Ahmad Carroll - For Tromadz

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
We ran Terrell Buckley off the same way and he was a productive 14 year veteran.

Yeah old T-buck wears some bling on his fingers too, in the way of a Super Bowl ring, but we shouldn't let facts get in the way of our biased opinions now should we? :wink:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce...great point in regards to our inefficiencies to get first downs. That obviously brings the D under the gun that much more. This site definitely brings in all angles. ;)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I liked T buck a LOT when he was drafted but he drove himself out of GB. Before he even stepped foot on an NFL field he said he was going to be better than Deion and he was going to get the INT single season record as a rookie and the dude couldn't even catcha punt. The one punt he DID catch the crowd went crazy because he finally caught one.

If the dude would have kept his mouth shut I think the fans would have been a lot more forgiving.

I pulled for the guy even after he left the Packers. But he ran himself out of GB, no quesion.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
paxvogel said:
We ran Terrell Buckley off the same way and he was a productive 14 year veteran.

Yeah old T-buck wears some bling on his fingers too, in the way of a Super Bowl ring, but we shouldn't let facts get in the way of our biased opinions now should we? :wink:

T-Buck went from team to team because he was only a stop gap til they could replace him. Granted he has lasted a long time. Drafting Vincent should have been a no brainer, two players of the same abilty one is 5'9" - 170 lbs the other is 6'0" - 190, who would you take. We would not have had to worry about, argueably the most important position other than QB, for a dozen years at Pro Bowl level.

Then there's this Chambers thing...and they both wanted to play here. :x :oops: :x :oops: :x :oops: :x :oops: :x :oops: :x :oops:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken the 1st punt he did catch he ran back for a TD...That really boosted his ego, and it went down hill from there...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll was called for Pass Interference 3 times in 2005 -- once each on the road:
10/3 at Car
10/30 at Cinc
11/13 at Atl

Here is a shot of the pass interference call against Atlanta

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A defender has every bit as much right to make a play on the ball -- You tell me if it was a good call or not?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hes not even looking at the ball. lol. hes looking UP. the ball is....sigh..

and it looks like his right arm has already been shutting down the WRs left. I dont recall that exact play, but um...im sure he earned the penalty.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
hes not even looking at the ball. lol. hes looking UP. the ball is....sigh..

and it looks like his right arm has already been shutting down the WRs left. I dont recall that exact play, but um...im sure he earned the penalty.

I am quite sure you are kidding, but if you're not:

Notice both the receiver and Carroll are looking up -- that is because the throw came over the top and they are running at full speed. Further, Carroll makes the interception but is called for interference despite clearly having position and making a play on the ball all the way.

Bad calls happen, but when folks ignore his improvement -- two penalties in the last 9 games and he only had 3 pass interference calls with this being one of them I think it is worth pointing out that it might help if people used real information rather than just making it up.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's as clean as you can get of a defended pass. I felt that the opposing coaches really placed alot of emphisis to the ref's for watching Carroll this year. His previous year of penalties became his M.O. and thus was much more analyzed and critiqued this year to a fault.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is.....you can't tell from a still shot if he interfered BEFORE that point in the play. From that pic alone, i'd say no foull.......but what happened leading UP to that time?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
The thing is.....you can't tell from a still shot if he interfered BEFORE that point in the play. From that pic alone, i'd say no foull.......but what happened leading UP to that time?

:stupid:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

There was no foul! He bumped/jammed him at the line of scrimage released and ran up the field with the man. When the ball was in the air he closed on the ball. No penalty was called to the point that you see in this photo. The flag came out after Carroll secured the ball.

The call was interference -- not illegal contact or holding -- interference and there was none on the play.

The larger point is that he did not have the great number of penaties that some are attributing to him. He had a horrendous game in the opener against Detroit -- where a large chunk of his 9 total penalties on the season were called on Carroll. He had only two in the last 9 games and this is a picture of one of them that was called and clearly did not occur.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok........i'll have to take your word for it. I don't remember that particular play.
I guess the point is.....are there bad calls in the NFL? Yes.....but we already knew that.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
who cares ahmad sucks

:shock: Quick, call Ted Thompson right away before it is too late.

Thanks for that deep indepth analysis.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who cares ahmad sucks

Once again, The Football Knowledge of a TT lover is shown.

Bruce, know that your analysis is appreciated by those of us who just want The Packers to succeed as soon as possible.

Replacing Ahmad Carrol better be way down on the list of Packer needs, if not we are in huge trouble for a long time.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
who cares ahmad sucks

Once again, The Football Knowledge of a TT lover is shown.

Bruce, know that your analysis is appreciated by those of us who just want The Packers to succeed as soon as possible.

Replacing Ahmad Carrol better be way down on the list of Packer needs, if not we are in huge trouble for a long time.

I agree. Rookie CB's are an investment in time. I posted earlier that I thought he played much better in the second half of last year and to quit on him now after that learning curve would be STUPID, and, just won't happen.
I saw a lot of #2's getting burned a whole lot more than he did late last year and even you staunch Carroll haters have to agree some of those calls were rediculous and even the refs started laying off as the year went on>

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why does anything negative said about a player (or a sherman drafted player) make them a 'blind' TT lover. thats some of the stupidest **** ive ever heard. Buckeye, get a hold of your life.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok do u want anylisis here i go first. the penalties are freakin ridiculous 2nd. hes not a good kid he just got arrested and just seems like a cancer
and 3rd hes not that good to be kep around with those problems sure if he could lock down on people i would keep him and try and fix him but the fact is he cant and we can replace him with the same quality play wtih a better personality fairly easily

Members online

Latest posts