A Very Interesting Question.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think so.

So far, it has been the defense and Favre's lights out play that has engineered the wins. #1 weapon for the Packers is Favre's experience. It is that experience that allows the Pack to score points with a non-existent running game. Think about what the Packers would have done with this running game had Favre not been playing at the level he has been.

The Redskins game was the only game where Favre looked a bit wore out and his passes looked ordinary.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not an interesting question at all

this thread makes as much sence as a guy saying he is from milwaukee, no wait illinois, no wait canada, aw heck who knows.

this guy is really just a troll w/nothing better to do then get drunk and start crappy threads.

let me ask anybody on this forum w/any common sence.

could a team win w/a rookie QB who had no running game and the rookie QB was asked to throw the ball 40-45 times a game?

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is really quite simple.

a forum is only as good as the people who post on it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not an interesting question at all

this thread makes as much since as a guy saying he is from milwaukee, no wait illinois, no wait canada, aw heck who knows.

this guy is really just a troll w/nothing better to do then get drunk and start crappy threads.

let me ask anybody on this forum w/any common sence.

could a team win w/a rookie QB who had no running game and the rookie QB was asked to throw the ball 40-45 times a game?

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is really quite simple.

a forum is only as good as the people who post on it.

enjoy your time off....

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers can make the throws.

There is a whole lot more to it than the throws. Brett plays a chessmatch with the defense and it's his experience at knowing what to call that is the difference.

MM putting Favre out there not only to play QB but to call the right plays against the right defense is why we are 5-1.

If our offense was the type where the call came in from the sideline and the QB ran the play and very rarely called an audible then I would say Rodgers probably could do that.

But it's going to take game time for him to stand up there and recognize what the defense is about to do and call the right play at the right time.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Would the Packers be 5 and 1 going into the bye week if Aaron Rodgers was the starting quarterback?

I think if you want a comparison, look to the other QB drafted that year in SF. Granted he has been hurt for part of the year, but he has more experience under his belt than Rodgers. Ignore the yards and TD's but look to the completion percentage and rating... and they have a running game to balance the D out and open the field up.

Brett Favre GB QB 64.8 1,715 9 6 87.0

Alex Smith SF QB 51.2 461 1 1 66.6

Simply put.. I don't think we are 5-1 maybe 3-3 or even 4-2, but the Chargers and Giants game we lose without #4.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread amuses me. Yeah. Rodgers would have played just as well as Brett did today.

Way to pick your spots.

I'll make sure to bring this up when Favre has one of his 3-4 pick games.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we would. If Aaron plays within his ability, and I think he does, (read that as doesn't throw the ball to Urlacher on the 8 yard line) then yes. Our D has kept us in games this year and won two for us.

Thats pretty much how I see it. AR throws to where the players are, and Favre throws to where the player is supposed to be. this made for a few sloppy games earlier this year but it looks liek this bye week helped the newer players learn where they are supposed to be.
Now if we can continue that then we have a very strong shot for the post season. Between that and practicing the running game, we got it down.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
This thread amuses me. Yeah. Rodgers would have played just as well as Brett did today.

Way to pick your spots.

Every QB has 3 or 4 pick games. Unfortunately, www.pro-football-reference.com doesn't show game-by-game stats before '95. So here's Dan Marino in '95 on.
1996 - 1 3 INT game
1997 - 1 3 INT game
1998 - 1 3 INT game
1999 - 1 5 INT game, 1 3 INT game

Steve Young
1996 - 1 3 INT game

Joe Montana (no stats for regular season, so I'm using Playoff stats)
1981 - 1 3 INT game
1983 - 1 3 INT game

John Elway
1995 - 1 3 INT game
1998 - 1 3 INT game

Tom Brady
2001 - 1 4 INT game
2002 - 1 3 INT game
2003 - 1 3 INT game, 1 4 INT game
2004 - 1 4 INT game
2005 - 1 4 INT game
2006 - 1 4 INT game

Peyton Manning
1998 - 3 3 INT games
2000 - 1 3 INT games
2001 - 1 4 INT game, 2 3 INT games
2002 - 3 3 INT games
The amazing thing is P Manning had ZERO 3+ INT games in regular season since '02. However, in the post season...
2003 - Colts get knocked out of the Playoffs as NE picks off Manning four times
2006 - Colts beat Chiefs despite Manning throwing 3 picks

Not trying to dog you, my friend. I'm just saying that EVERYONE is human, even NFL QBs.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:

Way to pick your spots.

You can't possibly still think that Aaron Rodgers should be starting, can you?

Wow. Just wow.

That's something else. :roll:

(On a side note: It was cool to see Rodgers jumping up and down with Brett on the sidelines like little kids after that OT throw. Rodgers isn't a bad guy. Obviously there are no problems between the two, so I don't see why we should sweat it. He will have his time in GB. Chillax dude....all in good time.)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
MidwestFavreFan said:

Way to pick your spots.

You can't possibly still think that Aaron Rodgers should be starting, can you?

Wow. Just wow.

That's something else. :roll:

Did I say that? Wow. Just wow. Learn to read.

Members online

Latest posts