Aaron Rodgers Said What?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to what Rodgers said. I might be in the minority here, but I don't think he should be saying this kind of stuff to the media. Yes, he's going to field questions about Favre until he retires (more than likely). It comes with the territory. I think he should put at least one complete game together before he starts saying to the fans to "keep their mouth shut". It's just not in his best interest - he's going to have an uphill climb the way it is and he should really be trying to win everyone over right now, fans included.

I agree that its silly to heap this on yourself. keeping quiet is the best thing to do.

But come on, its been 3 years. We should be happy he hasn't punched a reporter in the face. He gets asked the same questions for 3 years and allows one iffy comment. and i say iffy, because i dont disagree with it. I hate bandwagon fans with a passion, and thousands of Packer fans have hated on this guy for 3 years without so much as a reason....but the first game he wins on Sept. 8 they all think they can just come back.

I dont want a quarterback who is ok with sitting on the bench or a guy who sits idly by while people trash his name for no reason. I want a gamer, a guy who drops truth bombs, doesn't care what people think and most importantly a guy who plays. you know... kinda like the one that played for us for 17 years.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guys has played one decent half of pro football in his career. A half where the other team didnt even gameplan for him. I think he is the one who should keep his mouth shut until he proves he can play a full game without getting hurt or at least until he gets his first victory under his belt. I cant remember one instance where Favre publicly said to the fans "shut up and get on board". Its something i would expect Ryan Leaf to say.

Message to Mr. Rodgers

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Back to what Rodgers said. I might be in the minority here, but I don't think he should be saying this kind of stuff to the media. Yes, he's going to field questions about Favre until he retires (more than likely). It comes with the territory. I think he should put at least one complete game together before he starts saying to the fans to "keep their mouth shut". It's just not in his best interest - he's going to have an uphill climb the way it is and he should really be trying to win everyone over right now, fans included.

I agree that its silly to heap this on yourself. keeping quiet is the best thing to do.

But come on, its been 3 years. We should be happy he hasn't punched a reporter in the face. He gets asked the same questions for 3 years and allows one iffy comment. and i say iffy, because i dont disagree with it. I hate bandwagon fans with a passion, and thousands of Packer fans have hated on this guy for 3 years without so much as a reason....but the first game he wins on Sept. 8 they all think they can just come back.

I dont want a quarterback who is ok with sitting on the bench or a guy who sits idly by while people trash his name for no reason. I want a gamer, a guy who drops truth bombs, doesn't care what people think and most importantly a guy who plays. you know... kinda like the one that played for us for 17 years.

I agree totally, if TT can go from the phantomine bad guy to a genius then theres no reason Arod cant win people over too. Its a pity TT never came out and told the fans to "****" for questioning his drafts after Greg Jennings began catching TD passes for fun. :-?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
The guys has played one decent half of pro football in his career. A half where the other team didnt even gameplan for him. I think he is the one who should keep his mouth shut until he proves he can play a full game without getting hurt or at least until he gets his first victory under his belt. I cant remember one instance where Favre publicly said to the fans "shut up and get on board". Its something i would expect Ryan Leaf to say.

Could not have said it better myself. I agree totally with this post. A-Rod probably will end up being a very good NFL QB but he didn't help himself by telling people to get on board or keep their mouths shut.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You people seem to think he actually cares if fans like him or not. It looks pretty apparent to me that he doesn't, and that's fine. He's been a pariah since he's been drafted, and he's embracing that role maybe, letting it fuel him. A lot of his teammates have spoken highly of him, and THAT matters(except al harris, who can jump off a cliff).

He just wants to take care of business and win, and I don't think he gives a damn if we like him or not.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he does "give a damn if we like him or not" . Otherwise he wouldn't have come out later and said he cares what the fans think. I think he was just frustrated with the repeated ******* journalist hitting him with the whole Farve legacy thing. For 3 years someone has been telling him that the fans love Brett and don't like you as much. Eventually you would have to say.... Who cares ? Like me or not I'm the man. Deal with it.

I like it!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he does "give a damn if we like him or not" . Otherwise he wouldn't have come out later and said he cares what the fans think.

Yeah, cuz that wasn't damage control demanded by the front office at all..

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You people seem to think he actually cares if fans like him or not. It looks pretty apparent to me that he doesn't, and that's fine. He's been a pariah since he's been drafted, and he's embracing that role maybe, letting it fuel him. A lot of his teammates have spoken highly of him, and THAT matters(except al harris, who can jump off a cliff).

He just wants to take care of business and win, and I don't think he gives a damn if we like him or not.

That's fine if he doesn't care if we like him or not...it doesn't mean he should say anything of the sort. To be honest, maybe it's A-Rod that should keep his mouth shut and win some games as the starting QB of the GB Packers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

That's fine if he doesn't care if we like him or not...it doesn't mean he should say anything of the sort. To be honest, maybe it's A-Rod that should keep his mouth shut and win some games as the starting QB of the GB Packers.

Seems like you're criticizing him for not winning games, when he hasn't even made his first start yet. Weird.

I'm glad the guy has the balls to say this stuff. I want my QBs to have balls. I mean, it's definitely a shot at the Favre-Firsters. The sooner we get rid of them the better. Comments like this help. I'm all for it. Him being a good QB in sept(and january) will help too.

Get on board.

Or shut your mouth.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the guy has the balls to say this ****.
Telling the fans to shut their mouth isn't very ballsy if you ask me. Its unprofessional. And part of being an NFL quarterback is conducting yourself like a professional. I hope Aaron handles himself better in the future.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
tromadz said:

Seems like you're criticizing him for not winning games, when he hasn't even made his first start yet. Weird.

I'm glad the guy has the balls to say this ****. I want my QBs to have balls. I mean, it's definitely a shot at the Favre-Firsters. The sooner we get rid of them the better. Comments like this help. I'm all for it. Him being a good QB in sept(and january) will help too.

Get on board.

Or shut your mouth.

No, I'm criticizing him for saying this **** before he's won a single game as a starter...shouldn't be too weird. I want my QB to have balls too, it just doesn't mean he should spout off in the media toward the very people that pay his salary by over-spending for tickets. Just win baby. If he's a good QB in Sept. and Jan., it'll be awesome. Like I've already said on this forum, I think A-Rod's gonna be a hell of a QB. Does that mean I need to like him spouting off in the media?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I'm glad the guy has the balls to say this ****.
Telling the fans to shut their mouth isn't very ballsy if you ask me. Its unprofessional. And part of being an NFL quarterback is conducting yourself like a professional. I hope Aaron handles himself better in the future.

I agree. Rodgers will probably answer questions about Favre until he decides to retire or at the very least he's not in Green Bay anymore...it's the way it is. Show some class and win games. By doing that, you'll win everybody over. (probably even the Favre-firsters)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected him to snap months ago with all the favre questions. If this is the worst he says, then it's pretty good. But once again, it takes gorilla sized balls to say this. He is confident. I guess I'm the only one who likes a confident QB with buick sized junk.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected him to snap months ago with all the favre questions. If this is the worst he says, then it's pretty good. But once again, it takes gorilla sized balls to say this. He is confident. I guess I'm the only one who likes a confident QB with buick sized junk.

No comment on the buick sized junk but I like a confident QB. He can be that way without talking **** in the media. For the record, I'm a Packer fan and not a Favre-first fan. I want to see A-Rod win SB after SB during his Packer career. I just don't like the comment. I do agree though, if this is the worst he says, it is pretty good. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson and is ready to move on winning games and taking the professional approach in the media.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, there goes the old PF site historian PWT 36, going Back to the olden days of NFL football.

In the 1950's there was old time "pretty Fair" longtime Detroit Lion, Veteran QB named Bobby Layne. Lion QB Bobby Layne who did it all, he lived hard, Drank hard and swore hard . If a Detroit Lion offensive line man missed a block and got Bobby sacked-- before going back into the huddle again; immediately Bobby Layne would go up to his own offensive lineman, "chew him" out for missing the block, And he delivered the message to OL man in not very polite speech, laced with four letterwords . The TV screen picture showed Layne's lips moving and most TV viewers could read Layne's Lips. TV viewers knew he was swearing at the Lion offensive lineman for missing that pass block with caused him to get sacked.

The Lions QB Bobby Layne of 50's ,would make Packer QB Aaron Rodgers look like a choir boy . Aaron Rodgers comment on ESPN about Packer fans who complain about him . was pretty mild as compared to what QB Bobby Layne might have said to the fans in the 50's ; who might complain about him in those days of old. And if fan said it to Bobby Layne in person , Bobby might have challenged the the fan to a fight.

Pro football was filled with many "colorful " players in the old day who played rough, on and off the playing field, drank too much , chased women and talked rough. In the old days, NFL players didn't make much money. It was a part time job for the NFL player during the football season. They played football because they love the game. And in off season, the NFL player had to have a "real" job.

There was much less control of the players by NFL Headquarters in the olden day then today. There was not all the NFL rules in olden day like in today's NFL. It is all business in NFL today--Big business!!!

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish A-Rod the best and have no problem with him saying something like this. However if BF comes back and he wants tio ***** and moan about it then I will be upset about it.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, there goes the old PF site historian PWT 36, going Back to the olden days of NFL football.

In the 1950's there was old time "pretty Fair" longtime Detroit Lion, Veteran QB named Bobby Layne. Lion QB Bobby Layne who did it all, he lived hard, Drank hard and swore hard . If a Detroit Lion offensive line man missed a block and got Bobby sacked-- before going back into the huddle again; immediately Bobby Layne would go up to his own offensive lineman, "chew him" out for missing the block, And he delivered the message to OL man in not very polite speech, laced with four letterwords . The TV screen picture showed Layne's lips moving and most TV viewers could read Layne's Lips. TV viewers knew he was swearing at the Lion offensive lineman for missing that pass block with caused him to get sacked.

The Lions QB Bobby Layne of 50's ,would make Packer QB Aaron Rodgers look like a choir boy . Aaron Rodgers comment on ESPN about Packer fans who complain about him . was pretty mild as compared to what QB Bobby Layne might have said to the fans in the 50's ; who might complain about him in those days of old. And if fan said it to Bobby Layne in person , Bobby might have challenged the the fan to a fight.

Pro football was filled with many "colorful " players in the old day who played rough, on and off the playing field, drank too much , chased women and talked rough. In the old days, NFL players didn't make much money. It was a part time job for the NFL player during the football season. They played football because they love the game. And in off season, the NFL player had to have a "real" job.

There was much less control of the players by NFL Headquarters in the olden day then today. There was not all the NFL rules in olden day like in today's NFL. It is all business in NFL today--Big business!!!
Thanks for the perspective Phil. Its definitely a different NFL nowadays.

TBINMI44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
From an upcoming interview in SI Aaron says -

"I don't feel I need to sell myself to fans. They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut."

Hell yeah buddy.

I dont mind Aaron saying those things but the last statement is pretty harsh IMO "keep their mouths shut"? You dont make any fans by saying things like this IMO. Just do your job and do your job as well as you can and the fans will be behind you all the way. But if you tell your fans to keep their mouths shut many will take that the wrong way in which they should. Its not nice, again IMO...It will be hard to follow in a legends footsteps, but you have to prove yourself just like Favre did to the fans and with Green Bay fans it dont take much and they get behind you for life.

I do not believe what Aaron said was harsh at all; in fact, I totally agree with him and back him 100%. He's addressing the naysayers who aren't giving him a chance. Harsh? Harsh is what some goofballs have said in the media against Aaron that are so negative about letting Aaron make a name for himself that they're running their mouths - sounding like complete fools! Aaron Rodgers is absolutely right - everyone should be getting on board! We're supposed to be behind our team and the leader of the team is the QB - why in the world would you want to root against him or have the slightest desire to see ANY of our players fail ? Brett's retirement was a day I dreaded - I didn't think I'd get over Bart Starr retiring - and look! I am so ON board, I can't WAIT for the season to start and I'm ready to back Aaron and the rest of the Pack; I need to get a "Rodgers" jersey to go along with my Favre jersey :wink: This is no time to be sad sacks - let's carry on our tradition of winning ways - we are so lucky to have had the legend in Brett - but what's wrong with another?? Dream Big! GO PACK GO!!!!

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
PackOne said:
From an upcoming interview in SI Aaron says -

"I don't feel I need to sell myself to fans. They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut."

Hell yeah buddy.

I dont mind Aaron saying those things but the last statement is pretty harsh IMO "keep their mouths shut"? You dont make any fans by saying things like this IMO. Just do your job and do your job as well as you can and the fans will be behind you all the way. But if you tell your fans to keep their mouths shut many will take that the wrong way in which they should. Its not nice, again IMO...It will be hard to follow in a legends footsteps, but you have to prove yourself just like Favre did to the fans and with Green Bay fans it dont take much and they get behind you for life.

I do not believe what Aaron said was harsh at all; in fact, I totally agree with him and back him 100%. He's addressing the naysayers who aren't giving him a chance. Harsh? Harsh is what some goofballs have said in the media against Aaron that are so negative about letting Aaron make a name for himself that they're running their mouths - sounding like complete fools! Aaron Rodgers is absolutely right - everyone should be getting on board! We're supposed to be behind our team and the leader of the team is the QB - why in the world would you want to root against him or have the slightest desire to see ANY of our players fail ? Brett's retirement was a day I dreaded - I didn't think I'd get over Bart Starr retiring - and look! I am so ON board, I can't WAIT for the season to start and I'm ready to back Aaron and the rest of the Pack; I need to get a "Rodgers" jersey to go along with my Favre jersey :wink: This is no time to be sad sacks - let's carry on our tradition of winning ways - we are so lucky to have had the legend in Brett - but what's wrong with another?? Dream Big! GO PACK GO!!!!

True that.

Hey. I lived in Flushing MI for 5 years.

TBINMI44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got a bunch of hypersensitves here......AR said nothing wrong...he is right...there are many people who call themselves "Packer" fans, but are more Favre fans than anything else.

Yessssssssssss! I am a PACKERS fan - - Brett Favre was a bonus! Bring it on, Aaron !!! And GO PACK GO! Whoo Hoo !!!!!!!

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he just needs to stay away from the press and quit listening to what they are saying the fans are saying. I think most Packer fans and hyped about him. The season can't srtart soon enough. Hopefully then we can shut the press up about all this and get on to what really matters. Winning.

:yeah:

I also think like Cheesey said shortly after this that he is sick and tired of the Favre questions. I know I am tired about hearing about it, the press just can't accept that Favre is done. And I know this is a little off topic here but I think its bull.... that they have to make up stories about Brett wanting to come back. Just leave the man alone in piece, its because of you animals that he lives in Southern Mississippi if he lived in Wisconsin you guys would never leave him alone. Just to clarify by you guys I mean the media not the forum members. I think most of us have accepted the fact that the great one is done and have jumped onto the A-rod bandwagon.

I can't wait for the season to start to see wtih A-rod can do.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am not sure that it is all that different, and it definately doesn't excuse Rodgers. Starr was a QB back then and he treated his lineman with respect. Matter of fact only once can any of his lineman remember Starr yelling at him and he apologized afterwards.

Whether Rodgers cares about us the fans, or not, he is wise not to allienate us. Being boo'ed in yor home stadium is about as bad as it gets. And GB fans can certianly do that. The difference between us and other fans is that you have to earn our boo's. We will give you every opportunity first.

What Rodger needs to know is that he must prove himself to us if he wants us onboard. Back in 92 or 93 some kid out there couldn't throw a touch pass if there was a beer reward attached to it. Not to even mention that the thought of throwing it out of bounds when there was no play was as unheard of as a dentist in Kentucky. the state and Packer fandom in general were really torn about keeping him in there now that Magic was healthy. I don't remember that kid saying anything as allienating as what Rodgers did and the new kid had already led us to a come from behind win and won other games too.

All Rodgers did was put arrows into the quivers of those that will quickly jump ship shoudl he struggle out of the gate. Not good strategy if you ask me. As someone here already said, sounds more like a Ryan Leaf comment.

In essence, he is saying we need to be his fans and respect him already.

You need to give me reason to respect you Mr. Rodgers, strike one.

Members online

Latest posts