ahman green

tubz101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else see this coming?
We signed this guy just to break a record..he's injury prone.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they signed him to push Ryan Grant to do better and it has worked.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else see this coming?
We signed this guy just to break a record..he's injury prone.

I think it was a great move.
Didnt they sign him for the vet minimum?

I thought he looked good on the field and the guy loves the Packers. Great locker room guy too.

I see no down side to signing him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been playing very well for us. Actually, all the backs suddenly started running very well... What the hell happened? Why can we suddenly run the ball? Was it just Barbre?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we signed him for more reasons than to simply break a record. His leadership alone has been invaluable to our performance. Have you noticed how suddenly we've been running the ball much better? How in the last two games we've been able to control the clock for nice chunks at a time because of the improvement in the run game?

That he suffered some kind of strain isn't surprising; Sure he was in shape, but I think you push your body much harder in games than you do in practice. Being as how he hadn't played in a game in a while, it's not too surprising he tweaked something. But he'll be back, and he looked great in the games he did play in. And if he continues to push our running backs to perform at higher levels, then even better!

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He kind of dropped off the radar...the game he saw real playing time (when he broke the record), he really showed flashes of his old self. It might be trying to knock off some rust, not playing for the beginning half of the season, not attending any minicamps...I think next year if we keep him and get him some playing time he could be the missing link on the offense. He provides a quick block at the line for Rogers, makes opposing defenses think twice about him, gets open at the line of scrimmage, Rogers throws the quick (dumpout) pass, and he tears off into the sunset knocking guys over along the way. I don't see any downside to keeping him for another year.

If he can teach Grant to run side to side that will be a bonus.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green was not signed for the record, the Packers desperately needed some type of veteran presence in the backfield and got it with Green. Their rushing game, although still inconsistent has seen a little boost since his return. It was a great signing. He is unselfish and is a competitor, and the Packers needed someone to do it all. Plus him returning kicks keeps Jordy away to only a receiver which they need also. It was a great signing of a classy, character guy. I was ecstatic when I heard the news.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green was not signed for the record, the Packers desperately needed some type of veteran presence in the backfield and got it with Green. Their rushing game, although still inconsistent has seen a little boost since his return. It was a great signing. He is unselfish and is a competitor, and the Packers needed someone to do it all. Plus him returning kicks keeps Jordy away to only a receiver which they need also. It was a great signing of a classy, character guy. I was ecstatic when I heard the news.

Thats a brilliant post

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I agree with dansz15 as well. There can't be too much veteran 'presence' in my opinion. I hope the Pack also make Harris and Kampman travel with the team for that very reason.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with dansz15 as well. There can't be too much veteran 'presence' in my opinion. I hope the Pack also make Harris and Kampman travel with the team for that very reason.
The Packers can't make them travel... They can allow it, however, and I hope Al and Aaron do... They deserve any praise this team gets this year...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the signing of Green, he hasn't been that productive but I hope to see him play a little better plus he is a good vet to have on the team.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Packers can't make them travel... They can allow it, however, and I hope Al and Aaron do... They deserve any praise this team gets this year...

One would think that being under contract ... the Packers could say ... you're on the team, you're getting paid every other week...the flight takes off at 10 am.... still, nothing about the NFL surprises me anymore RS.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

that was my thought ^^^

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't think Al and Aaron will have much time for traveling while they have surgery, recover from that, and then start rehabbing their knees.

I feel bad for Kampman in the sense his knee injury probably cost him $10M in pay. It will make it easier for us to resign him.

Green was a great signing. Leadership shouldn't be underestimated in the locker room, and he's look pretty good. It's made Grant run better as stated.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of times after Grant came to the sideline Grant and Green were talking to each other. I too think both Grant and Jackson are running with a little more urgency after Green was signed.

Members online

Latest posts