1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Add Another to the List ...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1
    That's why you are 7thFloorRA and not on the sidelines with a headset for a professional football team. IMO
  2. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +831 / 175 / -43
    Packer Fan Since:
    Maybe our guy's are just babied panzy's. I mean that in all seriousness to because Shields got kicked in the ankle and missed like 5 games....i've had a bone bruise several times and may have missed 1 game at the most. I do beleive the strategy is to let these guy's heal 100% before bringing them back... which is dumb because if you play football you'll never be 100% the entire season. If you are 85-90% you should be playing. I honestly believe Matthews is healthy enough to play but they are over protecting him.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    That's quite possible. And as we saw with Jordy, sometimes when you come back a bit too soon, you can break down and be worse off.
    I think they want to make sure Clay is good to go for when it's do-or-die, meaning playoffs.
  4. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +649 / 42 / -2
    I get it with a hamstring because that will just get worse and worse and for players that rely on speed its a killer injury that needs to be fully healed. Not the same with the ankle of an O-lineman or the bone bruise Shields had. Wasn't Jennings also ready to go for the Giants game but they kept him out to work on his conditioning??
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    With Shields, with Tramon, House and Hayward healthy, perhaps they were trying to send a message to him, or felt that the other 3 were just better.
    Sam is a pure speed guy, and I guess if he's 85% 0r 90%, he might be worthless.

I wish we had some big physical CB's like those punks in Seattle... or big hitters like the 49er gangstas. Seems like all ours, House, Tramon, Shields, are thin, wirey, NOT physical.... and it seems that bad tackling is a recurring issue back there.

Hire the Rock as strength trainer?
  6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 55 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    The only corner out of those teams I would even consider is Carlos Rogers.
  7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    It wasn't a joke. It was valid question because apparently you don't know how long it takes to recover from a significant bone bruise. In practical terms, it's not much different than a stress fracture. You play on it before it's healed, you stand a good chance of breaking it completely. 2 months is not an unreasonable recovery time at all.
  8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +705 / 17 / -0
    All of this means nothing. Nobody remembers the injuries if you win, or if you lose. As pointed out by others, Rogers is the key. Game over if he goes down.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 55 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    That's only because we don't have a decent backup
  10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Even a "Decent backup" is a HUGE step down from the talent and skills Rodgers brings to the table, so I'm not sure it matters who we have backing QB1 up.
  11. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    I guess being overly cautious with "the talent" is better than being reckless with "the help". Case in point, 'Skins handling of Griffen injury. I have to say that an NFL team should be taking better care of their assets, particularly a QB who has the potential to be a franchise QB, long-term. I mean, the 'skins WON with Cousins ... it's not like they didn't have a chance without Griffen...there comes a time when the franchise has to overrule the player...particularly THAT type of an investment.

So...the Pack sit their guys down...it's irritating at the time, but, long-term it's the right thing to do.
  12. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +348 / 22 / -4
    It's a rare thing to have a team with great depth at most positions. Maybe it was the luck of the schedule that we played weaker teams when CMIII and Woodson were out, but our backups filled in nicely (though not as nice as our starters). Very few teams have such depth, that's a testimony to TT's draft abilities.