1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

After this loss can we still make Playoffs

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Lunchboxer, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -4
    Looking not that good after today.
  2. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112 / 14 / -1
    of course we make it. unless we lose to the lions
  3. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 3 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yes. At 7-4 the North is still up for grabs and the Bears luck will run out. Cutler is not a good QB and I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers finish the year at 11-5 which will get them in the WC game hopefully.

Just root the for Eagles today. The game is on in fifteen minutes and if they win everything should be fine.
  4. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +375 / 5 / -0
    We can make them, but we aren't going anywhere in them. Having no running game was completely exposed today.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    Lunchbox, what is going on man? We don't even know what's going to happen to the Bears this week yet, and we're down by half a game. You have to be real pessimistic to seriously be worried about our playoff chances.
  6. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think lunchbox is just looking to aggravate people.

I agree with Mr. Stylez though, if we can't run the ball at all, we're not going to win.
  7. A-Rod_is_God

A-Rod_is_God Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    How many times has Rodgers led a game winning/tying drive only for the defense to give it away? Christ.

Fly Eagles Fly.
  8. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    We were never in control of that game. That was all about Atlanta just staying one step ahead of us the whole time. Even if we make the playoffs it won't matter if we can't impose our will on the other team. Something we have almost never been able to do over an elite team the last several seasons.
  9. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +715 / 14 / -3
    Dude. Forget being a "glass is half empty", you are like "the glass doesn't even exist" kind of guy, eh?

The Packers just took the hottest team in the fricking NFL down to the wire. Game could have gone either way.

Worst case, we are a game down to the Bears with many games to go, best case (should the Bears lose today) we are still in control of our destiny.

Go splash some cold water on your face.
  10. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

This. If we can manage a home game in the playoffs, we might squeak out a win. But until we can start converting third and short or get some semblance of a running game, we're going nowhere.
  11. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    This, as much as it sucks to realize it, lack of a run game is going to continue to hurt us the rest of the year

Not at all, there are several teams right on our tail, someone who deserves to get in is not gonna make it. very well could be us.

Lions are gonna be tough on the road. Patriots on the road in all likelihood will be a loss. Bears at home doesnt matter if they're getting "lucky" their defense is going to keep them in the game.

there are 3 potential L's right there in a race where losing one of them could put us out of the playoffs...
  12. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -4
    Our Lack of Running game has been exposed.

Need to get it together now.
  13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,604 / 91 / -35
    Lose by 3 @ ATL and every wants to jump off the bandwagon.
  14. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    playoffs, PLAYOFFs!!! Yes, we'll make the PLAYOFFS
  15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,604 / 91 / -35
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk&feature=related]YouTube - Playoffs??? The Sound Byte[/ame]
  16. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The Giants won, unfortunately. But yes, we need to get a running game going. I don't care how we do it, but what we had today isn't going to get the job done.
  17. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I still very much believe we are going to the playoffs but we are going to have to be able to beat teams like Atlanta if we hope to advance. There are going to be plenty of teams worse off than us who are going to the playoffs just to fill slots, somebody has got to make it. Granted those teams won't survive the first round, much to less the wildcard game. I don't find the loss to Atlanta to be devastating. They were calling the Packers equally matched to the Falcons, who many consider to be the best team in the NFC. If you want to be technical, we lost not because the Falcons were the better team, but because of the Buluga facemask on the return. That allowed Ryan to get his team in FG range to take the win. The Packers might be celebrating a win right now had it not been for that facemask. The game would of gone to OT, if we won the toss and elected to receive, Rodgers could of taken us to the endzone or within FG range.

Also consider every one of our 4 loses were by 3 points. Losing is never a good thing but I believe there are levels of losing. Being blown out is far more damning than losing by 3 pts in the last 2 seconds of the game to the best team in the NFC.

It's not that bad. Dust yourselves off and move on. There is plenty of fight and drive within.

Now lets just hope the Eagles skin the freakin Bears! That will help us in the north!!!
  18. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112 / 14 / -1
    please.... We would of been in controll of that game if arod didnt fumble the ball at the 1. I like our chances against anyone!!! We moved the ball all game long, we just shot ourselves in the foot time and time again. ATL played a great game though and they deserved it.
  19. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Damn forgot all about playing the Giants, man is that gonna be a huge one. may very well decide if we're going to the playoffs.
  20. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    What bandwagon? I never said the Packers were going to the Super Bowl. I'm just being realistic. Falcons totally exposed the Packers' lack of a running game and made them totally one-dimensional. We couldn't convert second, third, or fourth and one to save our lives. Our special teams continues to be atrocious. That doesn't concern you at all?

The Packers will make the playoffs, but there's no real reason to think they're going to go all the way at the moment. I'm not saying they won't, I'm just saying it's rather unlikely.

On the positive side, Rodgers showed today that he is capable of leading a clutch drive in a big-time game. Too bad our special teams totally ruined it.
  21. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +715 / 14 / -3
    Huh? Momentum shifted back and forth all game long. Seemed to me that both VERY EQUAL teams kept throwing their best punches at each other, yet both refused to fall down. Great game that came down to a excellent (for them) long FG kick.

Not sure what game you watched...
  22. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 53 / -5
    I think Special Teams is more to blame. They gave up a big return + penalty with 56 seconds left.
  23. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112 / 14 / -1
    That was a TD without the facemask lol but yes if we get a tackle at the 30 we are looking at OT and if we touch the ball there is no way they stop us. We moved EASY all game long.
  24. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180 / 7 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    easily, the Bears will finish 9-7 at best.
  25. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 53 / -5
    besides the Bears will lose today and I like our chances better than theirs with the rest of the schedule