1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Across the pond - Part II. The Brits are commin'

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Daz666, Jan 26, 2006.

1. The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga

The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hello and welcome mate.

Anything you want bringing back from GB let me know.

Dan
  2. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My wife is a fully qualified Nurse and you know how badly the NHS treat our nurses over here Dan, so we may have a chance :wink:
  3. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the welcome & thanks for the offer Dan
  4. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DazI On your thought "The only NFL europe team in Britain is the Scotish Claymores. If you look at a map of Britain, Scotand is up the top and I live on the south coast right at the bottom so it is one hell of a long walk LOL"

A Packer fan especially from Green Bay or Wisconsin here in the US, if it were a Packer game at Lambeau Field might consider the walk, but would probably use some Yankee ingenuity to get there. but on further review of that statement-- Because no body walks here in the USA any more, unless you are a jogger or us older people who do it for exercise. Gas is $2.35 a gallon here in GB and many people have 2 or more vehicles in their garage. So they take their pick up Truck or Van or SUV and some even take a car these days, for that "long" two or three block trip they may want to take !! LOL
  5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    How true PWT! People don't walk much anymore. Of course, with the carzy crime rate, who can blame them? Me, i walk for exercise. I started doing it almost 2 years ago, have walked 600 miles in the last 16 months. Thats probably more then i walked in the previous 30 plus years. Back then, a mile walk was a workout......now, it seems like nothing. The only thing i don't like about walking is, you don't get anywhere fast. You walk for an hour, and it's 4 miles.
  6. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well if my maths / conversions are correct then we are at about $7.10 per gallon these days so we HAVE to walk LOL
  7. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Daz666, Wow! that is steep price for a gallon of gas. At that price, this semi retired guy would have to think about taking the Metro Green Bay bus, Just Think about it any way, We, Americans have a love affair with our Cars since Heny Ford mass produced the Model A's and Model T's Fords in '20s. Ford brought the price down to where most of the average Americans could afford to buy a car. The high mark for gas in Green Bay was $3.09 a few months ago during the Hurricane Katrina problem down South in Miss. and La. but fell fairly quickly to $2.35 a gallon. When it was found that gas supply was going to be effected very much by the Hurricane.
  8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ours went as high as $3.50 a gallon before it went back down. Now, it's $2.39 a gallon. Did you see that Exxon had record profits??? The truth is, theres no oil shortage, they are just gouging people.....because they can get away with it.
    I really wish we would just drill our own oil wells in Alaska, get our OWN oil......then we could tell those other countrys that we will pay them $10 a barrel for oil, and if they don't like it, we won't BUY it.
    Now......they have us (pardon the pun!) OVER A BARREL!!!