Ahman Green

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the pleasant surprises this season has been the re-emergence of Ahman Green as one of the top backs in the league. We may overlook his achievements sometimes but we ned to look at where he is so far compared to the others in the league.

Ahman currently has 561 yards in 120 carries for a 4.7 yard per carry average. He ranks 18th in the league in rushing - despite only playing 6 of the 8 games. He rushed for 100 yards in 4 of those 6 games.

Of the top 30 rushers, only Vick (8.2), Westbrook (5.2), Tomlinson (4.9) and Barber (4.8) are ahead of him in yards per carry and he stands tied with Gore, Taylor, and Addai at 4.7.

Extending his stats for the 6 games out for the 8 that the other backs have played, (the other 2 games WERE games that either Herron of Morency had approximately 100 yards as well), he would have 748 yards at this point or 4th in the league.

Extending them out further to the 14 games that he will (hopefully) be able to play this year, he would end up with 1309 yards. That would be his 3rd highest total of his career -- 1883 in 2003 and 1387 in 2001.

All this from a back coming off surgery last year, no training camp to speak of, a very young line and a new blocking scheme. Does anyone else see Comeback Player of the Year??? Well, anyone outside of Philadelphia? :roll:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green was on a local Monday night Packer show. I heard him on the radio. He was pretty articulate (even if I can't spell it). He said that he hopes to sign another contract with GB next year. He came off very well in the interview.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree that he should be extended in the offseason. He has good character, while still be a productive back. It should be interesting to see how Ted handles the situation after the season.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree that he should be extended in the offseason. He has good character, while still be a productive back. It should be interesting to see how Ted handles the situation after the season.

Smacking your women around does not constitute "good character".....but he has sure come back nice from his injury.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts