Aaron's belt from Rick Flair?

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are using the NFL's greatest brand, the Super Bowl, to advertise their own brand for free. The UFC tried to do the same thing, both knew it would be a great moment for their respective companies to have their belt up there with Lombardi. The WWE had it splashed on their website, I promise you the NFL hates that belt was shown on TV.
How do you know the WWE and the NFL didn't have something worked out? How do you know Rodgers and the WWE didn't have something worked out? How about the Packers and the WWE? You are doing an awful lot of assuming in this discussion, and presenting very little facts...

And of course they had his pic "splashed on their website"! It's called Cross promotion. You know why the WWE has Rodgers on their site? Because one of their TV shows, Smackdown, is in a little town called GREEN BAY on Tuesday, the same day as the title celebration. They've even invited Rodgers and the packers to join them at the event. How do you have an event in a small town that just won a championship and NOT mention it or tie it in at all? It's a business no brainer to tie the two together. Like others have said, they could have just been ***** and sued and told him to stop. Instead they are running with it and Rodgers is having some fun with it.

I don't understand why you are making such big deal about this to be honest.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you know the WWE and the NFL didn't have something worked out? How do you know Rodgers and the WWE didn't have something worked out? How about the Packers and the WWE? You are doing an awful lot of assuming in this discussion, and presenting very little facts...

And of course they had his pic "splashed on their website"! It's called Cross promotion. You know why the WWE has Rodgers on their site? Because one of their TV shows, Smackdown, is in a little town called GREEN BAY on Tuesday, the same day as the title celebration. They've even invited Rodgers and the packers to join them at the event. How do you have an event in a small town that just won a championship and NOT mention it or tie it in at all? It's a business no brainer to tie the two together. Like others have said, they could have just been ***** and sued and told him to stop. Instead they are running with it and Rodgers is having some fun with it.

I don't understand why you are making such big deal about this to be honest.

You think the NFL had something worked out with the WWE to show off their belt at the end of the SB? Yeah, ok. I am not making a big deal of it, the WWE capitalized off the Packers and the SB. Period. That is what I was pointing out. I didn't like that they were twisting the story after the fact about how he got the belt. That is the only problem I had. I love that someone was able to get free advertising on Super Bowl Sunday, I love Rodgers had the belt, I just didn't like the comments made after the fact that appear to be disingenuous.

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think the NFL had something worked out with the WWE to show off their belt at the end of the SB? Yeah, ok.
Come on now, I never said they did. I said how do you KNOW they didn't? I was speaking in hypotheticals, which is why i listed more then one scenario. No need to put words in my mouth. We're on the same side Broseph!

I am not making a big deal of it, the WWE capitalized off the Packers and the SB. Period. That is what I was pointing out. I didn't like that they were twisting the story after the fact about how he got the belt. That is the only problem I had. I love that someone was able to get free advertising on Super Bowl Sunday, I love Rodgers had the belt, I just didn't like the comments made after the fact that appear to be disingenuous.
Fair enough. I just didn't see this point made in your other posts. It seemed like you were trying to rip the WWE for capitalizing off the pack and trying to cash in on this. That is where I was disagreeing, I think it's great they are cross-promoting him instead of suing or something.

Seems what you are actually saying is that you don't mind that, you mind that the story is getting changed and fudged with after the fact, and I can 100% agree with you that that is pretty lame. Sorry If I misunderstood what you were saying :)

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No controversy where this belt came from...

Attachments

• The BELT.jpg
    The BELT.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 105

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would still like to know where he got the belt he was wearing when he was holding the trophy.

Members online

Latest posts