Aaron Rodgers Game-Winning Drives

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the drive to win the game, Fox put it up that Rodgers had 5 game-winning drives in his career, which count as any drives to take the lead after trailing or being tied in the 4th quarter. My question is, which games were those? I know the season opener in 2009 vs. the Bears and the season finale in 2010 against the Bears, but I can't think of the rest. I know there were several in 2008 he would have had if not for the defense blowing the lead, and of course last year when Crosby missed vs. Washington. So which ones am I missing?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, I found this..

Rodgers has won 31 games as a starter, registering just three comebacks and five game-winning drives, all against NFC North opponents (Detroit and Chicago). The “quality” of those wins raises some flags.

2008 – Both games were against the 0-16 Lions. In Detroit, the Packers actually had a 24-9 lead entering the final quarter. Detroit came back to take a 25-24 lead, Rodgers completed a 60 yard pass to Greg Jennings, which led to a go-ahead field goal. Jon Kitna threw two interceptions for touchdowns, and Green Bay won 48-25. In the rematch at Lambeau, Rodgers led a go ahead field goal drive to break a 14-14 tie in a game the Packers won 31-21.

2009 – On opening night against Chicago, down by two points, Rodgers threw a game-winning 50 yard touchdown pass to Greg Jennings with 1:11 left. For the rematch, down by one point, Rodgers only had to go 11 yards for a game-winning touchdown drive early in the fourth quarter.

2010 – In a must-win Week 17 game last year against the Bears, with the game tied, Rodgers threw for 71 yards on the drive, including the winning touchdown pass to Donald Lee with 12:42 left. Jay Cutler’s last gasp was intercepted to end the game, a 10-3 final, and clinch the sixth seed for Green Bay.

Three comebacks, each by a deficit of one or two points.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...ron_Rodgers:_Front-runner_Extraordinaire.html

Reaction score
I keep thinking of "should be" game winning drives.

That Atlanta one last year should have went into OT, The TD & 2 pt conversion vs the Steelers in 09, The redskin game in 2010, the panther game in 2008 where Rodgers got the FG, then a minute later, DeAngelo walked in for his 4th td and we had no time left....

gerrrh.

Members online

Latest posts