A View on the Packer Fullbacks

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
While I think the article undervalues the contribution of Hall, I think they are on the money with the physical style of play of Kuhn and might have a valid point with the overall versitility of Peterson at a FB position..

Interesting to see if the Packers are thinking of trying Peterson at FB? And if so.. how it plays out..

Should Korey Hall be retained as the true starter at fullback? Or should his backup John Kuhn continue to be the backup? Or should Mike Peterson replace either one of them? Korey Hall did not do anything special being the full time fullback but was important on special team coverages. Could it be time to bring in another big thump er like John Kuhn for blocking purposes? Was that the sole intention in bringin in Mike Peterson? I do not think it was. Mike Peterson is very good in the passing game as well. That bodes well for a changing of the guard right there.
Full Article here...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Korey Hall

John Kuhn

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry, but a fullback making blocks like that should be the starter.

Reaction score
Interesting article, I'd tend to think that Hall showed more at the end of the year than he did at the beginning. I still remember him delivering a block on Urlacher, that was sweet.

Hall has shown flashes of doing a solid job, and he should only get better in his second season. But I think at the end of last season, Kuhn was the better FB. Should be an interesting TC match, and Kuhn was a wavier pick-up as well. Nice eye Ted-dy Bear.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our FBs are very young, yet very solid. Only gonna get better. Growth from within rules the world.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Korey Hall did rather well when the ball was thrown his way. Few drops.
Much better than Kuhn.

I was very fond of the 2 FB wishbone variant run at times last year.
Will the RB follow Hall or Kuhn?? The defenses did not know. In fact at times the offense would not know it was a pass when Brett would throw a slant from it.

Both were used well last year and I don't think it is so important to say which is #1. I give that edge to Hall for his ability to catch the ball.

I can only forsee continued improvement in both and that on top of my satisfaction with last year's play.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of these guys are good. Peterson could make the team as the third TE and third FB. An H-back type guy.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hall was still learning the position last year, being a converted linebacker. He could still have plenty of upside. I think Hall and Kuhn are a great pair, Hall quicker and a better receiver, Kuhn a better blocker in short yardage situations.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hall and Kuhn are a great pair, Hall quicker and a better receiver, Kuhn a better blocker in short yardage situations.

That's it in a nutshell. Keep 'em both.

Members online

Latest posts