After Much Deliberation

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I agree about it being boring. I have basically tried to force feed myself some soccer, but after several games watched, I fall asleep to them. With a final score of 1 - 0 or 1 - 1, that is some boring crap. Sorry, it is what it is.
But Osh, why force feed yourself something that you clearly don`t like, in the belief have enough of it and you`ll change your mind ?? I don`t get it !! You guys call your game football, but other than punting, kick offs, and field goals you dont use your feet, and yet call a game were feet are clearly the important part of the game, soccer.
I`m not a fan of our FOOTBALL either if I`m honest, but thats my choice :tup:.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like both soccer and football. And I think this is a really pointless discussion.

The problem is, that have to understand a game first, before you can actually like a game. An than it is still a matter of taste. I started playing soccer when I was 4, and I always liked the game. I wasn't until I moved to Canada that I watched a football game, since some friends kind of "forced" me to watch our university team. At first I hated it, mostly because I didn't understand what was happening, and it appeared a pointless game to me. But since friends watched it, I watched it as well. Therefore I started to understand the game. The more I watched, the more I started liking the game, and now I am one of the few football fans in my country. Point is, it takes time to understand and like a sport.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It's not that I really dislike it, I just find the overall scored boring. It's not like the game is only 30 min. long and the score is 1 - 0.....they play what seems like an eternity and the score(s) for the most are very low and makes for an uninteresting sport. But you are correct, I just turn the channel. Also, it's not like we don't have soccer here, hell it is force fed to our kids and it is very popular in my area. My son is actually very good at it, yet he even find it boring...lol. He was on a youth team last year when he was 10 years old. They played a short season of 8 games and he scored 31 goals in those 8 games....lol. Other parents were getting pi$$ed that he scored that much and their kids didn't. But, he finds it boring and likes to play youth football better because he gets to hit people.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If its not part of your culture its not part of your culture. In my opinion Football the American version is an aggressive physical contact sport, and long may it continue that way it is what it is. Football the rest of the world version is a different skillset and more about subtlety. The only downside to that is its almost gone totally the other way now and become almost a non contact sport which is a mistake. Back in the day it was much tougher and so were the players i can assure you.

Although i do once remember Deion Saunders possibly getting an ''Iroman'' award, i could not think of a more inappropriate individual Deion Saunders?! the old pros were up in arms.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If its not part of your culture its not part of your culture. In my opinion Football the American version is an aggressive physical contact sport, and long may it continue that way it is what it is. Football the rest of the world version is a different skillset and more about subtlety. The only downside to that is its almost gone totally the other way now and become almost a non contact sport which is a mistake. Back in the day it was much tougher and so were the players i can assure you.

Although i do once remember Deion Saunders possibly getting an ''Iroman'' award, i could not think of a more inappropriate individual Deion Saunders?! the old pros were up in arms.

With all the silly "safety" rule changes the same thing will happen with the NFL. It will eventually be less contact. Heck it already is, compared to what it was in the 60's and 70's. The thing that frosts me about the NFL is that they are pricing themselves right out of the common man's interest.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts