A simple question..

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you sacrifice your draft that Green Bay has before them to assure yourself of these 2 players: Mario WIlliams and A j hawk

Two difference makers and prime time defensive stars in the making.

What if all you have to do is trade the 2nd - 3rd - 4th round selections this year and the 2nd round selection in 2007 draft and a player (Ahmad Carroll) for one of those players (most likely Hawk)

Of course this would mean getting a couple of Veteran Free Agents before the draft an OL and a RB

With any draft your plans can fizzle and you select consensus good players only to see them not do anything for you. But with this scenario you are placing your plans in the hands of two super rated players Mario WIlliams and A J Hawk.

If you hit on them you have two Pro Bowl players from the same draft and a foundation for your defense.

Or do you gamble that your 2-3-4 selections will be good players and a better hedge than getting almost as sure fire thing as you can have?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the draft to say yes or no, but my brother is a huge "Let's get AJ Hawk" supporter, so I assume the kid is pretty good.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say no that would be asking for alot 3 picks and next years pick. More likely the third and forth will be traded for a number two. Carrol will not be traded. Give Bates another year with him and he will be alot better CB dont really get good until arounf their fourth or fifth year. I believe Carrols penalties are down this year. AJ hawk is good but he is a MLB at the NFL level and we already have Barnett. Think the Pack would be better served with an all around DE somneone to match up with Kampman and KGB. I would also like the Pack to pick up a tall wideout/TE Wisconsin has three of them coming out and Wisconsins track record with recievers has been quite good.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. They should draft one of them when they have their chance to draft them. If they throw all the chips at the other one and he turns out to be a bust (remember Courtney Brown? He's good now, but look at his career in Cleveland) the Packers will be crippled for years. There's too much risk in going all in for both of them.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
No. They should draft one of them when they have their chance to draft them. If they throw all the chips at the other one and he turns out to be a bust (remember Courtney Brown? He's good now, but look at his career in Cleveland) the Packers will be crippled for years. There's too much risk in going all in for both of them.
I agree too much risk! The Packers need to get more draft picks if they can, not less.
I think if Hawk is available they need to take him because although Barnett is a good linebacker, he would be even better on the outside.
He makes alot of tackles but he is not big enough to control the middle.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Jeff Samardzija coming out?

That guy is fantastic, he plays WR at Notre Dame, but he could easily be turned into a TE.

6-5/216

He needs to build some muscle to be a TE. But he catches absolutely EVERYTHING thrown in his direction, and that's pretty much since he's Brady Quinn's favourite target..!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I think if Hawk is available they need to take him because although Barnett is a good linebacker, he would be even better on the outside.
He makes alot of tackles but he is not big enough to control the middle.

EXACTLY.....

Members online

Latest posts