Aaron Rodgers! DOH!

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched all Rodgers plays several times with DVR; really, he did pretty well given the circumstances. The pick was a bad play; that throw had no chance. I saw several hard, accurate throws, and I saw a couple roll outs where he stopped, squared up, and got rid of the ball quickly when it looked like he was going to get hit by stopping.

He threw one lazy pass on an out that got the reciever hit, and I think somebody may have said something because the next several passes after that had much more velocity.

Two passes were inaccurate; one to driver at the sideline that looked like he caught it but was ruled incomplete (no replay was shown), one to the feet of a slot rec or back that wasn't expecting the pass so soon (on a blitz).

Both 4th down plays were good throws, and the sack was the right thing to do, you could see he was going to throw to the back just as he was getting hit, but a linebacker jumped the route; it was sack or propable pick if he threw it.

Missed the first fumble (flipping channels), the second one very few quarterbacks would have held - Just starting his throwing motion so one hand on the ball and gets nailed with the accompanying arm rake. He just got his feet set; no reason for him to expect to get drilled that soon.

I'd give him a B- on performance; it's too bad he had to work with that group; nobody looked like they cared, tho it was no different when Brett was out there.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that some of you are ready to deem Rodgers a failure. Christ, folks, he has taken maybe 25 - 30 snaps as a pro.

Does anyone recall just how Brett Favre's career on the field started out in Atlanta? How about Carson Palmer? How about Peyton Manning?

It is amazing what good players and competent coaching can do for a young QB.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I will add; Bretts picks were ill-conceived heaves just trying to make something, anything, happen. Rodgers' pick he move outside nicely, stopped, squared, and had a very good opportunity to look at the defense... then he made that throw. [shakes head] Not sure what to make of that; impossible to know if he was focused on the rec and lead his throw into the defenders or what. But that was a pretty bad error.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers looked like a rookie playing in his first real NFL game. The one thing I was impressed with was that he managed to move the chains a bit and the ball seemed to have some zip on it. He'll get better with some experience.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
PackerChick said:
rabidgopher04 said:
Fumbles on his first pass attempt! Horrible!

It certainly is not a promising start. sounds like harrington. Guess we will have to endure a long bumpy ride ahead.
Harrington's had 3 years to prove he sucks. Rodgers has only played a little over a quarter, I wouldn't judge him on last night.
Hammer

one quarter does not show who he is. ill bet he is hella better than harrington :) i agree with Hammer

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone call Rodgers a failure. He SUCKED last night playing for a team where everybody SUCKED. He didn't do OK unless you guys think turning the ball over 3 times in 1 quarter is OK. Don't mistake this as saying he was a failure. As I've said this whole thread, it was just one quarter of his first game.

OP
OP
R

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
There is a high percentage chance Mariucci is coming back to Green Bay for a job, which we don't know.

Says who? Why would Mariucci come here? Maybe he should come back as QB coach and mentor Rodgers and get Favre back under control.

OP
OP
R

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Mariucci wasn't the QB coach in Detroit. He was the head coach. He doesn't have the time to spend on individual positions. That's why he has assistant coaches who do. Perhaps Mariucci is better as an assistant where he can dedicate more of his time to one thing rather than everything.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
GakkofNorway said:
There is a high percentage chance Mariucci is coming back to Green Bay for a job, which we don't know.

Says who? Why would Mariucci come here? Maybe he should come back as QB coach and mentor Rodgers and get Favre back under control.

hmmm...very interesting. brett himself said he wouldn't be playing with mooch again during his career. and favre "under control"?? not gonna happen!! he's playing like he always did - just doesn't have the receivers to make the catches.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Fumbles on his first pass attempt! Horrible!

Are we forgetting that Brett Favre's first attempt was a -7 yard pass to himself? Were you expecting a touchdown? Come on people, he's a rookie for Christ's sake. :p

Members online

Latest posts