1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Aaron Rouse question

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GiantsFan, Sep 24, 2009.

1. GiantsFan

GiantsFan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello cheese heads :happy0005: Well my beloved Giants Just lost are starting FS Kenny Phillips for the year and we signed Rouse because frankly are depth behind Phillips(C.C brown) is garbage. I assume Rouse is not much better or he would still be on your team, but still any info you can give on him would be interesting. So lay the 411 on me if you please. Thanks in advanced, and good luck vs Farve and the vikings :viksux:.
  2. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    He got cut because he couldn't tackle and blew a lot of assignments. Maybe he will fit better in your system than ours but he did have a lot of on-field issues. He was a big factor in the Bengals completion for a first down on 3rd and 29 which is believed to be the last straw for him.
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    he is injury prone, every year something nagged him and couldnt play
  4. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +35 / 3 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    He is possibly the sole reason of the loss to Cinci. Makes an OK backup, need other players to cover positions very well and him lurk in a zone in order to be effective, at least from what we have seen. Giordano would of probably been a better fit than Rouse on most teams.
  5. longtimefan

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    speaking of that check out his awesome angle to stop the runne ron the 3rd and 34

*sarcasm off*
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cseAANWrGeE"]YouTube - 3rd and 34[/ame]
  6. GreenBayCracker

GreenBayCracker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Watching that play hurts, that was not fundamental football, nice strip by Jenkins but everything else was BRUTAL. Rouse looks like a Canadian high school football player out there and gets blocked with EASE! Very funny, is his blown coverage on the Henry td on YT as well? If so I'd love to see how bad that play was too.
  7. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    not good play for Rouse, but watch our LB play on that as well. I think Chillar gets caught in side as well #54

As much heat the safty position as taken the last week, our LBs have alot of work to do. Its never a good thing when your defensive secondary leads the team in tackles as a unit.

That was just a bad performance all around, I forgot that play was on the 10 yard line, wow what a difference had we made a stop.
  8. bklynzwhitestrican

bklynzwhitestrican Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that play was almost as bad as the infamous 4th & 26 against the eagles
  9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Rouse is an inconsistent S, that has the speed, size (6'4'', 223 lbs) and the athletic ability to make plays, has good hands, hits hard, can play both positions, but the mental part of his game leaves a lot to be desired.

There weren't any complains about his work ethic, or any off field issues. He's the "packer player": Athletic, hard worker and a good guy.

Like LT said, he's VERY injury prone (much like every Packers S).

All in all, he was a promising S that didn't pan out. He doesn't serve much as a backup, because you want your backup to be unspetacular, but reliable. He's all but reliable, though sometimes spetacular...
    -
    And I totally agree on the last part. Indeed, :viksux:.
  10. own3dhs

own3dhs Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that play wasnt only rouse's fault , but the team's fault as a whole.
  11. longtimefan

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

IIRC he was the 1st player there to stop it...He didnt even have right angle and looks like he gave up...

He SHOULD have had the guy by the before the 20 and they punt and not get that Td to TIE the game
  12. GiantsFan

GiantsFan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thx dude thats what i was looking for :)
  13. bear7625

bear7625 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    JSonline reoorts Rouse has been picked up by Giants.
  14. RJay715

RJay715 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rouse isn't very good, but the coach's liked to keep him because of his potential. I don't think his potential is gone. He could still end up being a good (not great) safety.
  15. MARCOPO

MARCOPO Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rouse is like like alotta guys. Physical talent, great size yada, yada, BUT......
    It never happened. He'd make a good play, then really blow three others. Very frustrating. Was reading today his quote about how smart he is. Hey, maybe he's Einstein, but he has NO instincts. I wish him well and hope the move kicks up his performance.