Across the pond - Part II. The Brits are commin'

Reaction score
Daz666 said:
Hi All

Looks like you folks have got another Brit on your forum....

Unlike my fellow countryman the "Ghost" I am afraid I am just an armchair supporter. Jeez he must have some money to make 5 games a year!!!!.
I have only managed two games in my life.
I did spend several months living in Beaver Dam many, many years ago, not that far from Titletown. Almost the entire off-season (just my luck)
This is where I caught the "Packer Disease" I am currently trying to persuade my wife to visit in the hope we move out for good.....

Until then .. Go Pack

Hello and welcome mate.

Anything you want bringing back from GB let me know.

Dan

OP
OP
D

Daz666

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga said:
Ryan said:
Welcome Daz, glad to have you on the site!

Daz666 said:
Jeez he must have some money to make 5 games a year!!!!.
EXACTLY what I was thinking. I was wondering if he owned any businesses here that he could get me a job at! :p

lol I wish........

I'd move to GB if us Brits could get Green Cards !! unless you get sponsored theres no chance.

I'm already saving for my next trip :D

My wife is a fully qualified Nurse and you know how badly the NHS treat our nurses over here Dan, so we may have a chance :wink:

OP
OP
D

Daz666

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga said:
Daz666 said:
Hi All

Looks like you folks have got another Brit on your forum....

Unlike my fellow countryman the "Ghost" I am afraid I am just an armchair supporter. Jeez he must have some money to make 5 games a year!!!!.
I have only managed two games in my life.
I did spend several months living in Beaver Dam many, many years ago, not that far from Titletown. Almost the entire off-season (just my luck)
This is where I caught the "Packer Disease" I am currently trying to persuade my wife to visit in the hope we move out for good.....

Until then .. Go Pack

Hello and welcome mate.

Anything you want bringing back from GB let me know.

Dan

Thanks for the welcome & thanks for the offer Dan

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DazI On your thought "The only NFL europe team in Britain is the Scotish Claymores. If you look at a map of Britain, Scotand is up the top and I live on the south coast right at the bottom so it is one hell of a long walk LOL"

A Packer fan especially from Green Bay or Wisconsin here in the US, if it were a Packer game at Lambeau Field might consider the walk, but would probably use some Yankee ingenuity to get there. but on further review of that statement-- Because no body walks here in the USA any more, unless you are a jogger or us older people who do it for exercise. Gas is $2.35 a gallon here in GB and many people have 2 or more vehicles in their garage. So they take their pick up Truck or Van or SUV and some even take a car these days, for that "long" two or three block trip they may want to take !! LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How true PWT! People don't walk much anymore. Of course, with the carzy crime rate, who can blame them? Me, i walk for exercise. I started doing it almost 2 years ago, have walked 600 miles in the last 16 months. Thats probably more then i walked in the previous 30 plus years. Back then, a mile walk was a workout......now, it seems like nothing. The only thing i don't like about walking is, you don't get anywhere fast. You walk for an hour, and it's 4 miles.

OP
OP
D

Daz666

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if my maths / conversions are correct then we are at about $7.10 per gallon these days so we HAVE to walk LOL

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daz666, Wow! that is steep price for a gallon of gas. At that price, this semi retired guy would have to think about taking the Metro Green Bay bus, Just Think about it any way, We, Americans have a love affair with our Cars since Heny Ford mass produced the Model A's and Model T's Fords in '20s. Ford brought the price down to where most of the average Americans could afford to buy a car. The high mark for gas in Green Bay was $3.09 a few months ago during the Hurricane Katrina problem down South in Miss. and La. but fell fairly quickly to $2.35 a gallon. When it was found that gas supply was going to be effected very much by the Hurricane.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ours went as high as $3.50 a gallon before it went back down. Now, it's $2.39 a gallon. Did you see that Exxon had record profits??? The truth is, theres no oil shortage, they are just gouging people.....because they can get away with it.
I really wish we would just drill our own oil wells in Alaska, get our OWN oil......then we could tell those other countrys that we will pay them $10 a barrel for oil, and if they don't like it, we won't BUY it.
Now......they have us (pardon the pun!) OVER A BARREL!!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts