Accountabillity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packer fan of 50+ years, I cant believe that no one is being held accountable for the direction our team is heading. I understand the injury problems don't help, but we've been "fixin" and "addressing" the same problems for years and nothing has changed. I think it's time for everyone from the GM, coaches, and the players to stop, look in the mirror and understand it's time to get things turned around fast and not keep waiting for next year. All the elite teams go through problems but get things turned around by either coaching changes or player changes. Someone is held accountable! We just reshuffle the same deck of cards. Just think, next year we will be talking about the same issues!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers apparently won't be held accountable until he has a defense full of all pro players that execute to perfection and never miss any time for injuries. Once he has that in place for a season and he fails then he may be held accountable.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Accountability should be everywhere. However, TT is just as responsible for thi
Capers apparently won't be held accountable until he has a defense full of all pro players that execute to perfection and never miss any time for injuries. Once he has that in place for a season and he fails then he may be held accountable.

True, evaluating a DC's performance in a game in which he's missing two of this top three corners, his second best OLB and his best defensive player is playing with one arm seems perfectly reasonable! The fact that TT hasn't yet drafted a decent second safety, didn't put much importance on finding another OLB opposite Matthews for a couple years (and then the guy he did select has missed a bunch of games) and hasn't had much luck drafting impact dlinmen (Daniels being the sole exception) shouldn't come into play when discussing accountability at all. Luckily, TT is great at drafting corners, wide receivers and had a great QB fall to him in the draft so he gets a free pass from accountability.

Note: I like TT, think he's one of the best GM's out there but I didn't want to get left off the hyperbole train.

OP
OP
B

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not trying to point a finger at any one person. It just seems like nobody knows how to address the problems or they wait "till the horse has left the barn" before they realize there is one.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT could definitely draft better but that still doesn't absolve Capers. He has to make do with the 11 men on the field. Adjust your schemes already to put them in a position to succeed. Instead he just lives and dies with the same old thing. The corners and safeties are not as bad as he scheme can make them look. Look at House for example. When he is allowed to play man and be more instinctive he plays much better. When he is in zone he looks lost at times, the safeties look confused, the linebackers end up in weird matchups covering wr's. You have to put the players in the best situation to succeed. Fit the scheme to the players not the other way around.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I really dont want another situation where the Pack have a HoF QB and only get 1 SB. Between Favre and Rodgers Won 2 SB and went to a third. Thats not very good IMO.

Pack could of Won back to back had the D done its job. Went 15-1 and D failed in playoffs.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really dont want another situation where the Pack have a HoF QB and only get 1 SB. Between Favre and Rodgers Won 2 SB and went to a third. Thats not very good IMO.

Pack could of Won back to back had the D done its job. Went 15-1 and D failed in playoffs.

I said the exact same thing in another thread. I really do not understand the mentality in Packer land that seems to believe both TT and MM are untouchable icons because they managed to get was is frankly a miracle SB win 3 years ago.

To all those people who believe that (which seems to be the majority of this board) let me ask you this. If we had not won a SB in 2010, do you all really believe that TT and MM would be this phenomenal GM/Coach combination? Don't get me wrong, I think they are both good, however neither of them are anywhere near the deities they get made out to be.

I am the only one on the plant that thinks 1 fairly lucky (and by luck I mean everything coming together at the absolute perfect time) sandwiched by three of the most embarrassing playoff losses I can think of is not good?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I said the exact same thing in another thread. I really do not understand the mentality in Packer land that seems to believe both TT and MM are untouchable icons because they managed to get was is frankly a miracle SB win 3 years ago.

To all those people who believe that (which seems to be the majority of this board) let me ask you this. If we had not won a SB in 2010, do you all really believe that TT and MM would be this phenomenal GM/Coach combination? Don't get me wrong, I think they are both good, however neither of them are anywhere near the deities they get made out to be.

I am the only one on the plant that thinks 1 fairly lucky (and by luck I mean everything coming together at the absolute perfect time) sandwiched by three of the most embarrassing playoff losses I can think of is not good?

Pack has 2 Hof QB. Favre and Rodgers and only 2 SB wins to show for it. While the 49ers had Joe Montanna and Steve Young they went to load of SBs.

If this Team has Average or Just above Average Defence Rodgers would be best QB to play the game. Rodgers can only do so much for the team.

Had the D stepped up in the 15-1 season against the Giants Rodgers would of made something happen. Even the best QB has a less than carrer quality game. Its that point the D pick up the slack some and help out.

2009 The D was destroyed by a Old as Dirt Kirt Warner,2011 D was dismantled by Eli,2013 D was wiped out by Kapernic.

This D cannot handle Quality QBs.

OP
OP
B

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess my whole point is that when Rodgers went down nobody, except for a couple guys, stepped up on defence to help win one of last 3 games. We miss that guy on the field (like Woodsen) to fire guys up. Something is lacking! If MM is trying to address the problem, no one is listening!

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree. Why the hell we didn't call play action passes to start the game?! Screen plays?! Not one fade pattern in the red zone?! It's not like Tolzien isn't capable. Nope! Just keep running to open up the pass. Then throw on 3rd n long. It was the 1980's all over again.

On another subject, why the hell cant Rogers come in n test the arm?! Just a snap or two could push the defense back after his first throw from scrimmage. Toughen up, you *****! Its football. Take shot of painkillers n get in there. If MM flew old #4 in midweek worry media outlet would make the connection on their own. #52 must be pulling out his mane about this. He's in! He's hurting!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packer fan of 50+ years, I cant believe that no one is being held accountable for the direction our team is heading. I understand the injury problems don't help, but we've been "fixin" and "addressing" the same problems for years and nothing has changed. I think it's time for everyone from the GM, coaches, and the players to stop, look in the mirror and understand it's time to get things turned around fast and not keep waiting for next year. All the elite teams go through problems but get things turned around by either coaching changes or player changes. Someone is held accountable! We just reshuffle the same deck of cards. Just think, next year we will be talking about the same issues!

• Of the 53 players on Green Bay’s Super Bowl XLV championship roster, 49 of them had been acquired by Thompson since 2005.
  • Green Bay’s seven Pro Bowl selections in 2011 were the most the Packers had voted into the game since 1967, with six of those players either drafted or signed by Thompson.
  • Named NFL Executive of the Year in 2008 and 2011 by Sporting News in a vote of his peers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You make a very general comment or blanket statement.
Don't you think that the Packers address their issues and do all they can to put together a winning team?
No amount of finger pointing or personal changes is ever guaranteed to fix everything 100% because we play against other teams that try and do all they can to beat us as well.
They do all they can but as you saw there are unexpected things that crop up.
Like Air-Run getting injured and being out for a few games.
It is all just too complex to be fixed with one or two solutions.
Too many possible variables to guarantee 100% perfection.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
It seems the Packers front office and much of our fellow fans suffer from Hyperthemysia (aka living in the past). Or maybe they place too much confidence in inexperienced players to get the job done. Maybe it's playcalling. Maybe it's coaching, maybe it's to coaches themselves.

But it seems when we finally get one area fixed, another issue arises and that ends up killing us.

Hamstring injuries and re-injuries plague us every season and none of our coaches or staff seems to think the frequency is strange even in the slightest. It would be different if it was one players hamstring like Darren McFadden or Miles Austin. But it's Jordy Nelson, Casey Hayward, Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, John Kuhn, Jarrett Bush, Desmond Bishop (whose was so bad we cut) and probably more I'm forgetting.

There definitely needs to be an overall analysis of our team after the season because it's clear now that Rodgers is basically carrying this team and our cavalier attitude towards finding a suitable backup was a real oversight.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree. Why the hell we didn't call play action passes to start the game?! Screen plays?! Not one fade pattern in the red zone?! It's not like Tolzien isn't capable. Nope! Just keep running to open up the pass. Then throw on 3rd n long. It was the 1980's all over again.

On another subject, why the hell cant Rogers come in n test the arm?! Just a snap or two could push the defense back after his first throw from scrimmage. Toughen up, you *****! Its football. Take shot of painkillers n get in there. If MM flew old #4 in midweek worry media outlet would make the connection on their own. #52 must be pulling out his mane about this. He's in! He's hurting!
I agree with you about the first part but not the second.

You do not want to risk putting in someone with a broken bone that is still healing out there in a contact sport.
If the Jared Allen Vikings led defense saw Aaron back there taking even just one snap they will be chomping at the bit to get at him and, yes, hurt him again to take him out of the game.
Perhaps even to the point of a late hit and making sure that he lands on his injured side.
This is not two hand touch. These are men who, yes, sometimes want to injure intentionally to the point of taking players out.
Knowing that you really want to put Rodgers in that situation?
And you really can't understand unless you've ever had a broken bone on your own body.

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually that year. The offense failed in the playoffs. The receivers chose the Giants game to get the droppies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like to know ---how it is people KNOW no one at 1265 is being held accountable?

Do you want someone

Fired?
Cut?

What if you knew those options were told to certain people with in the walls of 1265?

Would that make you happy? But then it would mean the news gets leaked...and we all know 1265 doesnt like to leak that stuff ;)

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT could definitely draft better but that still doesn't absolve Capers. He has to make do with the 11 men on the field. Adjust your schemes already to put them in a position to succeed. Instead he just lives and dies with the same old thing. The corners and safeties are not as bad as he scheme can make them look. Look at House for example. When he is allowed to play man and be more instinctive he plays much better. When he is in zone he looks lost at times, the safeties look confused, the linebackers end up in weird matchups covering wr's. You have to put the players in the best situation to succeed. Fit the scheme to the players not the other way around.

"Adjust your schemed already to put them in a position to succeed"

Look at the Eagles game, specifically at all three Eagle's touchdowns. Two of them are against double coverage and the players don't make a play. The third has five Packers covering three Eagles, yet somehow an Eagle gets wide open.

In all three of those, the scheme put the players in a position to succeed. The best plays in the world can be called, but it doesn't matter if the players don't execute.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy does it. You might have a crowd of packerforum members outside your house with pitchforks asking for your head on a platter with such statements. Funny my thread is essentially stating the same but the amount of backlash was laughable. People don't like my bluntness but it works

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Easy does it. You might have a crowd of packerforum members outside your house with pitchforks asking for your head on a platter with such statements. Funny my thread is essentially stating the same but the amount of backlash was laughable. People don't like my bluntness but it works
It works? So the packers hired you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts