A star is shinning in Pittsburgh

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without fail, it seems that time and time again the Pittsburgh Steelers prevail. A team that you wouldn't think would be all that talented seems to pull through the good and the bad, and prove themselves a dominant team in the NFL.

So the question arises: who is to thank for all this? Is it Ben Roethlisberger? The man who frankly treats the football like a loaf of bread, has troubles understanding how to work his feet and his hands, and seems to magically slip away from Massive sacks as if there's some lubricant on his shirt? -hint- Is it Heinz Ward? The mediocre receiver that is an acclaimed star because he smiles like an ******* after each reception? One would say it's the juggernaut of an offensive line that seem to stop every rusher in their tracks, whether it takes holding, tripping, or any type of illegal block.

I say no, it is none of these fine men. The true hero of the Pittsburgh Steelers is the ******* the referees have for this team.

Time and time again the Steelers feel down, due to their lack of talent, but are always brought back up to these fine, noble referees. The referees are their to tell them that it's okay, and everything will be alright. They tell them that I know you may not have the pure ability to win a game, but you can cheat. For even more comfort; when even a hold or a clip doesn't cut it, the Steelers know the referees will still be by their side, defending the noble offense against the horrors of "defensive holding" and "illegal contact".

Even this last game we, as Packers, had against this team would have been a dishonorable victory against these deities of football if not for the saving grace of the referees.

So to all the referees in the NFL, I salute you. Without you all hope would be lost, and we would never see the shinning godliness that is Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers.

... on an unrelated note, has anybody noticed that Ben Roethlisberger's initials, B.R. also stand for Big ******? I think I'm starting to understand why they always seem to "perform" so well.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without fail, it seems that time and time again the Pittsburgh Steelers prevail. A team that you wouldn't think would be all that talented seems to pull through the good and the bad, and prove themselves a dominant team in the NFL.

So the question arises: who is to thank for all this? Is it Ben Roethlisberger? The man who frankly treats the football like a loaf of bread, has troubles understanding how to work his feet and his hands, and seems to magically slip away from Massive sacks as if there's some lubricant on his shirt? -hint- Is it Heinz Ward? The mediocre receiver that is an acclaimed star because he smiles like an ******* after each reception? One would say it's the juggernaut of an offensive line that seem to stop every rusher in their tracks, whether it takes holding, tripping, or any type of illegal block.

I say no, it is none of these fine men. The true hero of the Pittsburgh Steelers is the ******* the referees have for this team.

Time and time again the Steelers feel down, due to their lack of talent, but are always brought back up to these fine, noble referees. The referees are their to tell them that it's okay, and everything will be alright. They tell them that I know you may not have the pure ability to win a game, but you can cheat. For even more comfort; when even a hold or a clip doesn't cut it, the Steelers know the referees will still be by their side, defending the noble offense against the horrors of "defensive holding" and "illegal contact".

Even this last game we, as Packers, had against this team would have been a dishonorable victory against these deities of football if not for the saving grace of the referees.

So to all the referees in the NFL, I salute you. Without you all hope would be lost, and we would never see the shinning godliness that is Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers.

... on an unrelated note, has anybody noticed that Ben Roethlisberger's initials, B.R. also stand for Big ******? I think I'm starting to understand why they always seem to "perform" so well.

Agreed! The refs seem to all be Steelers fans.

This is what I posted on my facebook status...

"Well I guess the Steelers havent paid the refs this much to win a game since the Superbowl against Seattle."

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We were stealed in the Vikings game, in the Chicago game, against Dallas...

That you just cannot control. What you can control is who is your kicker, and your nickel and dime CBs.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jarret Bush got burned there is no denying that. Another person I will actually put the blame is Mr. Capers himself. All that a prevent defense does, is prevent you from winning the game. Terrible 3 man rush calls....how do you not blitz Matthews just about every play on that last drive?....the man practically lived in the backfield all night.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel there is a major Flaw in the NFL. Too many rules and no way to consistently enforce the rules across x number of referees. It's starting to turn me off to the game. They need to roll the rule book back to about 1960 (except for the rules to protect players).

Partial

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losers blame the refs. That's crazy talk, Hines is a great receiver, though he is past his prime, but the type of hit he almost laid of Hawk (when he hit his own guy) shows his value. He will go balls to the walls and is a great blocking receiver.

Big Ben is a top 5 QB in the NFL. He made clutch plays at the end of the game to compliment the Packers penalties. He took advantage of opportunities and single-handedly won the game at the game. That pass was right on the money.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Losers blame the refs. That's crazy talk, Hines is a great receiver, though he is past his prime, but the type of hit he almost laid of Hawk (when he hit his own guy) shows his value. He will go balls to the walls and is a great blocking receiver.

Big Ben is a top 5 QB in the NFL. He made clutch plays at the end of the game to compliment the Packers penalties. He took advantage of opportunities and single-handedly won the game at the game. That pass was right on the money.

Packers lost that game, not the Refs. I'm not blaming the Refs for the loss as we had a chance to win in several times (Crosby missed FG, and Jenkins near sack at the end etc..) But there were blown calls on both sides and that **** me off. The NFL Refs are particularly bad this year.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Honestly i have to give it up to the steelers tonight. They played one hell of a game tonight. That ladt drive was exavtly like the one from the superbowl. I never realized that there was another receiver besides santonio that could make a catch like that.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losers blame the refs. That's crazy talk, Hines is a great receiver

Eat s*** a****. You want to call all of us names I guess I can toss one back.

Hines Ward is one of the biggest piles of **** in the NFL. Seems like the rest of the NFL players agree with me as well since they voted him a cheap shot pile of **** this year.

We screwed ourselves enough tonight thats for sure, but the refs pulled the plug on us handing the ball back to the steelers and not calling obvious fouls and calling others that helped the steeler and seemed to over look the same for the pack.

Apparently keeping the steelers in the mix for a wild card is good for the NFL so they get the call every time.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Losers blame the refs.

Oh yeah, you might want to cut it about the Loser talk. You kind of were losers last week against the Browns no less. Just saying. And this game could EASILY have been another loss for the Steelers.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you might want to cut it about the Loser talk. You kind of were losers last week against the Browns no less. Just saying. And this game could EASILY have been another loss for the Steelers.

You know its not so much that the Packer lost. I had a feeling the steelers would play hard and had a very good chance of winning (even though all 5 of the steeler friends I have didnt even plan on watching the game because they were writing them off)

What chaps my *** is I dont know who would have won if the refs hadnt controlled this game with all thier steeler ******** calls.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Hines is a piece of trash. How he didn't win dirtiest player in the league is beyond me. Cheap shots and dirty hits do not equate to football skill, no matter how many cheeseball smiles you follow them up with.

hbk314

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eat **** ******. You want to call all of us names I guess I can toss one back.

Hines Ward is one of the biggest piles of **** in the NFL. Seems like the rest of the NFL players agree with me as well since they voted him a cheap shot pile of **** this year.

We screwed ourselves enough tonight thats for sure, but the refs pulled the plug on us handing the ball back to the steelers and not calling obvious fouls and calling others that helped the steeler and seemed to over look the same for the pack.

Apparently keeping the steelers in the mix for a wild card is good for the NFL so they get the call every time.

I saw missed/bad calls on both sides, but I hope you're not complaining about the illegal contact penalty that took away the interception on the final drive. He ran over Ward on his way to tipping that ball into the air. Illegal contact doesn't get any easier to call.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw missed/bad calls on both sides, but I hope you're not complaining about the illegal contact penalty that took away the interception on the final drive. He ran over Ward on his way to tipping that ball into the air. Illegal contact doesn't get any easier to call.
Roughing the passer on 1st quarter (helmet to helmet hit).

The Fumble.

The catch, that was out of bounds.

Holding on Raji in the final drive.

Here, 4 plays that I remember that were completely BS.

We should've won the game despite the refs, but saying they didn't took part in the game is a blalant lie.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, I was referring to the fumble.

OP
OP
shiftysdad

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here's all I'm going to say:

Without those convenient Packer Penalties, he wouldn't have gotten in fieldgoal range. Remember that interception that happened but was called back due to perfectly legal contact?

I would be skeptical as to how much bias I have making these statements, if I hadn't noticed this in most Steeler games (one of those being that superbowl they won)

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs blew calls on both sides of the ball, Clifton had a good holding penalty on Greg Jennings Touch down catch and run play that was also not called. All in all the refs did a good job and let the players play and make plays. I hate games where flags are flying every other play. They allowed our secondary to play physical, not near as many pass interference penalties.

We lost the game on one hell of a throw and catch, which the defender played rather well. I think Woodson would have done the same thing had he been on that side of the field.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs blew calls on both sides of the ball, Clifton had a good holding penalty on Greg Jennings Touch down catch and run play that was also not called. All in all the refs did a good job and let the players play and make plays. I hate games where flags are flying every other play. They allowed our secondary to play physical, not near as many pass interference penalties.

We lost the game on one hell of a throw and catch, which the defender played rather well. I think Woodson would have done the same thing had he been on that side of the field.
The defender didn't play well, actually.

Secondary develops case of airsickness - JSOnline

The final play came down to Josh Bell's mistake in what was a man-under defense with three-deep safety help behind it. Under no circumstances was Bell supposed to allow Wallace to get in front of him because he had safety Atari Bigby behind him if the ball was thrown over his head.

But Bell let Wallace come back for the ball and he made a diving catch with his toes scraping the end zone for the game-winner.

"You have to play underneath," Capers said. "He made a nice catch. They ended up beating our coverage and we lost the game."

hbk314

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the fumble that was called back goes, the play went exactly as the referee stated in his explanation. Roethlisberger clearly had possession with his arm moving forward before it was knocked out.

The roughing the passer penalty that I think you're referring to wasn't initially helmet-to-helmet, and from the referee's perspective, I can see how it would have gone uncalled.

I can't believe people are honestly stating that the catch at the end of the game should have been incomplete. That's the first I've heard of it, and I was in a bar full of Packer fans for the entire game.

Here's all I'm going to say:

Without those convenient Packer Penalties, he wouldn't have gotten in fieldgoal range. Remember that interception that happened but was called back due to perfectly legal contact?

I would be skeptical as to how much bias I have making these statements, if I hadn't noticed this in most Steeler games (one of those being that superbowl they won)
You're funny.
Every single one of those penalties was an easy call, and a correct call. In fact, Woodson got away with pretty blatant PI towards the end of the drive.

Members online

Latest posts