Aaron Rodgers: Want to be in the team picture? Stick with the team

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows if it's true or not, but that's definitely a concern. I never thought of that.

Look at the distraction they caused with this little flub, and contrast that to the same players spending the week in the Super Bowl host city.

Unfortunately this story just hasn't gone away. Jim Rome is on hour #2 right now and they're still talking about this -effing picture debacle. Ugh. You would think the PFT article about Steelers players not standing up for Roethlisberger when the commissioner interviewed them during the off-season about Ben's escapades would have some legs, but nope. Back to photo-gate.

BTW, Maurkice Pouncey was taken to the charter bus on a cart after arriving in Dallas. I don't know if that means anything for this week's game or not, but he either wasn't able or allowed to hobble the 30 yards or so to the team's charter bus.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I can see Rodgers point, but at the same time I still think they should be included in the picture. I could see their feelings being hurt. Maybe they felt they could better rehab in other locations, but something tells me they just wanted to be closer to their friends/family since they were not playing.

Aaron Smith never went on IR even though we knew he was out for the season. I remember reading an article about how he was still motivating to the team just seeing him on the sideline, and how he helped to coach the younger players.
Yes, perfectly understandable that they are upset about the whole thing, BUT, NOT PUBLICLY. It's so juvenile for them to get upset and go whine on Twitter of all things. Heck, complain to your wife, your friends, your diary, whatever...but not to the whole world. ESPECIALLY, with the biggest game in all of football coming up. These guys are divas. Maybe Finley will learn, I don't think he will. Barnett should know better, but he doesn't. Maybe it's time for him to just go.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some are saying cuz of this, Rodgers isnt a leader

I think it makes him more of one..

Tim Van Buren? from FOX 6 Milwaukee said last night that he is under impression the "team" is pissed at the guys trying to ride on the SB train when they havent been around the team during the games

So Rodgers put it all on his back and let the team know how they felt..

Isnt that a leader?

Brett did same thing for Walker contract issue..Brett had the right to tell Walker he was wrong...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't have to talk about it through a mic.

That being said, it was him who lobbied for the IR players to show on the picture. He had more than a good point about the IR players not being with the team, and he's not talking just about rehabing in GB. They could be rehabing on their own, but still show up now and then, and they didn't.

Plus, it was Barnett who went public first.

So, I think it was the wrong venue to do it, but I 100% agree with Rodgers on this one.

Pains me to say it, but shut up Barnett.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts