Aaron Rodgers, where will he go in next years Fantasy Draft?

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rolled with Phillip Rivers and was pretty happy with him. However, I feel that AG is going to have a better year than last year so he will be a good fantasy pickup in the late first round or early second round.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I rolled with Phillip Rivers and was pretty happy with him.
Same. Rivers put up tremendous numbers last year. He started the year as my backup and by midseason had replaced Tony Romo as my starter.

I'd bet Aaron goes 4th or 5th round. If i've learned anything from taking Alexei Ramirez in my fantasy baseball draft this year it's that you don't take a player high based off of one good year.

Not to mention that, traditionally, the first few rounds are very running back heavy.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really depends on the format of the fantasy league. But he should be the 4th or 5th QB taken. Coming to mind Brady, Manning, Brees, Warner and then he's pair with Rivers, McNabb and Romo. Also don't discard the comebacks of Palmer and Hasselback, and the possible surge of Matt Ryan with White and Gonzo...
I would pick him mid-late 2nd, early 3rd, unless it's a PPR, then it's more like 4th round...

Mr Floppy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the choice is between Rivers and Rodgers after Brady, Manning, Brees and Warner are gone .. then Rodgers is definately the better pick. The Chargers pass defense schedule is brutal .. they have nine games against top ten pass defenses based on last years stats. Of course the rankings with change throughout the season .. but not that much. Rivers owners are gonna be cursing their choice.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivers is going to do just fine this year. With the running game healthy again, the pass will open up, Gates is healthy as well. And on top of that, the defense is going to get the ball back to Rivers quickly.

Tough choice either way, just depends what is available. I would lean more towards Rivers over Rodgers for this year.

Members online

Latest posts