Aaron Rodgers Season in Review

BerryGunner8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how do you people think he done this season?

how does he compare to favre this season? considering how well the Jets are doing compared to the packers?

Come on you PACKERS!!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Difficult to compare a first year starter to a seasoned veteran on the one hand, on the other hand there's still some football left to play for Favre.

Stats wise A-Rod has held his own admirably, record wise...negative. It's obvious Rodgers has lost a LOT of confidence as evidenced by his opportunity to finally lead his team from behind in a two-minute drill scenario. His interception was nearly Favreian in nature (okay maybe not THAT bad), and his play was adequate the rest of the game.

Thus begins the endless debates: would Rodgers have played better if he had better protection? Would the confidence of the team have been better if the defense and ST consistently did their part instead of failing miserably? Did MM hold Rodgers back with conservative play calling? The list goes on.

Most of us who supported the trade knew this would be a transitional year and we got our wish. The reality is however that the team, sooner or later, would have had to experience Aaron's growing pains for a season, so for better or worse that's past us.

Favre is and always will be a legend. Having said that, a casual perusal of the Jets forums reveals that a LOT of Jets fans are nervous about this season, especially considering that it would probably be ONLY the NFC East champ making the playoffs depending on how well Indy and Baltimore do. To the Jets fans, their biggest fear is Miami doing better than them this year because if the Fins DO finish better with Pennington, then they feel their team will be a laughing stock of the NFL, (their words, not mine)...

Rodgersfan1985

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers's stats are good, as a matter of fact, I think hes got a better pass rating than favre does right now. And people, Favre has done the exact same thing as rodgers has by throwing a pick late in the game to lose it. May I remind you of what happened last year AGAINST THE GIANTS!!!! haha. AND hes lost this year to OAK, SF, DEN teams who are horrible this year.So yeah I think aaron rodgers has filled in the job pretty well, if our record was 9-5 we wouldn't even be bringin the brett favre trade up now haha

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Rodgersfan1985 said:
I think Rodgers's stats are good, as a matter of fact, I think hes got a better pass rating than favre does right now. And people, Favre has done the exact same thing as rodgers has by throwing a pick late in the game to lose it. May I remind you of what happened last year AGAINST THE GIANTS!!!! haha. AND hes lost this year to OAK, SF, DEN teams who are horrible this year.So yeah I think aaron rodgers has filled in the job pretty well, if our record was 9-5 we wouldn't even be bringin the brett favre trade up now haha

If you make your way to the GBPG forums (I don't recommend it) you'll find the entire site has deteriorated into the Favre disciples screaming for Rodgers' head and swearing with Favre we'd be 13-1 right now.

Favre DOES have an onfield presence that inspires leadership, however I don't believe the man could have done much for our sorry defense and/or lousy coaching this year...

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can be dumb enough to say that we would be 13-1 with Favre. Favre IS being carried by the Jets DEFENSE. They've won at least 3 games due to defensive touchdowns late in the game, and in each game Favre had more interceptions than touchdowns and played terrible overall. Favre can not make up for your shotty performances on defense. Anybody that doesn't like that we traded Favre doesn't seem to think to the future of Green Bay.

OP
OP
B

BerryGunner8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i feel that this season the defence has been terrible, whereas the jets have been one of the best, this may explain the differance in the records of the 2 teams. rodgers was really good at the start of the season, whereas recently he has been a bit off, this maybe bcos of MM and his plays, the defence being shoddy or maybe both.

everybody knew this season would be hard, with rodgers still learning how to play in the 1st team. the play off's would be nice but im not going to carry over it because it knew it wold be very difficult.

people who are calling for MM head are stupid. he is a great coach. look what he did last season. we need him.

for people who watch football or 'soccer' its like thierry henry leaving arsenal, and people assuming theo walcott would automatically take over from him, that didnt happen. they gave him time now its coming gd for them.

Come on PACKERS!!

Members online

Latest posts