Add Another to the List ...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It still ****** me off to see Lance Briggs walking away from the Bears game a week and a half ago in a walking boot for his ankle and then being good enough to go the following Sunday without missing a game. Tillman and Forte both had ankle injuries as well during the same game, did not finish the game and played the following Sunday. When I saw they were injured and off the field I figured they would be back the next week as they were......and when I saw Lang chilling on the bench with his shoe off I knew he would be out the following week.

IMO a good player at 85-90 percent everry week is better than a backup at 100 percent for a few weeks just so the starter can be back to 100 percent for "more important or playoff" games. I think last season showed how poor of a strategy it is to sit on your hands and wait for the playoffs. Keep the momentum...keep the ball rolling with everyone.

Maybe our guy's are just babied panzy's. I mean that in all seriousness to because Shields got kicked in the ankle and missed like 5 games....i've had a bone bruise several times and may have missed 1 game at the most. I do beleive the strategy is to let these guy's heal 100% before bringing them back... which is dumb because if you play football you'll never be 100% the entire season. If you are 85-90% you should be playing. I honestly believe Matthews is healthy enough to play but they are over protecting him.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe our guy's are just babied panzy's. I mean that in all seriousness to because Shields got kicked in the ankle and missed like 5 games....i've had a bone bruise several times and may have missed 1 game at the most. I do beleive the strategy is to let these guy's heal 100% before bringing them back... which is dumb because if you play football you'll never be 100% the entire season. If you are 85-90% you should be playing. I honestly believe Matthews is healthy enough to play but they are over protecting him.
That's quite possible. And as we saw with Jordy, sometimes when you come back a bit too soon, you can break down and be worse off.
I think they want to make sure Clay is good to go for when it's do-or-die, meaning playoffs.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's quite possible. And as we saw with Jordy, sometimes when you come back a bit too soon, you can break down and be worse off.
I think they want to make sure Clay is good to go for when it's do-or-die, meaning playoffs.

I get it with a hamstring because that will just get worse and worse and for players that rely on speed its a killer injury that needs to be fully healed. Not the same with the ankle of an O-lineman or the bone bruise Shields had. Wasn't Jennings also ready to go for the Giants game but they kept him out to work on his conditioning??

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Shields, with Tramon, House and Hayward healthy, perhaps they were trying to send a message to him, or felt that the other 3 were just better.
Sam is a pure speed guy, and I guess if he's 85% 0r 90%, he might be worthless.

I wish we had some big physical CB's like those punks in Seattle... or big hitters like the 49er gangstas. Seems like all ours, House, Tramon, Shields, are thin, wirey, NOT physical.... and it seems that bad tackling is a recurring issue back there.

Hire the Rock as strength trainer?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ohhh...good one...:tup::tup:

It wasn't a joke. It was valid question because apparently you don't know how long it takes to recover from a significant bone bruise. In practical terms, it's not much different than a stress fracture. You play on it before it's healed, you stand a good chance of breaking it completely. 2 months is not an unreasonable recovery time at all.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of this means nothing. Nobody remembers the injuries if you win, or if you lose. As pointed out by others, Rogers is the key. Game over if he goes down.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I guess being overly cautious with "the talent" is better than being reckless with "the help". Case in point, 'Skins handling of Griffen injury. I have to say that an NFL team should be taking better care of their assets, particularly a QB who has the potential to be a franchise QB, long-term. I mean, the 'skins WON with Cousins ... it's not like they didn't have a chance without Griffen...there comes a time when the franchise has to overrule the player...particularly THAT type of an investment.

So...the Pack sit their guys down...it's irritating at the time, but, long-term it's the right thing to do.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
It's a rare thing to have a team with great depth at most positions. Maybe it was the luck of the schedule that we played weaker teams when CMIII and Woodson were out, but our backups filled in nicely (though not as nice as our starters). Very few teams have such depth, that's a testimony to TT's draft abilities.

Members online

Latest posts