are buddies. Peyton even called up Brees after he was hurt in SD and encouraged him.

Saints like those old Colts though need a better D that travels on the road. You can't just ask your stud QB to be super human all the time against the top teams.

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NYG, you are so arrogant it isn't funny. You think because your D-line is healthy that your defense just became the best in the league. Yeah, the Packers have the 32nd ranked D against the pass, but look at the Giants pass defense. Oh, that's right, they aren't far behind at 29th. I am not much of a believer in stats. So I am not going to list them anymore. The one stat that we have is our record. 15 out of 16 games this year, we got the job done! And don't rip on the Steelers D. I don't understand how you can say that their D has been suspect for years considering that they have consistently been in the top 5 for how many years now? Keep making arguments for your D. All it shows is your fear in your offense and Mr. "Elite" Manning not getting the job done. I fully expect our D to put on their best performance of the season tonight. No doubt in my mind. I also expect that with a healthy line and Jennings back, that Rodgers will have a field day along with some stellar play at the running back position. One last thing... Keep telling yourself that you have a shot because of what happen last time when these two teams met in the Playoffs. It's in the past. This is 2012 and we have two completely different teams. You know, it is always great when the fans step up to the stupidity of the players. Keep convincing yourself Defense wins championships in an ever changing league. Stay Classy Giant fans ;) Go Pack Go!!!

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NYG, you are so arrogant it isn't funny. You think because your D-line is healthy that your defense just became the best in the league. Yeah, the Packers have the 32nd ranked D against the pass, but look at the Giants pass defense. Oh, that's right, they aren't far behind at 29th. I am not much of a believer in stats. So I am not going to list them anymore. The one stat that we have is our record. 15 out of 16 games this year, we got the job done! And don't rip on the Steelers D. I don't understand how you can say that their D has been suspect for years considering that they have consistently been in the top 5 for how many years now? Keep making arguments for your D. All it shows is your fear in your offense and Mr. "Elite" Manning not getting the job done. I fully expect our D to put on their best performance of the season tonight. No doubt in my mind. I also expect that with a healthy line and Jennings back, that Rodgers will have a field day along with some stellar play at the running back position. One last thing... Keep telling yourself that you have a shot because of what happen last time when these two teams met in the Playoffs. It's in the past. This is 2012 and we have two completely different teams. You know, it is always great when the fans step up to the stupidity of the players. Keep convincing yourself Defense wins championships in an ever changing league. Stay Classy Giant fans ;) Go Pack Go!!!

Your post may go down in history if your beloved Packers eat it tonight -- remember, ALL THE PRESSURE IS ON THE PACKERS -- AS YOUR POST SUGGESTS

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your post may go down in history if your beloved Packers eat it tonight -- remember, ALL THE PRESSURE IS ON THE PACKERS -- AS YOUR POST SUGGESTS
I will now be the frist to admit that I was wrong. I will not say that your D won you the game. Packers need to take care of the ball a little better. I was 100% wrong about our D showing up... It sucks. All the people on this board had been saying it all year. What happens if the Offense does not show? Will the D show? NO! They had their moments, but not enough to forget about their total blunders i.e. Hail Marry pass. What are you going to do? A fan base can only back their team up so much. The rest is up to the team and it is clear that they were not up for the challenge. Let my post go down in history. But I will be back next year to root the Packers on.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will now be the frist to admit that I was wrong. I will not say that your D won you the game. Packers need to take care of the ball a little better. I was 100% wrong about our D showing up... It sucks. All the people on this board had been saying it all year. What happens if the Offense does not show? Will the D show? NO! They had their moments, but not enough to forget about their total blunders i.e. Hail Marry pass. What are you going to do? A fan base can only back their team up so much. The rest is up to the team and it is clear that they were not up for the challenge. Let my post go down in history. But I will be back next year to root the Packers on.

Good post. But no, the NYG D and O won the game. In essence, you simply cannot say that your O had an "off day" -- no such thing. Winning in the regular season should prepare you for the post season, but in the post season, teams have evolved all year, and plainly, your O evolved for many weeks, but devolved against KC and then the NYG, and the NYG D and O are peaking. We'll see what happens in San Fran -- anything could happen. I just think that Packer fans -- who are GREAT FOOTBALL PEOPLE -- bought in to the Pack being invincible. Listen, even last year, they got hot, but they were far from invincible.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Good post. But no, the NYG D and O won the game. In essence, you simply cannot say that your O had an "off day" -- no such thing. Winning in the regular season should prepare you for the post season, but in the post season, teams have evolved all year, and plainly, your O evolved for many weeks, but devolved against KC and then the NYG, and the NYG D and O are peaking. We'll see what happens in San Fran -- anything could happen. I just think that Packer fans -- who are GREAT FOOTBALL PEOPLE -- bought in to the Pack being invincible. Listen, even last year, they got hot, but they were far from invincible.

Giants nearly pulled it out earlier this season in SF. I don't remember but I wanted to ask how the o line held up around Eli in that game?

Members online

Latest posts