Ahman Green

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what I found on the Sports Illustrated web site: "Houston (2-1) entered the game without star receiver Andre Johnson, who sprained his knee last week, and lost running back Ahman Green to a knee injury on the first series of the second quarter."

According to the box score, Green had four carries for five yards today.

I hope he's okay. Ahman is one of my all-time favorite Packers. But he's at a point in his career where the injury risk becomes very high for an RB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Early in the second quarter Sunday, Houston running back Ahman Green left the game with a left knee injury.

Green, Houston's leading rusher, caught a short pass and was tackled after a nine-yard gain by Colts safety Bob Sanders. Green hopped up, but limped off the field as trainers attended to him on the sideline.

Green hobbled to a training table behind the bench as Kris Brown kicked a 33-yard field goal to put the Texans up 10-7.

On Wednesday, the Texans said Green was limited at practice with a knee injury.

Samkon Gado replaced Green on the Texans' next offensive series. Green sat on the bench with ice wrapped around his left knee.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.....thanks for the update. I wonder if the Texans are wishing now they wouldn't have paid him all that money.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.....thanks for the update. I wonder if the Texans are wishing now they wouldn't have paid him all that money.

No matter how much i loved the guy i am glad the Pack didnt pay him that

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How many of us called this one??

Prob everyone that was okay with him leaving..the ones that wanted TT to sign him to that amount didnt see it coming

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he's ok, hes a quality human being....

but cmon, like others said, who didnt see that coming?

hes gonna count his money in his hospital room.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have loved to have kept him, but like everyone's said, not for that kind of money. Guy's knees are gonna force him into early retirement.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw it coming..........and that is one major reason i wasn't too upset when they let him sign for the outragious money in Texas.
He will ALWAYS be one of my favorite players. He always signed for me when I asked him too, NEVER gave a lame excuse or ignored the fans like alot of the star players do today.

Members online

Latest posts