AFC no longer the dominant conference

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
With all the talk we hear about the AFC's dominance over the NFC, at the halfway point of the season the AFC has won exactly one more game than the NFC has. And the NFC North is currently the second best division in football at six games over .500. Take a look at the standings:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/standings/

Until Indy and NE come back to earth...the AFC is better than the NFC.

It is nice that some of the other good AFC teams are coming back down - Denver, SD, KC to name a few.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
With all the talk we hear about the AFC's dominance over the NFC, at the halfway point of the season the AFC has won exactly one more game than the NFC has. And the NFC North is currently the second best division in football at six games over .500. Take a look at the standings:

It is nice that some of the other good AFC teams are coming back down - Denver, SD, KC to name a few.

yah until the nfc wins the superbowl again.....id say the afc is a step ahead

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Greg C. said:

Yep, they've got the two best teams in the league this year, and they've won the past four Super Bowls. But so far this year they are not dominant from top to bottom, as they were the past couple years. And the Super Bowl hasn't been played yet. Things are looking up for the NFC.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
4thand26 said:
Greg C. said:

Yep, they've got the two best teams in the league this year, and they've won the past four Super Bowls. But so far this year they are not dominant from top to bottom, as they were the past couple years. And the Super Bowl hasn't been played yet. Things are looking up for the NFC.

I think that it was played last weekend in Indy.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the AFC still has the top 2 teams by a large margin. Teams 3-8 feature 4 NFC and 2 AFC(GB, DAL, DET, NYG, PIT, TEN) and after that it seems pretty even.

So while the gap has definately closed this year, the NFC does not have a team of the caliber of NE or IND.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Greg C. said:

Agreed. 10 years from now, we won't remember all these stats about which conference won how many games. However, we will remember SB victories. SB victories are all that matters when comparing the conferences. One conference can have 1 good team and 15 bad ones, but if it wins the SB four years in a row, I'd say that conference has the best teams.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On any given day, one team can beat the other.
I know.......I'm a "homer", but i'm STILL hoping we go to (and WIN) the SB!

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh the AFC still whoops the pants off the NFC, but the NFC is surely getting more competitive especially in the North :)

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this past weekend was a perfect example of the change that has happened. 3 NFC North teams beat 3 AFC west teams. Last year's best and worst division's in NFL most would agree. And Raiders and Bears weren't even involved!

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh the AFC still whoops the pants off the NFC, but the NFC is surely getting more competitive especially in the North :)

No, the AFC does not whoop the pants off the NFC. They have only won one more game than the NFC this season.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

No, the AFC does not whoop the pants off the NFC. They have only won one more game than the NFC this season.

I was wondering when someone was going to argue that hasty comment I wrote. I was thinking about this thread the other day and thinking about the Steeler stats and I agree with the initial statement. Patriots are really on another plane as well as the Colts, but I know amongst the rest of the AFC that the NFC can and has proven to be highly competitive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts