About those Lions......

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like to see another NFC north division opponent on our tails.... if nothing it prevents us from becoming complacent and makes this race for the divison exciting.......

Im not so sure Im convinced on this Lions team, but hey its a wacky year in sports.....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.....they, like us, have been taking care of business. So i see them as for real, and not to be taken lightly.

Reaction score
I got nothing against having some tough competition to win our division.

The Lions are for real, their O can beat you with the pass or the run.

They've forced teams to throw to win, and I'd hate to have Favre feeling like he needs to get quick scores against a Tampa-2 D.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not seeing the Lions as a legitimate team is about as silly as not seeing the Packers as legitimate. They are going to be tough to beat. No one can say they haven't beaten good teams. They decisively beat the Broncos today and, well, we know what it took for us to beat the Broncos. I'm more worried about the teams in our division than others. We don't have the NFC North wrapped up yet, by any means.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not seeing the Lions as a legitimate team is about as silly as not seeing the Packers as legitimate. They are going to be tough to beat. No one can say they haven't beaten good teams. They decisively beat the Broncos today and, well, we know what it took for us to beat the Broncos. I'm more worried about the teams in our division than others. We don't have the NFC North wrapped up yet, by any means.

and we also beat a Washington team that CRUSHED the Lions so....

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be a minority here, but I actually root for the other 3 NFC North teams to win each week. I want to see the Packers earn the NFC North, not just take it because the other teams suck.

By the way, anyone notice the NFC North went 3-0 this week. We're also a +6 division. So much for the NFC North being a joke.

Reaction score
and we also beat a Washington team that CRUSHED the Lions so....

I think our D is perfectly suited for teams like the Lions... we have to get the WRs and QB out of rhythm, because the pass is supposed to open the running lanes.

Apply press coverage at the line and disrupt the timing, so our front 7 can make plays against a weak pass pro O-line the Lions have.

Reaction score
And the Lions pass D isn't very good and pasing the football is our strength.

The Lions use Tampa 2, which we've had problems with.

They also have Shaun Rogers, who will likely take Colledge to school and cause some disruption.

We saw what a good disruption from a DT can do today (the DT lining up against Colledge caused some problems).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
And the Lions pass D isn't very good and pasing the football is our strength.

The Lions use Tampa 2, which we've had problems with.

They also have Shaun Rogers, who will likely take Colledge to school and cause some disruption.

We saw what a good disruption from a DT can do today (the DT lining up against Colledge caused some problems).

Chiefs use a "Tampa 2"

We've played several teams that use the "Tampa 2" and only lost once.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
.... Good point.

Completely slipped that Herm Edwards is the coach of the Chiefs.

I seem to be having a lot of things slip from memory lately. :-?

It happens. College will do that to ya. Gotta keep the important stuff in the noggin.

I think someone said the Bronco's use a Tampa 2 also, but I don't know if its true.

I think the Vikings used it too.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be a minority here, but I actually root for the other 3 NFC North teams to win each week. I want to see the Packers earn the NFC North, not just take it because the other teams suck.

By the way, anyone notice the NFC North went 3-0 this week. We're also a +6 division. So much for the NFC North being a joke.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I root for them, but I don't mind it when they win. I think a strong division benefits the Packers in the long run, as it raises the bar.

Yes, I've noticed that the NFC North is six games above .500. I like it that way.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Michigan Packer fan. (Yooper on the shores of Lake Superior) Our town is app. 60% Packer fans, 35% lion fans, 5% other. Lots of ribbing over the years at work, coffee shops and oh ya' in the bars. The lions will be tough to beat at home, on Thanksgiving. The Pack has done it before, but this year will be exceptionally difficult. Boy, I hope my turkey will be as sweet as pumpkin pie!

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Michigan Packer fan. (Yooper on the shores of Lake Superior) Our town is app. 60% Packer fans, 35% lion fans, 5% other. Lots of ribbing over the years at work, coffee shops and oh ya' in the bars. The lions will be tough to beat at home, on Thanksgiving. The Pack has done it before, but this year will be exceptionally difficult. Boy, I hope my turkey will be as sweet as pumpkin pie!

Its never easy, thats usually Detroits superbowl....its gonna be a big game not just for the NFC north but maybe for NFC supremacy

Members online

Latest posts