Aaron Rodgers Talent

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys just to give a little introduction... i am new to the forum and in all honestly, my team is actually the new england patriots.. but i have been drawn to the packers for the past 2-3 years. I love their offense and of course mr.rodgers.

From what i have observed from mr.rodgers and previous quarterbacks (maybe the past 12-14 years), aaron rodgers to me is the most talented quarterback in the past 10-12 years (and maybe more). I think his talent is similar to that of a steve young... its insane how accurate rodgers is, how he can run in and out of the pocket... his rocket arm..

Of course being a patriots guy i love tom brady, but i think AROD right now is either the best qb in the league, or tied with brady.

What do you guys think about mr.rodgers talent? Is he one of the most talented of all time? How does he compare to a steve young or dan marino.. or elway?

BTW, if the patriots do not win the superbowl, GO PACKERS! A packers patriots superbowl would be sweet (with either team winning).

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is elite right now. No doubt about that. Best in the league? Yes. Most talented of all time? Only time will tell that but he is well on his way. Based on what he has accomplished in the short time he is been here, I feel comfortable comparing him with Elway, Young, Marino and Aikmen. We can't forget Aikmen, he won't let us. One of the most remarkable things about Rodgers is what he has done with this team in a relatively short period of time. Most of the aforementioned QBs took over 5 years + to realize full potential. We are very blessed to have him with the Packers just as your Patriots are blessed to have Brady.

Good luck to your Patriots. I have a funny feeling we will be meeting you in the SB! That will be one of the best QB duels I think this league will see in many many moons.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well you'll find LOTS of threads similar to yours about Rodgers talent,.. so I trust you'll find everyones opinions there!
But another Pats fan lovin on the Pack! Awesome!

Great intro!

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i will start searching the forum and see what people have got to say then!

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is elite right now. No doubt about that. Best in the league? Yes. Most talented of all time? Only time will tell that but he is well on his way. Based on what he has accomplished in the short time he is been here, I feel comfortable comparing him with Elway, Young, Marino and Aikmen. We can't forget Aikmen, he won't let us. One of the most remarkable things about Rodgers is what he has done with this team in a relatively short period of time. Most of the aforementioned QBs took over 5 years + to realize full potential. We are very blessed to have him with the Packers just as your Patriots are blessed to have Brady.

Good luck to your Patriots. I have a funny feeling we will be meeting you in the SB! That will be one of the best QB duels I think this league will see in many many moons.
haha nice one with aikmen, i chuckled at that he won't let us forget him comment. Yes, it is insane how he is already a superbowl champion in such a short period of time. The only other person who i can think of in the past 10 years who did this was brady i think?

And i think its nonsense when people say that the packers were this SUPERBLY talented team right off the bat when rodgers got them... i think they had downer of a year compared to their previous one, where they almost made the SB right? (i think favre choked that game).

Anyways, from what i have seen from A-ROD thus far... he is definitely one of the most talented qbs that i have seen.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
#1 MVP candidate.

Rodgers I feel has shown he is a leader for the team by example, if he makes a mistake he admits his blames himself and seeks to improve it. If a fellow team mate makes a mistake he uses his best judgment to decide to whether that player will step up again and improve or not. Best example is Jordy Nelson in the Super Bowl. He dropped a pass, yet tried again anyway. Best way to describe Rodgers on the field is Lombari's quote "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In short, the guy astounds me. I've seen a TON of football over the last 45 years (first game in Lambeau at age 7 in '65) ... watched and admired a lot of the greats ... was a huge fan of Montana, John Brodie, Young (yeah, I was a closet 9'er fan in the 70's and 80's), Roman Gabriel, Fran Tarkenton, Favre, Stabler and of course, the Champion of Champions --- Bart Starr. Even Brady/Bellichek can't match 5 Championships in 7 seasons -- that's THE gold standard, you know?

Rodgers? As I said, the guy astounds me...he's the complete package -- doesn't just stand in the pocket and throw ... the guy is a player.

Reaction score
Packers fans are simply spoiled right now. We went from having a quarterback that will be in the hall of fame to another quarterback that is playing in his own league right now. Packers fan like me get upset off of Rodgers missing 1 or 2 throws a game and possibly throwing a pick. I still can't grasp the idea of how he can throw the ball with so much velocity, have such a perfect spiral, and have pinpoint (literally almost pinpoint) accuracy on nearly all of his throws.

I think he is a more dangerous "Dual threat" than Michael Vick and a better "overall football player". Why? You can't gameplan against Rodgers. Just like Brady, he makes the right play almost every time against any defense. Unlike Brady, Rodgers will scramble out of the pocket many times and throw on the run. When Rodgers is scrambling, unlike Vick, the defense will still have to cover receivers with absolute precision or else they will get lit up every time (Like the Falcons-Packers game in the playoffs). But also, if you do that, everyone is covered, and there is no spy on the quarterback, he will run. His speed is just enough for linemen/linebackers to misrun their angles causing them to lose contain on Rodgers which then causes him to run for 10+ yards (Like Broncos-Packers game).

Like Brady, Rodgers is on pace for a huge touchdown season. (48 throwing touchdowns and 8 rushing touchdowns)
If Rodgers keeps this statistical pace up, wins another Super Bowl this year, and wins the season MVP, I believe we will hear of the "Rodgers-Brady" QB duo unlike the "Manning-Brady" duo of the last decade.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In short, the guy astounds me. I've seen a TON of football over the last 45 years (first game in Lambeau at age 7 in '65) ... watched and admired a lot of the greats ... was a huge fan of Montana, John Brodie, Young (yeah, I was a closet 9'er fan in the 70's and 80's), Roman Gabriel, Fran Tarkenton, Favre, Stabler and of course, the Champion of Champions --- Bart Starr. Even Brady/Bellichek can't match 5 Championships in 7 seasons -- that's THE gold standard, you know?

Rodgers? As I said, the guy astounds me...he's the complete package -- doesn't just stand in the pocket and throw ... the guy is a player.
how do u think rodgers compares (talent wise) to the montanas, youngs, marinos etc

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans are simply spoiled right now. We went from having a quarterback that will be in the hall of fame to another quarterback that is playing in his own league right now. Packers fan like me get upset off of Rodgers missing 1 or 2 throws a game and possibly throwing a pick. I still can't grasp the idea of how he can throw the ball with so much velocity, have such a perfect spiral, and have pinpoint (literally almost pinpoint) accuracy on nearly all of his throws.

I think he is a more dangerous "Dual threat" than Michael Vick and a better "overall football player". Why? You can't gameplan against Rodgers. Just like Brady, he makes the right play almost every time against any defense. Unlike Brady, Rodgers will scramble out of the pocket many times and throw on the run. When Rodgers is scrambling, unlike Vick, the defense will still have to cover receivers with absolute precision or else they will get lit up every time (Like the Falcons-Packers game in the playoffs). But also, if you do that, everyone is covered, and there is no spy on the quarterback, he will run. His speed is just enough for linemen/linebackers to misrun their angles causing them to lose contain on Rodgers which then causes him to run for 10+ yards (Like Broncos-Packers game).

Like Brady, Rodgers is on pace for a huge touchdown season. (48 throwing touchdowns and 8 rushing touchdowns)
If Rodgers keeps this statistical pace up, wins another Super Bowl this year, and wins the season MVP, I believe we will hear of the "Rodgers-Brady" QB duo unlike the "Manning-Brady" duo of the last decade.
i wouldn't mind the "rodgers-brady" duo instead of the manning one, :D.

But really, i think rodgers is more of a dual threat than michael vick too. Michael vick seems to make all the wrong decisions at times..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wouldn't mind the "rodgers-brady" duo instead of the manning one, :D.

But really, i think rodgers is more of a dual threat than michael vick too. Michael vick seems to make all the wrong decisions at times..

Vick is great, just not elite as Rodgers is. I don't think the Eagles will ever win the SB with him at the helm even with all that talent loaded on that team. It's also not all Vick's fault, but I digress. On the other paw, Rodgers will be counting SB rings instead of sheep by the time he is done.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick is great, just not elite as Rodgers is. I don't think the Eagles will ever win the SB with him at the helm even with all that talent loaded on that team. It's also not all Vick's fault, but I digress. On the other paw, Rodgers will be counting SB rings instead of sheep by the time he is done.

Hopefully rodgers remains injury free throughout his career... i really want to see if rodgers truly has what it takes to win multiple SBS (he obviously has the talent and showed he can get it done in the big game.. but its very hard to win multiple sbs).

If the packers start rolling late december and beginning of playoffs though... sb 2 for green bay IMO

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Hopefully rodgers remains injury free throughout his career... i really want to see if rodgers truly has what it takes to win multiple SBS (he obviously has the talent and showed he can get it done in the big game.. but its very hard to win multiple sbs).

If the packers start rolling late december and beginning of playoffs though... sb 2 for green bay IMO
Yep, I read your slight backhanded comments but it's okay. You can call him ARod or whatever but Mr.Rodgers is pretty obvious dude. As you will be well aware of, most ex-QBs that are in the media these days are drooling over the play of our QB. So much so that you feel nobody is paying attention to your QB and you're offended.
What I find interesting is that you allude to the fact the Brady has more SB rings. Well, you should know as a knowledgeable football fan that it's not the measure of QB play. Shoot, Ben has two. If you even attempt to use that as an argument I'll point to Dan Marino. So let's put your idea out to pasture shall we? Rings doesn't equate to QB play. You really need a good team to do that don't you?
SB rings doesn't mean the best QB does it? Heck, our Brett Favre beat the crap out of your Drew back in the day. But that's not fair because Bledsoe wasn't that good was he? So yea, let's hope Aaron Rodgers stays healthy because his team is better than the Patriots of the past few years and he's going to win more SBs. If you really have to take a wait-and-see on that then I'm overrating your football knowledge.
BTW, you know you're on the Green Bay Packers football forum right? You don't have to tell us how hard it is to win multiple SBs, we've only won 4 and played in 5. But with 13 World Championships we kinda know how the whole World Championship thing goes.
And hey champ, if the Packers start "rolling" in late December and beginning of playoffs we can all forget about this silly notion that they are undeafeated 1/4 through the season and a good football team. Let's wait until December to see if they are really as good as advertised right? Because goodness, we all know the Patriots just hiccupped in their loss.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, I read your slight backhanded comments but it's okay. You can call him ARod or whatever but Mr.Rodgers is pretty obvious dude. As you will be well aware of, most ex-QBs that are in the media these days are drooling over the play of our QB. So much so that you feel nobody is paying attention to your QB and you're offended.
What I find interesting is that you allude to the fact the Brady has more SB rings. Well, you should know as a knowledgeable football fan that it's not the measure of QB play. Shoot, Ben has two. If you even attempt to use that as an argument I'll point to Dan Marino. So let's put your idea out to pasture shall we? Rings doesn't equate to QB play. You really need a good team to do that don't you?
SB rings doesn't mean the best QB does it? Heck, our Brett Favre beat the crap out of your Drew back in the day. But that's not fair because Bledsoe wasn't that good was he? So yea, let's hope Aaron Rodgers stays healthy because his team is better than the Patriots of the past few years and he's going to win more SBs. If you really have to take a wait-and-see on that then I'm overrating your football knowledge.
BTW, you know you're on the Green Bay Packers football forum right? You don't have to tell us how hard it is to win multiple SBs, we've only won 4 and played in 5. But with 13 World Championships we kinda know how the whole World Championship thing goes.
And hey champ, if the Packers start "rolling" in late December and beginning of playoffs we can all forget about this silly notion that they are undeafeated 1/4 through the season and a good football team. Let's wait until December to see if they are really as good as advertised right? Because goodness, we all know the Patriots just hiccupped in their loss.
are you serious? Do you think i really came on here to make backhanded comments on aaron rodgers? Go read my posts on the patriots board, i call tom brady mr.brady as well. I can't believe this...

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes his team is better than the patriots of the last few years. I think aaron rodgers could play on a higher level than brady ever did.

And no... bens not > aaron rodgers cuz he has 2 rings... his play in the superbowls was atrocious

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Also man.. peyton manning is the kind of talent who should have won more than one SB right? But he did not, get my drift? A-rod is obviously a talent who is capable of numerous SB'S.. but so was/is peyton.

BTW, i didn't mean to offend anyone when i said that SB'S are difficult to win, i was just speaking my mind, thats all.

The packers are the only undefeated team in the NFl along with the lions i believe, so obviously they aren't playing bad football. When i said "ROLLING" in december, what i meant is if they play similar to how they played last year in the post-season... than no team (INCLUDING THE PATRIOTS IF YOU WILL) stands a chance against the packers. I.e., they will be on a level which is unstoppable (and rodgers has A LOT to do with that).

And to put an end to this "back-handed comments" horse crap, aaron rodgers has played better than brady this season. Aaron rodgers is the number one quaterback in the NFL, not tom brady. Do you still think i came here to talk **** on aaron rodgers and packer fans?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Also man.. peyton manning is the kind of talent who should have won more than one SB right? But he did not, get my drift? A-rod is obviously a talent who is capable of numerous SB'S.. but so was/is peyton.

BTW, i didn't mean to offend anyone when i said that SB'S are difficult to win, i was just speaking my mind, thats all.

The packers are the only undefeated team in the NFl along with the lions i believe, so obviously they aren't playing bad football. When i said "ROLLING" in december, what i meant is if they play similar to how they played last year in the post-season... than no team (INCLUDING THE PATRIOTS IF YOU WILL) stands a chance against the packers. I.e., they will be on a level which is unstoppable (and rodgers has A LOT to do with that).

And to put an end to this "back-handed comments" horse crap, aaron rodgers has played better than brady this season. Aaron rodgers is the number one quaterback in the NFL, not tom brady. Do you still think i came here to talk **** on aaron rodgers and packer fans?

I don't think you came here for that. Some people around here are cranky sometimes... maybe cause the Brewers lost.. IDK lol

I appreciate your comments trust me. I frequent the ESPN message boards, and the Pats fans there are brutal. Won't give Rodgers any credit at all in fear it will diminish Brady.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Rodgers to me will be the Steve Young of this team.

He replaced a legend, but if he wins us another Super Bowl, he may replace that legend forever.

I don't mean he's Young to me because he replaced Favre. Watching him, he reminds me more of Steve Young than any other quarterback.
Young always thrilled me how he could escape pressure and still manage to throw a beautiful deep pass for 30-50 yards. Rodgers can do the same, we've seen him shake off a blitz and still hit it right on the money. Most of all the scrambling too. Rodgers has legs, and he can use them to run, like Young a bit, but most of all, we gave him the fan support that 49er fans did not give Steve until he won a Super Bowl, and that's what counts. I believe Rodgers knew he was truly loved by us fans before the Super Bowl came around the corner.

I like Tom Brady. Always have since he made his first move after winning a Super Bowl by going and marrying a super model LMAO that's something anybody could dream of doing.
The longer he plays, I think he will probably end up known as the "best" quarterback ever. You can compare him to Peyton till you're blue in the face, but Brady is clutch. He didn't go to the Super Bowl and throw the game winning pass to the other team.

I just can't stand him being compared to Montana. Yeah they both won titles, but Montana played in a different age, back when quarterbacks could get killed, and it was a much more bloody game in his days.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
are you serious? Do you think i really came on here to make backhanded comments on aaron rodgers? Go read my posts on the patriots board, i call tom brady mr.brady as well. I can't believe this...

Don't worry about it- your posts were just fine. Welcome to the board.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers to me will be the Steve Young of this team.

He replaced a legend, but if he wins us another Super Bowl, he may replace that legend forever.

I don't mean he's Young to me because he replaced Favre. Watching him, he reminds me more of Steve Young than any other quarterback.
Young always thrilled me how he could escape pressure and still manage to throw a beautiful deep pass for 30-50 yards. Rodgers can do the same, we've seen him shake off a blitz and still hit it right on the money. Most of all the scrambling too. Rodgers has legs, and he can use them to run, like Young a bit, but most of all, we gave him the fan support that 49er fans did not give Steve until he won a Super Bowl, and that's what counts. I believe Rodgers knew he was truly loved by us fans before the Super Bowl came around the corner.

I like Tom Brady. Always have since he made his first move after winning a Super Bowl by going and marrying a super model LMAO that's something anybody could dream of doing.
The longer he plays, I think he will probably end up known as the "best" quarterback ever. You can compare him to Peyton till you're blue in the face, but Brady is clutch. He didn't go to the Super Bowl and throw the game winning pass to the other team.

I just can't stand him being compared to Montana. Yeah they both won titles, but Montana played in a different age, back when quarterbacks could get killed, and it was a much more bloody game in his days.

i agree that i dont like the comparison to quarterbacks in montana's era.. because it was a different game. I think brady is the best POST montana... but aaron rodgers could easily take that title. Peyton IMO has no right to that title (won his only SB with one of his worst performances ever [team defense bailed him out], and threw a pick 6 in the other sb).

I can see why brady draws comparisons to montana though, he has that cool demeanor in the clutch. Now that i think of it... aaron rodgers is a lot like montana in that sense too. When did you EVER see mr.rodgers shaken up during clutch moments? He looks very calm, cool and collected... like he lives for those moments. It was crazy how badly aaron rodgers lit up the steelers in the superbowl, INSANE actually. I mean, if his WR'S did not drop those EASILY catchable passes (i forgot who the receivers were... i think one was nelson?), Aaron rodgers has 5 touchdowns in his first ever superbowl....

Another thing that still stays in the back of my mind is the two insane touchdowns that aaron rodgers had in the superbowl... those throws he made... i don't think most quarterbacks in NFL history could make such throws..

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree that i dont like the comparison to quarterbacks in montana's era.. because it was a different game. I think brady is the best POST montana... but aaron rodgers could easily take that title. Peyton IMO has no right to that title (won his only SB with one of his worst performances ever [team defense bailed him out], and threw a pick 6 in the other sb).

I can see why brady draws comparisons to montana though, he has that cool demeanor in the clutch. Now that i think of it... aaron rodgers is a lot like montana in that sense too. When did you EVER see mr.rodgers shaken up during clutch moments? He looks very calm, cool and collected... like he lives for those moments. It was crazy how badly aaron rodgers lit up the steelers in the superbowl, INSANE actually. I mean, if his WR'S did not drop those EASILY catchable passes (i forgot who the receivers were... i think one was nelson?), Aaron rodgers has 5 touchdowns in his first ever superbowl....

Another thing that still stays in the back of my mind is the two insane touchdowns that aaron rodgers had in the superbowl... those throws he made... i don't think most quarterbacks in NFL history could make such throws..

Excuse me, the other WR was jennings i believe... and the throws i am talking about, one of them was a touchdown, while the other one COULD HAVE been a touchdown, had polamalu not made a crazy tackle on jennings. Nonetheless, both throws were one of the best throws ive ever seen from a QB

Latest posts