A Week 5 Tally On Off-Season Themes

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had 4 people watching the game with me this past weekend. We all counted 2 more drops by the Fin dog.......just sayin

One dropped pass is the official tally. I really think you may have some unrealistic expectations for what constitutes a dropped pass vs just getting your hands on a poorly thrown pass or having the defender make a play.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
One dropped pass is the official tally. I really think you may have some unrealistic expectations for what constitutes a dropped pass vs just getting your hands on a poorly thrown pass or having the defender make a play.

Unrealistic? If the ball goes through your hands and then hits the turf, or goes through your hands and leads to a pick, or hits your hands and bobbles around and then gets DROPPED.....It's a friggin DROP. I think whom ever is writing these stats is blind as a freakin bat. Poor judgement is NOT on my part, it's on the part of the writer. If I see a ball hit a guy in the hands cleanly and there is no reception, how the f*ck is that not a drop?????????????????????????

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unrealistic? If the ball goes through your hands and then hits the turf, or goes through your hands and leads to a pick, or hits your hands and bobbles around and then gets DROPPED.....It's a friggin DROP. I think whom ever is writing these stats is blind as a freakin bat. Poor judgement is NOT on my part, it's on the part of the writer. If I see a ball hit a guy in the hands cleanly and there is no reception, how the f*ck is that not a drop?????????????????????????

For instance, in the Ravens game, Finley leaves his feet while extending and jumping to try and catch a ball that was thrown too far to the outside. He gets his hands on the ball. Why is he penalized for a drop when many other tight ends in the league wouldn't have even been able to lay a finger on it?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
So now we base drops off of what other guys in the NFL can or cant do? No way dude. Im somewhat reasonable if the ball is well overthrown of the guy attempts a one hander, but the flip side of your example is when finley is hit in the guts with the ball and tries to body catch the pass rather than use the proper way ( hands out in front and then secure the ball in ) and it bounces off his pads. He is not the only one, dont get me wrong on that part. I did also see Nelson let one go through the hands and bounce off the body.