After watching the highlights...

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugh.. we got lucky! There were a lot of time we left receivers wide open. With a better Qb we would have been burnt! Anyone else see this?:unsure:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think our D is as dominant as we like to pretend it is. The Jets moved the ball, but got bitten by turnovers and 2 gift wrapped INTs. I'd like to see the D stop the offense on 3 and outs more often than have to rely on getting turnovers in the redzone to stop teams.

Against a playoff team, we aren't going to get that many turnovers. We need to get the D playing where they can stop top end offenses more consistently. I want to see more 3 and outs before I say this is a top level D.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugh.. we got lucky! There were a lot of time we left receivers wide open. With a better Qb we would have been burnt! Anyone else see this?:unsure:
I saw this two times.

But, then again, there was a lot of drops by our part.

Saying we were lucky to shut them down is absolutely correct.

But saying we were lucky to win isn't. It's BS actually...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I saw this two times.

But, then again, there was a lot of drops by our part.

Saying we were lucky to shut them down is absolutely correct.

But saying we were lucky to win isn't. It's BS actually...
We certainly weren't lucky to win, but we were lucky Sanchez wasn't looking at those receivers. I remember those plays, and man, those guys were WIDE open.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think our D is as dominant as we like to pretend it is. The Jets moved the ball, but got bitten by turnovers and 2 gift wrapped INTs. I'd like to see the D stop the offense on 3 and outs more often than have to rely on getting turnovers in the redzone to stop teams.

Against a playoff team, we aren't going to get that many turnovers. We need to get the D playing where they can stop top end offenses more consistently. I want to see more 3 and outs before I say this is a top level D.[/QUOTE

UGH the jets are a playoff team. The went to the AFC championship game last year. You can also find wrs running open in every game on every team. Its all in how you disguise your coverage and the pressure you put on the qb so he cant find the open guy. On the one play he had a guy running WIDE open for a td the only problem was mark was running for his life. The ints were gift wrapped my our corners only and thats it. Look up the rules. With all the starters on IR and hurt I would think people would be thrilled we are even giving up a fight and not getting blown out every game. The defense has me in disbelief. We had a DT that practiced for one day playing in the game for us, not for just a couple plays either.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
We certainly weren't lucky to win, but we were lucky Sanchez wasn't looking at those receivers. I remember those plays, and man, those guys were WIDE open.

Not only WIDE open, but also with a clear route to the endzone. The commentators highlighted two such plays. I didn't see any others.

Whether or not the Packers were "lucky" to win is debatable and subject to personal opinion. As such, PackersRS, I think you are being overly harsh, maybe even rude, in calling it "BS".

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only WIDE open, but also with a clear route to the endzone. The commentators highlighted two such plays. I didn't see any others.

Whether or not the Packers were "lucky" to win is debatable and subject to personal opinion. As such, PackersRS, I think you are being overly harsh, maybe even rude, in calling it "BS".
Au contraire.
When someone classifies a hard fought win, against an elite team, away, as "lucky", that's IMHO harsh and rude.

We were lucky when Donald Drives slips on a deep route? We are lucky when he drops a ball for a first down? When Jennings drops 2 balls for first downs? When James Jones drops a beatuiful deep pass? When Desmond Bishop drops an easy int, when Charles Woodson does it too?

We were lucky when Howard Green had only one day of practice to suit up and play? That we have a record setting 10 guys on IR? When our third string TE has to leave the field with an injury (Quarless)?

Like I said, we were lucky in shutting them down, no doubt, we got some lucky plays. But they got lucky too in a lot of plays, so do not depreciate my team's hard fought win by calling it lucky.

It's an insult to the Packers fans. And it's a huge insult to the players.

And, BTW, the commentary is "when watching HIGHLIGHTS". That aggravates the insult even more.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I just don't see it as an insult nor feel the need to label it as "BS".

I am a huge Packer fan, and I actually feel that we were lucky to win the game and even luckier to hold them scoreless. For once this week (and last week, too), the ball seems to be bouncing in our direction and the refs seem to be making key calls in our favor, rather than against. Certainly, this is in part a result of hard work by the Packers team, but also it comes from... I don't know... luck?
  • We missed a long FG, but they missed a shorter one.
  • Our Special Teams (read: Punter) finally plays well. Good time to show up, too!
  • Their usually crafty and intelligent coach made a huge blunder challenging a call that had no real upside as they would have had to punt anyhow.
  • The two INT calls could have easily been called completions instead. Happy that they called them INTs, maybe even correctly, but I wouldn't have jumped off my couch screaming if they did not.
  • The Jets should have hung on to the Howard Green until after the game. It wouldn't have mattered as his replacement was inactive and it would have removed the possibility of what ended up happening.
We could play this game all day with luck, bad luck, luck not relevant. Doesn't really have value. It's just a matter of personal observation and perspective.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see it as an insult nor feel the need to label it as "BS".

I am a huge Packer fan, and I actually feel that we were lucky to win the game and even luckier to hold them scoreless. For once this week (and last week, too), the ball seems to be bouncing in our direction and the refs seem to be making key calls in our favor, rather than against. Certainly, this is in part a result of hard work by the Packers team, but also it comes from... I don't know... luck?
  • We missed a long FG, but they missed a shorter one.
  • Our Special Teams (read: Punter) finally plays well. Good time to show up, too!
  • Their usually crafty and intelligent coach made a huge blunder challenging a call that had no real upside as they would have had to punt anyhow.
  • The two INT calls could have easily been called completions instead. Happy that they called them INTs, maybe even correctly, but I wouldn't have jumped off my couch screaming if they did not.
  • The Jets should have hung on to the Howard Green until after the game. It wouldn't have mattered as his replacement was inactive and it would have removed the possibility of what ended up happening.
We could play this game all day with luck, bad luck, luck not relevant. Doesn't really have value. It's just a matter of personal observation and perspective.
Yeah, I don't wish to argue any further.

To summarize my point, luck happens all the time for everyone. Who capitalizes more on them wins.
To quote spiderman, "good or bad luck is nothing but the right or wrong mix of opportunity, preparation, and confidence."

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
UGH the jets are a playoff team. The went to the AFC championship game last year. You can also find wrs running open in every game on every team. Its all in how you disguise your coverage and the pressure you put on the qb so he cant find the open guy. On the one play he had a guy running WIDE open for a td the only problem was mark was running for his life. The ints were gift wrapped my our corners only and thats it. Look up the rules. With all the starters on IR and hurt I would think people would be thrilled we are even giving up a fight and not getting blown out every game. The defense has me in disbelief. We had a DT that practiced for one day playing in the game for us, not for just a couple plays either.

Oh, so we are in the playoffs already? Last year means nothing. Look at the Vikings and Cowboys. I'll grant you the Jets do look like a playoff contender and this win was huge.

We heard last year about how GREAT our D was, but against the last playoff team we faced, their QB didn't miss open receivers. In fact, he shredded this Defense by locating them.

Until we get a pass rush besides CM3, I'll say again, this is a good D, but I have to see them do this for a couple more weeks and get some 3 and outs consistently before I call em great. And to get 3 and outs we need PASS RUSHERS. I'd love to have the Giants pass rush. Assuming your gonna stop drives on turnovers is a good way to get beat. It's awesome when it happens, but to go into a playoff game thinking your gonna get lots of turnovers to stop the other team (unless your playing against the Vikings and AP) is fantasy. Top end teams don't turn the ball over much, and why they are in the playoffs.

I do believe good teams create their own luck by playing hard and disciplined ball. So the fact that we had luck on our side is a very good sign. Luck didn't win the game against the Jets, but it didn't hurt (for a change)

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the NFL, there is no "luck." The only luck you see is when preparation meets opportunity. We game planned and played better than they did, FACT. When we had the opportunity to get picks and make FGs we did when it mattered, FACT. We were the better team and out played the self proclaimed "best team in the league."

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that may have to do with all the ZONE looking schemes we had going, I'm guessing the reason was to give us a better opportunity to get to Sanchez...I didn't see too much man coverage...obviously we don't get there the receiver runs behind the zone and it's a big play

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, Jets at 5-2 and near the top of the AFC aren't a playoff team?

We're gonna give up plays. We're gonna give up point. Ultimately our defense did a great job and kept us in the game, same as they have all year.

If only our friggin offense would start playing to the level we know they're capable of..

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't wish to argue any further.

To summarize my point, luck happens all the time for everyone. Who capitalizes more on them wins.
To quote spiderman, "good or bad luck is nothing but the right or wrong mix of opportunity, preparation, and confidence."

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."- Donald Trump.

StarBustFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The old adage goes "sometimes it's better to be lucky than good". In this game we didn't exactly play our best, but in the National Football League, every win you get is big. Not to mention, there have been many teams who haven't played well against the Jets and lost.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think it was a lucky win maybe im being a homer but, i think it had more to do with the capers game plan we shut down the run and sanchez main target Dustin Keller. Yes there was guys flying around open but sanchez is still a green horn and i think capers knew that. Give us a few caught balls and maybe we could have scored like the james jones drop. I dont think it was luck I think it was all in the scheme.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not say it was luck, I wouldn't want to take anything away from our D's performance by saying any part of it was luck. Sure sometimes you get lucky, like a lucky bounce of the ball during a punt for example. Sunday's game was pure skill and a brilliantly played strategic game. They played a field position game, our D compensated for any shortcomings made by our offense by snuffing out the Jets run game like water snuffs out a flame. One of the problems with a team that primarily goes with the run (Jets and Steelers) is if you play a team with a good run D, it's often lights out, especially if that team also has a good pass rush/ pass D. The game was like a chess match, check mate baby.

If luck had anything to play in it, we can consider ourselves lucky to have such a great organization as a whole. I heart thee Pack!!!

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not close to a lucky win. Packers outplayed the Jets. Only one play there was an open receiver which was the Edwards play in the first half and he was open in the middle of the field. The secondary was lights out.

You cannot say there were players open Jets dropped passes and all of that because the Jets can say the same thing about GB. For example: James Jones dropped ball that could have been a TD. MM outcoached Rex Ryan and the defense looked like its old self fighting for balls and hitting hard. Pepprah played a great game too, broke up two huge plays.

Additionally: Conditions sucked. My dad was at the game and said wind bursts were up to 30 MPH and that new stadium offers nothing but headaches with how it swirls. Same with the Meadowlands. ESPN had some stats on overthrown balls by Sanchez and Rodgers plus the drops, and looks like the elements played a key factor this weekend. I think we should be happy they beat an excellent team and get ready for Sunday night instead of trying to find the bad in everything.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I see other teams get lucky playing us too soooooooo..................I am fine with it.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, guess there's no satisfying some people!!! That was our JV squad holdng a deep playoff caliber team to ZERO points. If you see that as a "lucky" win you have a loooooooooooong season ahead.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, so we are in the playoffs already? Last year means nothing. Look at the Vikings and Cowboys. I'll grant you the Jets do look like a playoff contender and this win was huge.

We heard last year about how GREAT our D was, but against the last playoff team we faced, their QB didn't miss open receivers. In fact, he shredded this Defense by locating them.

Until we get a pass rush besides CM3, I'll say again, this is a good D, but I have to see them do this for a couple more weeks and get some 3 and outs consistently before I call em great. And to get 3 and outs we need PASS RUSHERS. I'd love to have the Giants pass rush. Assuming your gonna stop drives on turnovers is a good way to get beat. It's awesome when it happens, but to go into a playoff game thinking your gonna get lots of turnovers to stop the other team (unless your playing against the Vikings and AP) is fantasy. Top end teams don't turn the ball over much, and why they are in the playoffs.

I do believe good teams create their own luck by playing hard and disciplined ball. So the fact that we had luck on our side is a very good sign. Luck didn't win the game against the Jets, but it didn't hurt (for a change)
The start of our defensive down fall last year was the 4th qtr vs the 49ers they quit on the run and went into a spread attack. They almost came back and beat us and they were down 17 or 21 in the 4th I think, THE FREAKING 49ers passed all over us!! Harris was out and be became very weak at corner. They set the blueprint to beat our defense look at the steeler game, the playoff game they killed us with 4 and 5 wide. Now look at this year No one is having success spreading us out this year. Our corner depth is WAY WAY better. This year we are about to be 5 deep at corner if harris comes back and can play good, not great just good. This defense is way better this year even if we are not as good against the run because of injuries.

Lets say that the two ints dont happen they settle for a 52yd field goal on one of them or go for it on 4th and 3 I think. The other one they were not even in scoring range. Hell lets give them tds on both we still hold them to 14pts and I would consider that a great effort as well.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not say it was luck, I wouldn't want to take anything away from our D's performance by saying any part of it was luck. Sure sometimes you get lucky, like a lucky bounce of the ball during a punt for example. Sunday's game was pure skill and a brilliantly played strategic game. They played a field position game, our D compensated for any shortcomings made by our offense by snuffing out the Jets run game like water snuffs out a flame. One of the problems with a team that primarily goes with the run (Jets and Steelers) is if you play a team with a good run D, it's often lights out, especially if that team also has a good pass rush/ pass D. The game was like a chess match, check mate baby.

If luck had anything to play in it, we can consider ourselves lucky to have such a great organization as a whole. I heart thee Pack!!!
Yes luck like the luck LT had when he fumbled, the ball hit the packers leg and just sat there spinning in almost one spot right in front of LT lol. Also luck like when we hit the running back on the reverse as he was handing it off to the wr about 10yds in the backfield. The ball popped out and they recovered it again. Also 4 INTS that we dropped.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts