Aaron Rodgers Talent

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious guys, but who did mr.rodgers look up to when he was growing up? I.E., who did he mold his game after?

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn good.

The only advantage in doors is weather I think. You don't have the wind or rain or snow playing a role.
exactly, but thats a huge advantage, no?

How good is he outdoors (in ray/snow etc etc)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers to me will be the Steve Young of this team.

He replaced a legend, but if he wins us another Super Bowl, he may replace that legend forever.

I don't mean he's Young to me because he replaced Favre. Watching him, he reminds me more of Steve Young than any other quarterback.
Young always thrilled me how he could escape pressure and still manage to throw a beautiful deep pass for 30-50 yards. Rodgers can do the same, we've seen him shake off a blitz and still hit it right on the money. Most of all the scrambling too. Rodgers has legs, and he can use them to run, like Young a bit, but most of all, we gave him the fan support that 49er fans did not give Steve until he won a Super Bowl, and that's what counts. I believe Rodgers knew he was truly loved by us fans before the Super Bowl came around the corner.
Since A-Rod was/is a 49ers fan has he ever said that watching Steve Young was an influence or had any impact to inspire him the way he plays?
Any connections, besides just being a fan, that you know of?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Since A-Rod was/is a 49ers fan has he ever said that watching Steve Young was an influence or had any impact to inspire him the way he plays?
Any connections, besides just being a fan, that you know of?

I have thought about that before....All the comparing to Montana, I didn't get to watch Joe in his prime so I can't really comparing scrambling between Rodgers and Montana, but Rodgers and Young, you can see an influence on how he scrambles to escape pressure and pick up some yards with his feet.

Members online

No members online now.