Aaron Rodgers: Want to be in the team picture? Stick with the team

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has weighed in on the controversy over whether players on injured reserve belong in the Green Bay Packers’ Super Bowl team picture, noting that some of the players who complained when the team initially planned to keep them out didn’t stay involved with the team after they got hurt. Rodgers was asked today…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
well its true...the guys rehab in other areas, while some stayed in GB..I seen Grant on sidelines, I didnt see Nick or Fin on sidelines ( maybe they were, but I didnt see them)

Didnt hear Grant complain about not being in the picture

If those guys werent there week in week out or missed weeks at a crack to be at home, but then complain they arent in the picture?

I would say same thing Rodgers did...Be with us while were were battling, then you can be in the picture..But if you werent here while we were battling dont whine your not in a picture

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is showing that he has integrity and that all the other players should to.
Really.
What a bunch of whiners and *** hats.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, this thing took on new life with Barnett being a whiny ***** yet again, culminating with his threatening to leave twitter again. I say good riddance, and I won't be sad if we part ways with him next season. Dude's just not a leader, not if he's airing his grievances to his 386,000 followers on twitter.

This is a distraction this team just does not need right now. McCarthy needs to step up and tell everyone to just ****.

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how this will affect us if a majority of the team feels the same way. If anything, this is a big relief for those on the team who will actually be playing in the Super Bowl.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be worth nothing Rodgers and Woodson fought to get the guys included in the picture. Rodgers was asked if he felt bad for the guys missing the Super Bowl, and came back with his "Well, I was here doing my rehab, but I know a lot of others opted to go elsewhere and not be around the team."

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers: IR guys 'didn't choose to stick around'

By JASON WILDE
[email protected]
GREEN BAY – Because Aaron Rodgers is a bright guy who thinks through just about everything he says beforehand, you had to assume that the Green Bay Packers quarterback knew exactly what he was getting himself into Saturday when he addressed the injured reserve players during a brief media session at his locker.

In other words, Rodgers had an opinion on the entire PhotoGate controversy and wanted to be heard.

Responding to a fairly innocuous question about whether he felt bad that the injured players will miss Super Bowl XLV, Rodgers took the question and spun it into an opportunity for him to share his thoughts on how some of his teammates chose not to stay in Green Bay to rehabilitate their injuries.

“Well, I’ll say this,” Rodgers said, pausing briefly before continuing. “I was on IR back in 2006, and I chose to stick around and finish out the season with my guys and be here every game. Some of those guys didn’t. And so, we love them, we care about them, we don’t wish injury on anybody, but this is a group of guys that’s really come together and has been great to work with. It’s been great to work with the guys we brought in midseason, some of them, and the young guys. Some of the guys who were injured, you know, they are still part of this team, but some of them didn’t choose to stick around.”

Asked a follow-up question about whether their departures created a distance between the injured players and the rest of the team, Rodgers replied, “They’re part of this team, first and foremost. But some guys choose to rehab in other places.”

Rodgers’ comments came four days after the Packers’ first Super Bowl XLV controversy, regarding the team photo to be taken in North Texas in the lead-up to the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Cowboys Stadium. Injured linebacker Nick Barnett and injured tight end Jermichael Finley complained – first to the team on Monday evening, then on Tuesday via their Twitter accounts – that the team photo would be taken next Tuesday at Media Day, before the injured reserve players are scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

After Rodgers and fellow captain Charles Woodson went to coach Mike McCarthy in the wake of Finley and Barnett taking their issues to Twitter, McCarthy moved the team photo to next Friday, when the team will be practicing at SMU. In explaining his decision earlier this week, McCarthy didn’t mince words on what he thought of Finley and Barnett’s complaints.

Calling it a “total overreaction” and a “poor decision,” McCarthy said he “didn't really frankly pay much mind to it because of the individuals involved.”

The 15 players on injured reserve are Barnett, Finley, safety Morgan Burnett, linebacker Brandon Chillar, running back Ryan Grant, defensive end Justin Harrell, tight end Spencer Havner, linebacker Brad Jones, safety Derrick Martin, defensive end Mike Neal, offensive lineman Marshall Newhouse, linebacker Brady Poppinga, safety Anthony Smith and right tackle Mark Tauscher.

While it’s unclear how many games each of those players attended, Tauscher, Grant and Neal were around the most, based on how often they were seen on the sideline at games and in the locker room. Burnett was also spotted frequently. Tauscher and Grant also attended road games, and Grant said the only reason he missed the Atlanta playoff game was because he was sick and didn’t want to infect the team

Among the players who weren’t seen around the facility or at games very often were Poppinga, Chillar, Havner, Harrell and Barnett and Finley. Finley Tweeted openly about being in Scottsdale, Ariz., at his offseason home for most of his rehab.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/40/news_items_more.php?id=5486&section_id=40

Somebody has to tell the Packers to shut up, quit talking. Both the active players and the IR guys!

Every fart, burp or comment will be expose, explored and analyzed to great depth for the next 8 days. Stay focused on the GAME!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sticking this

I see people dont check before posting..

Maybe sticking this, posters will see it, or maybe they just dont care and will post anyways

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup like I said

We have seen Tauch and Grant on sidelines..

Fin or Nick? only ones complaining, yet biggest names not being on sidelines

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the exact question Rodgers was asked: "Aaron, do you feel for the IR guys, and I’m not talking about the photo thing, do you feel bad that they aren’t able to take part in this?"

His response was to essentially say no, he doesn't necessarily feel bad. A lot of those guys chose to remove themselves from the team, rather than rehab locally and help the team improve. Only a few players have actually been around during the off-season- Tauscher, Grant and Neal. Morgan Burnett too. The rest more or less took off, calling it a day.

I tell you what though- Rodgers probably should have just avoided the whole thing and blew it off. That said, I expect this will die down on Monday.

McCarthy needs to reach out to all these guys, both on the active roster and on IR, and tell them to ****.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You know what the worst thing about A-Rod is, the longer he stays in the league the more damage he is going to do to the drama types. I love his work style mentality, the team mentality, and how he took on the role of QB for the Packers.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Ruh Roh

I appreciate Aaron not mincing words and pretty much telling the IR guys to put up or shut up, but I'm not liking all this negative media attention. We don't need distractions based on BS commentary from twitter, it's so ridiculous and it doesn't reflect well on MM that he can't get the mouths to zip it.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh Jesus H guys!!!!!! NOT NOW. You gotta be kidding me with this crap. Really seriously?! You gotta start this **** right before the freaking Super Bowl?!

Listen, you can hash this out in two weeks, AFTER THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THEIR LIVES! NOT NOW!!!!! After everything this team has fought through this season, you're going to start acting like a bunch of tool bags now? A few days before we leave for Dallas... Nice.

As for Barnett, I could care less, I don't want him back either way. But Finley? All that dude needs is someone egging him on and inspiring him to step up and run his mouth. You guys both need to take a lesson from Grant's playbook. **** and sit down. Truth be told we played better after the two of you went down... You didn't help us get to this point on the field or in spirit. I don't see either of you walking the sidelines helping fire teammates up. Not like Grant or Tauscher.

And Aaron, next time, just say that you feel bad for them and are happy that they are now being included in the picture and that's all you have to say about it. Tell them that you have a Super Bowl to focus on.

You've got to be KIDDING me with this drama?!?!?!??!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The brightside is that there is a time of seperation, the guys going to Dallas to play are probably down there, the guys going to watch and look pretty in the picture don't come down till Thursday which in the mean time their agents, wives, moms, and who ever else knows whats good for them has time to tell them to shut up and support your team.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When is the last time Barnett was even in GB? The last time I saw him on tv, was not at any game, but it was on freaking LA INK getting tatted out. I realize that was filmed long before the season, but still, I think IR guys should rehab with the organization and not at home and be present on the sidelines.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Overreact much people? This has no effect on the players who are going to be playing in the game. Besides you think on game day any of them are going to be thinking about a team picture (regardless of the motivational aspect of getting it on the wall).

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that I have seen his response, Barnett can **** already and take his act to free agency. I am done with him. I have always found him to be a D-bag, but he played well, now that he is broken more than not, he can move on already. The one thing that always pissed me off is that in some of the down years, he would emphasize his own play and celebrate like a fool when he made a play even though the team was losing and the game was pretty much lost. He was, is, and always will be a "ME" guy. Good Riddance.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Don't be too ******* any of the guys. Barnett does make a good point. 16 guys plus 53 guys he's right, your not gonna get 1 on 1 attention vs a different place. People say thing in the heat of the moment that they don't mean.

Time for a group hug! Packers on 3!! 1,2, PACKERS!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Cmon everyone... dont knock NB and his commitment to this team over his career... he has played on a Pro Bowl level for most of his career and the last 2 have been hit with injury... I dont agree with him and Finley going to twitter but i guess their feelings were hurt.. understandable... but Rodgers was wrong also.. he should have kept that to himself instead of stating it to the media... SMH... I hope this all blows over and we stomp the **** out of the *****burgh Steagles!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts