Aaron Rodgers - NFC Offensive Player of the Month

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers, safety Darren Sharper of the New Orleans Saints and kick returner-wide receiver Johnny Knox of the Chicago Bears are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for October, the NFL announced today.

OFFENSE: QB AARON RODGERS, GREEN BAY PACKERS
• Rodgers led the Packers to a 2-1 record and posted an NFL-best 123.9 passer rating during the month.

• He passed for 988 yards in October and averaged a league-high 329.3 yards per game.

• Rodgers completed an NFC-best 74.5 percent of his passes (70 of 94) during October and his 10.51 yards per attempt mark led the league.

• He had a passer rating of at least 110 in all three games, including a near-perfect 155.4 mark in Week 7 at Cleveland, the highest single-game total in franchise history.

• Rodgers has now posted a 110+ rating in four consecutive games, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer
BART STARR (1966) as the only Packers to accomplish the feat.

• In his fifth season from California, this is Rodgers' first career Player of the Month Award.

• He is the second Packer to win a monthly award this year, joining CHARLES WOODSON (Defense, September).

Pretty Kick ***!!! I greened my favorite ones. I don't miss Favre one bit when you see what Rodgers is doing. Each of the ones I've greened also (for you vikings fans) is stuff he is doing better then Favre. :viksux::chisux::detsux:

Good job Aaron! :happy0005::happy0005::happy0005::happy0005:

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Choice... Glad to see him in there!! He has played as good as any QB in the league if not better... His o line has been poor up until a couple weeks ago and with the numbers he has put up is amazing!! Rodgers really is a fun QB to watch, he scrambles so well and passes so well out of the pocket.

As much as I love Peyton Manning he is a pretty boring QB to watch lol. He is very accurate and makes good decisions.... But he doesnt leave the pocket ever and cant scramble... and the least bit of pressure and he buckles. I really would like to see Peyton Manning with Green Bays o line or Seattles o line.. I dont think he would be near as effective as he is.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you google "aaron rodgers offensive player of the month" or anything like that, up pops a picture of Brett Favre in Purple. What's up with that?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, if he just developed a personality.

He's got the charm and magnetism of a wet rag.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron has been quietly great so far, despite the offensive line issues. But winning big games on big stages, like Sunday's game, will mean a whole lot more in the minds of the fans than a line of stats. And I think we'll see that. He really seems to be improving considerably week to week.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron has been quietly great so far, despite the offensive line issues. But winning big games on big stages, like Sunday's game, will mean a whole lot more in the minds of the fans than a line of stats. And I think we'll see that. He really seems to be improving considerably week to week.

He just has a lot more class than Favre. It would be great to see him go far, not just this season, but in the future. There are some records of Favre's that will never be broken because of the length of his career.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just has a lot more class than Favre. It would be great to see him go far, not just this season, but in the future. There are some records of Favre's that will never be broken because of the length of his career.
And because he was a damn good QB and Football player...

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This award is justly deserved, hopefully people will start giving the guy the credit he is due. He go jipped out of the Pro Bowl last year, hope he gets the vote this year. Class act and a great QB.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Congrats to Aaron. He deserved this. Amazing numbers for somebody playing with the worst O-line in the league.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the interception record applies to that logic as well?
No. Favre never threw an interception. It was his receivers that ran wrong routes, dropped balls, and his protection that wasn't right, forcing him to throw it downfield. Ah, and also his OC calling the wrong plays, and the defense that couldn't hold uo the opposing team ;)
-
No, but in all seriousness, I see 2 "Favres". The one that was guided and motivated, the best qb of his time, and the one that wasn't, the "aw, shucks" gunslinger... I'll let you decide when one was around, and when the other was...

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Favre never threw an interception. It was his receivers that ran wrong routes, dropped balls, and his protection that wasn't right, forcing him to throw it downfield. Ah, and also his OC calling the wrong plays, and the defense that couldn't hold uo the opposing team ;)
-
No, but in all seriousness, I see 2 "Favres". The one that was guided and motivated, the best qb of his time, and the one that wasn't, the "aw, shucks" gunslinger... I'll let you decide when one was around, and when the other was...

What's sad is that now that he is playing for the Vikes, he's playing with the discipline that he never had in Green Bay. You don't think it's Childress running the show do you?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
-

As much as people rail on Favre for throwing picks ... - That "mentality" is also part of why he has achieved what he has so far ... - Alot of other quarterbacks, seem to "fold", when things don't go their way ... - Rodgers holding on to the ball a little longer than usual, *might* (I'm not saying it is the reason, but only that it *might* be), be the reason why ...

Favre has never been "afraid" to throw it up there, nor has Favre "folded" when it has happened ... Alot of other quarterbacks, when throwing alot of interceptions practically "fold" the game while still being on the field ...

Drew Bree's certainly seemed to do so against the Dolphins this past Sunday, but came up "big" in the end, and helped rally a Saints team that was on it heels for most of that game ...

Yes, Favre has thrown most interceptions ever by any quarterback, - Yes his stats have dwindled as the seasons have progressed ... Yes, his "gunslinger-mentality" has indeed cost the Packers a few games here and there ... however ... more often than not ... that same mentality is also a LARGE reason (not the only reason) that the Packers have been in contention for so many consecutive seasons now - Only one losing seasons is a testament to that ... - No matter how much you may like or dislike Favre ... his mentality and attitude towards the games are a huge reason why so many fans all over the world like him and love to see him play, regardless ... And also a reason why so many players around the NFL still respect him immensely, because he doesn't give up ... And that affects those around him also ... He has proven to be a great leader, with an uncanny ability to make those playing with him, even better ...

That is probably one thing that Aaron Rodgers could learn a great deal from ... - I'm pretty sure once Rodgers "learns" to risk it more ... (not saying to throw tons of picks), we'll all be able to see what kind of player Rodgers might very well turn out to become ... - But right now ... most of all, despite his impressive stats, Rodgers seems a little too worried about *not* making mistakes ... rather than try to win the game (when it's close) ...

That is actually one of the greatest gaps ... and also what makes the difference between the "great" players versus the "ordinary" ... The Great Players are not afraid to put it on the line, so to speak ... You can't win, unless you are willing to take a risk ... - Playing it safe will and can only take you so far ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as people rail on Favre for throwing picks ... - That "mentality" is also part of why he has achieved what he has so far ... - Alot of other quarterbacks, seem to "fold", when things don't go their way ... - Rodgers holding on to the ball a little longer than usual, *might* (I'm not saying it is the reason, but only that it *might* be), be the reason why ...

Favre has never been "afraid" to throw it up there, nor has Favre "folded" when it has happened ... Alot of other quarterbacks, when throwing alot of interceptions practically "fold" the game while still being on the field ...

Drew Bree's certainly seemed to do so against the Dolphins this past Sunday, but came up "big" in the end, and helped rally a Saints team that was on it heels for most of that game ...

Yes, Favre has thrown most interceptions ever by any quarterback, - Yes his stats have dwindled as the seasons have progressed ... Yes, his "gunslinger-mentality" has indeed cost the Packers a few games here and there ... however ... more often than not ... that same mentality is also a LARGE reason (not the only reason) that the Packers have been in contention for so many consecutive seasons now - Only one losing seasons is a testament to that ... - No matter how much you may like or dislike Favre ... his mentality and attitude towards the games are a huge reason why so many fans all over the world like him and love to see him play, regardless ... And also a reason why so many players around the NFL still respect him immensely, because he doesn't give up ... And that affects those around him also ... He has proven to be a great leader, with an uncanny ability to make those playing with him, even better ...

That is probably one thing that Aaron Rodgers could learn a great deal from ... - I'm pretty sure once Rodgers "learns" to risk it more ... (not saying to throw tons of picks), we'll all be able to see what kind of player Rodgers might very well turn out to become ... - But right now ... most of all, despite his impressive stats, Rodgers seems a little too worried about *not* making mistakes ... rather than try to win the game (when it's close) ...

That is actually one of the greatest gaps ... and also what makes the difference between the "great" players versus the "ordinary" ... The Great Players are not afraid to put it on the line, so to speak ... You can't win, unless you are willing to take a risk ... - Playing it safe will and can only take you so far ...
My post didn't go out, so I'll do it again...

That's all too subjective if you as me. Who risks it more, or who's not afraid to risk it. So you can tell by a players expression behind helmets that he's afraid, that he isn't simply making bad decisions?

The difference between a GREAT and a GOOD qb is the amount of great plays he makes opposed to the bad ones, and his "clutchiness".

Take a look at those breakdowns:
Rodgers Review, Part 1: Internal Clock | Cheesehead TV
Rodgers Review Part 2: The Two Minute Drill | Cheesehead TV
Rodgers Review Part III: Better Openers | Cheesehead TV
Great analysis of Rodgers at that time. And if you ask me, he has improved in all of those, specially part 2 and 3.

I think the checkdown problem is a bit tricky. He has improved in the last two games, but if he starts making reads too fast, we completely lose the big play, as he'll never let his receivers get open. But in the end, I think he needs to adapt to what kind of pressure he's getting. If he is a little more comfortable, hold it longer. But if he's running for his life the entire game, no sense in allowing plays develop if he's not going to be able to throw it when he's on the ground...

Members online

Latest posts