ADVICE FOR FANTASY FOOTBALL

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in a 12 team PPR, keep 3, no keeper penalties.

I have 1 no brainer keeper in Antonio Brown. After that, it's a cluster for 2 and 3. Pick 2 of Doug Martin, Jeremy Langford, Chris Ivory, and Sammy Watkins. I have Charles Sims as well, who I hadn't even considered, but now if Martin leaves Tampa I feel like I at least need to consider keeping Sims, crazy as it may seem. But I feel like he's got a lot of value in a PPR as a lead back if he does end up in that role.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not high on Ivory. Martin and Sim's values depend on where Martin suits up next season. Langford should be the heir to Forte's throne. I don't expect much out of Carrey behind him. Can you guarantee better if you toss him and draft to fill the spot?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not high on Ivory. Martin and Sim's values depend on where Martin suits up next season. Langford should be the heir to Forte's throne. I don't expect much out of Carrey behind him. Can you guarantee better if you toss him and draft to fill the spot?

I won the league last year so I'm picking 12th and 13th, so maybe. I'm not crazy about Ivory either, he really wore down and he's not much of a pass catching back.

I have a hard time trusting Martin, but it'd be hard to throw back the #2 rusher from last year. I really love Watkins' upside, I think he could be a top 5 WR, but his floor is low too with his QB play.

I'm leaning towards 2 out of 3 of Martin, Langford, and Watkins, but I'm not completely sure yet which 2.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards 2 out of 3 of Martin, Langford, and Watkins, but I'm not completely sure yet which 2.
How long do you have yet before you need to commit. Long enough to see where Martin lands?

Keep me in mind if you need a new owner.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long do you have yet before you need to commit. Long enough to see where Martin lands?

Keep me in mind if you need a new owner.

Ha thanks...this was my second in a row, but admittedly I got very lucky this year...I choked in my championship but my opponent choked worse. The one guy who showed up for the championship, of all people, Tim flipping Hightower.

Yeah I don't have to decide until the summer, just thought I'd see what other people thought. By then I should have a pretty good beat on the outlook for Martin, Sims, Ivory, etc.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guy in my 12 man league (PPR) offered me DeAndre Hopkins, Jerrick McKinnon and Isaiah Crowell for Todd Gurley. My other RBs are CJ Anderson, J. Stewart, Aaron Jones, and Alex Collins.

My WRs are Antonio Brown, Michael Crabtree, Emmanuel Sanders, John Brown and Marvin Jones.

This would obviously give me a ridiculously loaded WR corps, and I could start Crabtree at FLEX, but would cost me my only RB stud. Still, there's plenty of RB2/3 type depth, with Anderson, McKinnon, Crowell, Jones, Stewart and Collins. Nothing special, but deep.

Should I pull the trigger?

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Guy in my 12 man league (PPR) offered me DeAndre Hopkins, Jerrick McKinnon and Isaiah Crowell for Todd Gurley. My other RBs are CJ Anderson, J. Stewart, Aaron Jones, and Alex Collins.

My WRs are Antonio Brown, Michael Crabtree, Emmanuel Sanders, John Brown and Marvin Jones.

This would obviously give me a ridiculously loaded WR corps, and I could start Crabtree at FLEX, but would cost me my only RB stud.

Should I pull the trigger?
PPR leagues I always try to overload on WRs at the expense of RBs. Can then play the match ups vs the topflite CBs like Norman or Petersen or Revis back in the day. McKinnon should be good for 100 total yards and 4-5 receptions per game as he is the new bell cow in Minn. I don't think he's a far drop from Gurley barring a matchup nightmare. I just picked him up in one of my leagues. The other two offered I have no opinion on as I don't have them.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PPR leagues I always try to overload on WRs at the expense of RBs. Can then play the match ups vs the topflite CBs like Norman or Petersen or Revis back in the day. McKinnon should be good for 100 total yards and 4-5 receptions per game as he is the new bell cow in Minn. I don't think he's a far drop from Gurley barring a matchup nightmare. I just picked him up in one of my leagues. The other two offered I have no opinion on as I don't have them.

Yeah, I just really like the offer as I'm very high on Hopkins. I think he's going to be a stud now that he has a QB. He already is one really.

I agree with your PPR approach of prioritizing WRs. I've been in the championship 3 years in a row, sometimes with garbage RBs, simply because Antonio Brown is that good. (3 keepers per year)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just really like the offer as I'm very high on Hopkins. I think he's going to be a stud now that he has a QB. He already is one really.

I agree with your PPR approach of prioritizing WRs. I've been in the championship 3 years in a row, sometimes with garbage RBs, simply because Antonio Brown is that good. (3 keepers per year)
You didn't say it was a keeper league. McKinnon is a one year rental player.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't say it was a keeper league. McKinnon is a one year rental player.

Didn't really think it made much of a difference. I'd just be keeping Hopkins instead of Gurley which is pretty much a wash IMO. I don't think I'm losing keeper value in the trade.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crowell has been a huge flop so far this season, Hopkins has been brought back to WR1 status by Watson, and McKinnon has had two nice games since taking over as the starter. As mentioned above, McKinnon is only a one year rental though. Duke Johnson is the RB you would want to own from the Browns.

Mostly it comes down to who you value more between Gurley and Hopkins

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my league (PPR) we get 3 keepers with no penalty. I have 2 no-brainers in Brown and Hopkins. For the 3rd I'm torn between Kelce and Jerick McKinnon. Who would you keep?

Members online

Latest posts