Aaron Rodgers update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baked

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it Sunday yet? What a huge chapter in the rivalry upcoming!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I could almost cry with this news. Praying for AR to have a great injury free game and not get hurt like Clay. :tup:

Reaction score
Actually I could almost cry with this news. Praying for AR to have a great injury free game and not get hurt like Clay. :tup:

My sentiments exactly, 13 Times Champs!

Rodgers's is no doubt a very important player in this league whether you're a Packer fan or a NFL fan of another team which I discovered today. I just got home from attending a local high school holiday basketball tournament with a couple of Colts buddies and a Packer buddy of mine. Starting around 11:00 am, we began checking by phone on Arodg updates throughout the day. People in our seating area, regardless as to who was their favorite NFL team, overheard our conversation concerning news on his status for Sunday and began checking their phones periodically. It was contagious!
We initially learned the news of him taking snaps with the first team which was really encouraging, then came the much anticipated "waitting for the presser" game until we finally received the news we were hoping for. My Packer friend and I was celebrating and sharing the breaking news outloud which again promted others sitting around us to want to check out ESPN on their phones. A few Colt fans (I would presume from where I live) were passing the news and giving us a head shake and "thumbs up." This news wasn't as pleasant for some, though, as we heard a few moans, groans and SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TS from Bear fans, no doubt. This was truly a great belated Christmas present today! :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next question

Will he be rusty
Maybe, but he'll shake it off pretty quick. I can't see him being too rusty more than a series or two. He's been practicing for a while now. It's not like he has to learn the system.

That said, even if he's so rusty that we lose, I'd feel better losing with our Four Star General running the show than our Lt. Colonel. It puts any "what if" questions to rest.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He didn't cut neither of them. Free Agency big bucks... Marco stuck Jones in Dallas pretty bad too.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our OL and FB and blocking TE better protect Rodgers like he's Mother Theresa back there.
If Peppers goes around Bakhtiari, I want Bakh to stay with him and horse-collar Peppers.
Keep their hands off Rodgers.

You know how much the Bears, McLellin again or Peppers -or any of them, would LOVE to slam Rodgers down again on his shoulder and knock him out. They will be hunting him like a shark that smells blood in the water.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did Breno Giacamini leave?? I have no idea how the hell to sell his name. He has done pretty well with seattle seeing as he starts at one of the tackle spots for them. Was he taken off the PS or just flat out released?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breno_Giacomini

Green Bay Packers
He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the 5th round, 150th pick overall in the 2008 NFL Draft. On July 23 he was signed to a four year rookie contract with a signing bonus of $179,000.[5] Base salaries are as follows: $295,000 (in 2008), $385,000 (2009), $470,000 (2010), $555,000 (2011).[6]

Seattle Seahawks
Giacomini was acquired by the Seattle Seahawks from the Packers practice squad on September 28, 2010, and released on October 23, 2010. He was re-signed for the 2011 season, during which he played in 15 games and started 8.[7] He started every game of the 2012 season, including both postseason games.[8]

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Our OL and FB and blocking TE better protect Rodgers like he's Mother Theresa back there.
If Peppers goes around Bakhtiari, I want Bakh to stay with him and horse-collar Peppers.
Keep their hands off Rodgers.

You know how much the Bears, McLellin again or Peppers -or any of them, would LOVE to slam Rodgers down again on his shoulder and knock him out. They will be hunting him like a shark that smells blood in the water.

I am sure the Bears got a letter explaining that they will watch the tackles on him..

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shea scares me because he is a spazz. He doesn't get there often but he is a huge spazz when he does. You just have to get Peppers to think about his money and be disinterested in the game....not the hardest thing to do.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
How rusty will AR be on Sunday??:tdown:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Letting Rivera and Wahle go was the bold non-move that made a lot of people not like TT from the start. It was also the setup to the Favre fiasco that really put TT in the lowest regard for most people like Bus Cook. Rivera if I remember got hurt the next season playing for Dallas and basically ended his career. Wahle had a Pro Bowl season or two for Carolina and continued on. Had he brought them both back as everyone wanted, the Packers would have had a lot of money tied up in those two linemen.

You can argue the decision either way. It was a bold move and put his mark on the team. Personally I agreed with the move but it's taken a long time to get even just one good guard in Sitton. It's the catch for such moves, you've got to back it up with either good drafting or good FA pickups. It's one area where TT and his staff have not picked well.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Exactl
Letting Rivera and Wahle go was the bold non-move that made a lot of people not like TT from the start. It was also the setup to the Favre fiasco that really put TT in the lowest regard for most people like Bus Cook. Rivera if I remember got hurt the next season playing for Dallas and basically ended his career. Wahle had a Pro Bowl season or two for Carolina and continued on. Had he brought them both back as everyone wanted, the Packers would have had a lot of money tied up in those two linemen.

You can argue the decision either way. It was a bold move and put his mark on the team. Personally I agreed with the move but it's taken a long time to get even just one good guard in Sitton. It's the catch for such moves, you've got to back it up with either good drafting or good FA pickups. It's one area where TT and his staff have not picked well.
Exactly. I could give a Thompson's *** about Rivera, Flanagan, Wells, Wahle, Tauscher or Clifton. Its who has replaced them. In over 8 years I'd say the replacements have been subpar. Its not like its been a weekend. Its been 8 years.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Letting Rivera and Wahle go was the bold non-move that made a lot of people not like TT from the start.
IMO letting Wahle and Rivera go were not bold non-moves. Thompson had no choice on the former and IMO he intended to re-sign Rivera.

The contract Wahle was playing under when Thompson arrived in 2005 called for an $11M cap hit for 2005. When that deal was negotiated, Wahle, his agent and the Packers knew he wouldn’t be playing under that contract in 2005. Wahle gambled on himself and it paid off. Some considered him the most – or second most – attractive UFA that off season. Wahle was determined to cash in (nothing wrong with that) and he did. He was in the driver’s seat and there was no reason for him to give the Packers a home town discount and he didn’t. If Thompson was going to remake the roster and fix the cap problems going forward there was no way he could accomplish that and pay an OG, no matter how good he was, as if he were an LT.

As he has done since then, Thompson allowed Rivera to go into UFA in order to set his market value. Jerry Jones made him an offer he couldn’t refuse, significantly over his value IMO. After Rivera signed that deal he got hurt training and had back surgery. (To Marco’s credit, he offered to tear up his deal with Jones and give the signing bonus back.) Rivera did play for the Cowboys in 2005, but he was never the same. Anyway, I think Thompson would have signed Rivera at a reasonable contract but after Jones offered him (I believe it was) a $9M signing bonus he didn’t have the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts