Aaron Rodgers: Want to be in the team picture? Stick with the team

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
No matter which way you slice it, it was pure self pity that set this up. Barnett and Finley knew they were part of this team. They should have went to the team Captains (who incidentally got it done) and complained to th em.
It was pure and total childish "me-first" from those goofs. Even on IR they cause a disrupt during the most important two weeks of their careers. Seriously, **** them both and applauds to Rodgers who called them on it. Just like Bernt calling out Walker, the leader of the team calls it like it is.
Punk *** Barnett should see who else will bend over for him. Let's see how loud Finley is after he gets the boot. All part of the learning process son.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Cmon everyone... dont knock NB and his commitment to this team over his career... he has played on a Pro Bowl level for most of his career and the last 2 have been hit with injury... I dont agree with him and Finley going to twitter but i guess their feelings were hurt.. understandable... but Rodgers was wrong also.. he should have kept that to himself instead of stating it to the media... SMH... I hope this all blows over and we stomp the **** out of the *****burgh Steagles!!!
I'm not knocking his career as a football player, I'm knocking his decision making team-wise. These are not the only two guys on IR, it's half a team. But you don't hear Tauscher complaining. Maybe it's the instant media, but that's the point, **** and talk within the system. If I had a problem with my brother I'd bring it to him first, not to the local media. Sheesh, why is this hard to understand?
"his feelings were hurt" lol. You have to bring more to the table than that, people questioned Cutler on a bad knee, is it okay if I question Barnett's "feelings"?
To have your feelings hurt is okay I guess, even if you're a football player, but to cry to the public? That's puzzyville to me.
Aaron Rodgers was right to call them out, hopefully they learn from this. Seriously stupid from two good football players.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
i was listening to ESPN radio and they interviewed chillar and he said its important to the players to be in the picture cuz apparently there is an empty space next to the previous super bowl teams pictures for the next teams picture and if they arent in it then its like they never existed

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
besides us fans pride ourselves on our team being team guys and not lud moths like T.O. or ochocinco.
when i hear star players such as grant and tauscher stuck around those are guys i wanna keep. i honestly dont expect somebody like havner to stick around in gb but finley and barnett need to be traded in my opinion cuz that messes with the chemistry when people act out like that

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I have no problem with that, I have a problem with vets talking on twitter and alerting the nation that they are cry=babies and want to be recognized.
For all it's worth, people think professional football players are so tough, yet they cry at the slightest slight. Honestly, they could have approached the team captains and had them speak on their behalf, in fact, that's what happened. But to whine like a little high schooler only shows how little brittle babies they are.
Man up boys, it's Super Bowl week and forget your egos for a bit okay?
The fan's don't forget guys, we know who you are. Seriously puzzy stuff.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem I have is how much attention with what was being said. The back & forth crap takes the focus off of the game. Most of these players haven't been to the Super Bowl and can't see the distractions that are caused by this stupid attention instead of focusing on the task at hand (Winning the Super Bowl). Does anyone see this going on in the Steeler's Camp.

This just needs to stop now!

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaMarr Woodley-LB- Steelers Jan. 30 - 8:20 am et

Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley poked fun at the Packers on Twitter on Saturday evening.
"I can tell u this much - us Steelers would never be tweeting jabs at each other...over a team picture issue especially." So in case the Packers were wondering whether or not the Steelers were taking notice of their petty infighting, they are. They can surely expect to hear about it on the field next Sunday.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaMarr Woodley-LB- Steelers Jan. 30 - 8:20 am et

Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley poked fun at the Packers on Twitter on Saturday evening.
"I can tell u this much - us Steelers would never be tweeting jabs at each other...over a team picture issue especially." So in case the Packers were wondering whether or not the Steelers were taking notice of their petty infighting, they are. They can surely expect to hear about it on the field next Sunday.

Hey, that's nice. Someone should remind him of big baby James Harrison earlier in the season whining about how he's not allowed to play dirty and that the fines are keeping him from feeding his children and that if he can't play the way he wants to (Dirty), he's just going to retire."

Seriously, McCarthy should put a lid on this whole tweeter thing now. Tell the guys that, unless it's positive, or constructive, you will NOT be posting to twitter. Anything negative that causes trouble for the team will be met with a hefty fine.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think the team should follow the lead of Rodgers and not use Twitter during the season.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this resulted over hurt feelings. While Aaron, Finley and Barnett all make good points, a lot of us would of gone about it in a different manner. Personally, instead of talking about it on Twitter, I would of given M.M. a call and ask to talk about it. The situation could of been solved then and there before it blew up. I don't think this or anything can affect our guys play in the SB. They are way too focused, driven and they want this too much to let anything get in their way. What I do worry for, if anything, is next season when and if these guys come back. If it will affect their play on the field with one another. Remember, Aaron's gotta throw that ball to Finley, and if Finley thinks he isn't getting enough catches, how long do you think it's going to take for there to be a "situation?"

Reaction score
I think this resulted over hurt feelings. While Aaron, Finley and Barnett all make good points, a lot of us would of gone about it in a different manner. Personally, instead of talking about it on Twitter, I would of given M.M. a call and ask to talk about it. The situation could of been solved then and there before it blew up. I don't think this or anything can affect our guys play in the SB. They are way too focused, driven and they want this too much to let anything get in their way. What I do worry for, if anything, is next season when and if these guys come back. If it will affect their play on the field with one another. Remember, Aaron's gotta throw that ball to Finley, and if Finley thinks he isn't getting enough catches, how long do you think it's going to take for there to be a "situation?"

Good point about Finley, I think he lacks the maturity and can be a T.O type of player with out the right influences out there with Barnett being a bad influence. Finley needs to stick around A rod, Driver and Jennings and get in line.

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a tight-knit bunch. :shock:

More overplayed media drama...another result of the pre-SB bye week.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to hear A rod called Barnett to iron things out. I'm a bit surprised that he didn't call finley though...or finley's wife lol. She was pretty fired up too.

But seriously, how much more unprofessional can Barnett and Finely be? As a person who has a job, it seems obvious to me that if you have a issue with admin, you communicate with admin; not to everyone on the planet via twitter.

I think these guys seriously need to hire proof readers for their tweets. LOL.

Kudos to Arod for sticking around when he was on IR.

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to hear A rod called Barnett to iron things out. I'm a bit surprised that he didn't call finley though...or finley's wife lol. She was pretty fired up too.

But seriously, how much more unprofessional can Barnett and Finely be? As a person who has a job, it seems obvious to me that if you have a issue with admin, you communicate with admin; not to everyone on the planet via twitter.

I think these guys seriously need to hire proof readers for their tweets. LOL.

Kudos to Arod for sticking around when he was on IR.

It unprofessional from more than one perspective...

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that Rodgers called Barnett yesterday and they ironed this out.

Good. Be done with it. No more talking about it.

End Thread...

On to Dallas!!!

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When is the last time Barnett was even in GB? The last time I saw him on tv, was not at any game, but it was on freaking LA INK getting tatted out. I realize that was filmed long before the season, but still, I think IR guys should rehab with the organization and not at home and be present on the sidelines.

I believe Nick was at the Bears game when they won the NFC title. I was looking at the pictures on Packers.com of the team arriving back from the game and one of the pictures was Barnett. So he was at atleast one game.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I cannot emphasize enough how ******* pissed off I am at Barnett and Finley for making this an issue. Those petty dipshits have made something as stupid as a ******* picture into a potential distraction all because they were butthurt that they weren't invited. Boo ******* hoo. Man up, keep your ******* mouth shut, and cheer on your team.

If we come out on Sunday and look unprepared or distracted I want both of them cut. I don't give a **** how good Finley is.

Wow that's a lot of profanity. :icon_lol:

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see Rodgers point, but at the same time I still think they should be included in the picture. I could see their feelings being hurt. Maybe they felt they could better rehab in other locations, but something tells me they just wanted to be closer to their friends/family since they were not playing.

Aaron Smith never went on IR even though we knew he was out for the season. I remember reading an article about how he was still motivating to the team just seeing him on the sideline, and how he helped to coach the younger players.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see Rodgers point, but at the same time I still think they should be included in the picture. I could see their feelings being hurt. Maybe they felt they could better rehab in other locations, but something tells me they just wanted to be closer to their friends/family since they were not playing.

thats the thing...Why should they reap the benefits of SB stuff when they couldnt even be there during regular season?

I heard on tv fox 6 blitz last night...One of the guys was in GB all week interacting with the players...He feels that the roster players were pissed that the SOME ir players got to tag along...The ones that decided not to be around the team during the season and go home to rehab

Another point (not sure if true)

Packers were worried that the IR guys would be to busy partying and might convince roster players to come and party with them

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jason Wilde Packer beat writer..

Thinks that maybe Rodgers was doing the dirty work for MM...Not that MM told him to say it...

But did what the players wanted to be said

I think we all can agree that Rodgers is a very well spoken player and that he is very very careful in the words he chooses..So why did he say it?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason Wilde Packer beat writer..

Thinks that maybe Rodgers was doing the dirty work for MM...Not that MM told him to say it...

But did what the players wanted to be said

I think we all can agree that Rodgers is a very well spoken player and that he is very very careful in the words he chooses..So why did he say it?

That's what I was thinking. It must of upset him pretty badly for him so speak out on it. Especially with the SB coming up. I don't think he would of bothered if it wasn't something he felt strongly about.....

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers were worried that the IR guys would be to busy partying and might convince roster players to come and party with them

Who knows if it's true or not, but that's definitely a concern. I never thought of that.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aaron Smith never went on IR even though we knew he was out for the season. I remember reading an article about how he was still motivating to the team just seeing him on the sideline, and how he helped to coach the younger players.

Ryan Grant could have gone back to New York, where he could have undoubtedly found better places to rehab than Green Bay. He stayed with the team and went to almost every single game, missing only the regular season contest against Atlanta because he was sick and didn't want to infect the rest of the team.

These guys, Barnett and Finley, are "Me first" guys. Finley more so than Barnett, but they're both self centered and egotistical. There are plenty of hours in the day so both of them could have found time for rehab. Instead they chose to go home, which is fine. But don't whine about being left out when you excluded yourself.

Members online

Latest posts