Abdul Hodge

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm afraid that in Hodge I see a lot of Torrance Marshall...

Ton of talent, grerat speed & strength but just doesn't get it...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the "Hodge isn't ready to play in the NFL" is coming from. Neither is Moll, Spitz, Colledge or Poppinga. Let's see what he can do in a game situation.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I'm not sure where the "Hodge isn't ready to play in the NFL" is coming from. Neither is Moll, Spitz, Colledge or Poppinga. Let's see what he can do in a game situation.

Half the team isn't ready to play in the NFL.

Reaction score
DePack said:

To be fair, Moll and Spitz are the best that we have, and Popp seems to be playing because he has better long-term potential.

As for Colledge, he might not be ready to play at G, but I think he could do justice to the LT spot.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge = MLB
Poppinga = OLB

Has Hodge even had action at OLB much at camp? I don't recall that.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like stated Hodge is Barnett's replacement. I don't expect Barnett to be re-signed next year. I think Green Bay likes what they got with Hodge and he has all the tools on the field to be a solid MLB. He won't be a game changer but definately has what it takes to hold down the position. The game changer HAS to be AJ Hawk.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Like stated Hodge is Barnett's replacement. I don't expect Barnett to be re-signed next year. I think Green Bay likes what they got with Hodge and he has all the tools on the field to be a solid MLB. He won't be a game changer but definately has what it takes to hold down the position. The game changer HAS to be AJ Hawk.

Hodge is a big drop-off from Barnett. Barnett would be a pro bowl LB if he had a little more discipline.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:

Hodge is a big drop-off from Barnett. Barnett would be a pro bowl LB if he had a little more discipline.

To early to tell in my opinion with Hodge although Hodge hits much harder than Barnett. He's not as good against the pass though but I think he can be as effective against the run. I think it inevitable that Hodge replaces Barnett as Barnett is going to demand big $$$ and he won't get it from Green Bay. I think they'll pay Al Harris before Nick Barnett and I think there going to let Barnett go and start Hodge next season. Hodge is very similar to Zach Thomas of Miami and Sanders runs a similar scheme that Thomas played very well in Miami.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Barnett is a very sound MLB. The problem I see him having is that he came to GB when our DL was O.K. and his supporting cast was O.K. Kind of like Favre, he just tries to be every where at once. Its hard to your job when you're trying to help others with theirs. With Hawk developing and either Brady and/or Taylor getting it, Barnett will be solid. He's led the team in tackles the last 2 years. Once Hodge gets a bit stronger and experienced he will be very solid as well. He's just not there yet, especially in coverage.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge gets on the field when the Packers switch to a 3-4. It is the only sense I can make out of him being drafted. Hodge would have one responsibiltiy, kill the guy with the ball. I think Kampmann, Montgomery and Jenkins would make very good DE's in a 3-4 and Picket, Cole and Allen could spell each other in the middle. That would allow my favorite whipping boy KGB to test his value in free agency, and we can then finally realize how over paid he was here.

If TT lets Barnett go to have Hodge take over, I'm going to join Pyle in the hatred camp. With all the cap room we have this year, I will be surprised if Barnett doesn't have a new contract by December.

Members online

Latest posts