Aaron Rodgers Said What?

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, we'll see. I hope I'm wrong. Just that there's a history of durability problems.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jpigeon said:
Hey, we'll see. I hope I'm wrong. Just that there's a history of durability problems.

haha. Aaron Rodgers has no worse a durability problem than Favre had.

Fav-re
- 275 consecutive starts including playoffs.

Rodgers
- Broken his foot in first game he played in in 2007, out for season
- Had a great game filling in for Fav-re against Dallas in 2008, then pulled his hammy in the first practice the following Wednesday (Necessitating Fav-re to start, although he probably would have anyway)

The only two times that Rodgers has seen significant playing time, he was unable to start the following week. Now, I don't buy into the whole "injury prone" thing - I think it is more coincidence than anything else. But to say that he is a durable as Fav-re was is laughable.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fav-re

Rodgers
- Had a great game filling in for Fav-re against Dallas in 2008, then pulled his hammy in the first practice the following Wednesday (Necessitating Fav-re to start, although he probably would have anyway)

The only two times that Rodgers has seen significant playing time, he was unable to start the following week. Now, I don't buy into the whole "injury prone" thing - I think it is more coincidence than anything else. But to say that he is a durable as Fav-re was is laughable.

There's no way Rodgers has anything close to the durability of Favre. NO ONE has the durability of Favre.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope that Rodgers has a good, solid 10-year career with the Packers. Statistically though, QBs rarely last that long.

First things first, I hope he makes it though all 16 games + Playoffs in '08.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
jpigeon said:

haha. Aaron Rodgers has no worse a durability problem than Favre had.

Fav-re

Rodgers

How many starts has Favre missed due to injury = 0
How many starts has Rodgers missed due to injury = 0

they have the EXACT same durability.

Favre was injured 80% of the time. but he strapped up and played almost every time when it came time to start. Until Rodgers faces the same situation, its blind *** stupid speculation to call him injury prone or having durability issues. And judging from the 06 game in which he continued to play the rest of the game on the broken foot, saying he has durability issues is "laughable".

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre was injured 80% of the time. but he strapped up and played almost every time when it came time to start. Until Rodgers faces the same situation, its blind *** stupid speculation to call him injury prone or having durability issues. And judging from the 06 game in which he continued to play the rest of the game on the broken foot, saying he has durability issues is "laughable".

In Nodak's defense, NO ONE has had the durability of Brett Favre. No QB who ever played the game. Suggesting ANYONE does is ludicrous.

I'm of course hoping Rodgers does and goes on to be a Hall of Famer and more importantly winning us some SBs, but suggesting anyone is as durable as Favre is far fetched.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

In Nodak's defense, NO ONE has had the durability of Brett Favre. No QB who ever played the game. Suggesting ANYONE does is ludicrous.

I'm of course hoping Rodgers does and goes on to be a Hall of Famer and more importantly winning us some SBs, but suggesting anyone is as durable as Favre is far fetched.

whats ludicrous is suggesting in any way that Arod is injury prone.

we have 0 evidence that Aaron won't try his best to play through every injury. Brett Favre was injury prone. he stayed injured. he just played through it. the only evidence we have of Aaron so far was 2 quarters playing on a broken foot which is very much so Brett Favre esque. It is entirely possible for Rodgers to stay healthy for a very long time. Brady has done it... Peyton has done it. QB's with good offensive lines stay around.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

we have 0 evidence that Aaron won't try his best to play through every injury. Brett Favre was injury prone. he stayed injured. he just played through it. the only evidence we have of Aaron so far was 2 quarters playing on a broken foot which is very much so Brett Favre esque. It is entirely possible for Rodgers to stay healthy for a very long time. Brady has done it... Peyton has done it. QB's with good offensive lines stay around.

I think neither Nodak nor I were suggesting Rodgers is injury prone. We were both implying that starting 275 straight games is kind of a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the fun of it...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:lol:

You should make one small enough and put it in your signature. You'd get my vote for best signature of the year for whenever we do those awards again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I think neither Nodak nor I were suggesting Rodgers is injury prone. We were both implying that starting 275 straight games is kind of a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

how many BYE weeks allowed Brett to get an extra week of rest?

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is our qb and we need to support him no matter what ... I still don't actually see why people are on the brett's ship ??? helloooo you've retired mr brett ... and just for the record if he actually cared for green bay ... and does want to return he should demand for a trade like it's not right for rodgers he has been waiting for his time 3 years now ... should of tought about it twice brett but it's to late to qb the packers ... and im so happy TT gave him the answer that we have moved on ... Rodgers my man im on your side and i wont shut the ... up cause im a fan of yours *his msg was sent out to the doubters wich im not ... im not saying his the best qb and he will win a sb (yes i do hope he becomes the best and wins it) but how do you expect him to perform if the fans are going to be ***'s like why would he actually want to perform if their like that ... the least the fans could do are to encourage him and if does actually suck then call for his head then i wouldn't back him up

*Was rude sorry about that lol

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been scutinized since draft day. I was at the Packers draft party the year he was drafted and people booed. I was shocked. I thought it was a great pick and he is gonna prove that this year.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is our qb and we need to support him no matter what ... I still don't actually see why people are on the brett's ship ??? helloooo you've retired mr brett ... and just for the record if he actually cared for green bay ... and does want to return he should demand for a trade like it's not right for rodgers he has been waiting for his time 3 years now ... should of tought about it twice brett but it's to late to qb the packers ... and im so happy TT gave him the answer that we have moved on ... Rodgers my man im on your side and i wont shut up cause im a fan of yours *his msg was sent out to the doubters wich im not ... im not saying his the best qb and he will win a sb (yes i do hope he becomes the best and wins it) but how do you expect him to perform if the fans are going to be ***'s like why would he actually want to perform if their like that ... the least the fans could do are to encourage him and if does actually suck then call for his head then i wouldn't back him up

I have nothing against Rodgers as our QB, but you ask why people are still on Bretts ship? HELLOOOO!! Because again he can still play, he proved that last season, and he would still give us the hope we need to go back to the Super Bowl or get close anyways. I cant say that about Rodgers as of yet, he hasnt proven himself, nor was he ever given the chance either to be fair. But when Brett was our QB why would we put Rodgers in? Brett was having the season of his life last year. I would still be on Brett's ship if he decided to return. If he doesnt then thats okay to, because eventually we do have to move on without him, and I do wish Rodgers the best of luck and hope he does prove himself as a Packer.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:
Rodgers is our qb and we need to support him no matter what ... I still don't actually see why people are on the brett's ship ??? helloooo you've retired mr brett ... and just for the record if he actually cared for green bay ... and does want to return he should demand for a trade like it's not right for rodgers he has been waiting for his time 3 years now ... should of tought about it twice brett but it's to late to qb the packers ... and im so happy TT gave him the answer that we have moved on ... Rodgers my man im on your side and i wont shut up cause im a fan of yours *his msg was sent out to the doubters wich im not ... im not saying his the best qb and he will win a sb (yes i do hope he becomes the best and wins it) but how do you expect him to perform if the fans are going to be ***'s like why would he actually want to perform if their like that ... the least the fans could do are to encourage him and if does actually suck then call for his head then i wouldn't back him up

I have nothing against Rodgers as our QB, but you ask why people are still on Bretts ship? HELLOOOO!! Because again he can still play, he proved that last season, and he would still give us the hope we need to go back to the Super Bowl or get close anyways. I cant say that about Rodgers as of yet, he hasnt proven himself, nor was he ever given the chance either to be fair. But when Brett was our QB why would we put Rodgers in? Brett was having the season of his life last year. I would still be on Brett's ship if he decided to return. If he doesnt then thats okay to, because eventually we do have to move on without him, and I do wish Rodgers the best of luck and hope he does prove himself as a Packer.

your right Brett had the season of his life. can't we just leave it at that instead of demanding that at 38 or 39 he can repeat that success.
Unfortunately its time to move on.... the NFC Championship game proved that. the longer we delay this... the worse it will be for the GREEN BAY PACKERS.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:

Yes your right he was having the best season bla bla bla ... but it was his decision to retire not ours ... he should of thought about it twice before making a final announcement you cant just say i retire for 2 months and come back that's not right or fair for rodgers that has been waiting for so long ... look if he wants to come and we trade him ... no probleme be my guest but the fans here got to understand HIS EVENTUALLY GOING TO RETIRE EVEN IF HE COMES ... if brett returns and wants to play for gb rodgers will ask for a trade that's guaranteed then we'd be in deep doo doo

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, we know this is now a non-issue, but I agree wtih Heather here.

I'd actually do what Pack93z suggested in another post - let them compete for the starting job. Brett Favre in my not so humble opinion is currently the 3rd best QB in the NFL. Yes, I'd take Favre above Romo. Put Favre behind Romo's OL and you'd see him throw 40+ TDs.

Rodgers is going to be good. I have a lot of faith in the guy. But we've only seen him in real action in the last year for half a game, where he looked spectacular, but it's still half a game.

Favre isn't going to turn to jello overnight. He's still a very solid QB. If this was a real issue, I'd love to see them compete for the #1 spot. If Rodgers wins it, he wins it. If Favre wins it, then Rodgers has to understand Favre still gives the Packers the best chance to win and we're putting the team first.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to what Rodgers said. I might be in the minority here, but I don't think he should be saying this kind of stuff to the media. Yes, he's going to field questions about Favre until he retires (more than likely). It comes with the territory. I think he should put at least one complete game together before he starts saying to the fans to "keep their mouth shut". It's just not in his best interest - he's going to have an uphill climb the way it is and he should really be trying to win everyone over right now, fans included.

Members online

Latest posts