A Question Regarding the Great Reggie White

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Recently, on Craigslist I found a guy selling a Mitchell and Ness Reggie White Packers jersey. I am excited to purchase it, as I do not own a Reggie White jersey yet...but I don't remember him wearing this style of jersey ever. Not even for a throwback game, which I don't remember the NFL having those games back then...then again I was about 9-15 years old IIRC.

I will shoot over a link to the ad, so you can see what the jersey looks like. I don't want to purchase this if Reggie never wore it.

Take a look and let me know what you think? Iwill buy it if Reggie wore one of these, even if for one game. If not, I will purchase the Clay Matthews jersey instead as I still don't have one as my wife wears the Matthews jersey on gameday.

http://chico.craigslist.org/for/2798817202.html

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been doing some major research last night and this morning before work and I still cannot turn up ANY results. This jersey doesn't appear to be any kind of throwback jersey as the ones from those eras, as I remember and have found pictures for all look like the Tony Canadeo style jerseys. I even found a couple of Packers Uniform Databases and nothing is turning up. I even went to check out Croak's signature and nothing is there either.

Went to Mitchell & Ness and the only Reggie jerseys they have anymore are of the Eagles variety. Packers jerseys are all limited to Starr, Hornung, and Nitschke. All from the mid to late 60's style.

I am not trying to advertise for my own sale or anything, I swear it, I just want to try and make sure this thing is legit before I purchase.

Any information is valued! Thanks!

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been doing some major research last night and this morning before work and I still cannot turn up ANY results. This jersey doesn't appear to be any kind of throwback jersey as the ones from those eras, as I remember and have found pictures for all look like the Tony Canadeo style jerseys. I even found a couple of Packers Uniform Databases and nothing is turning up. I even went to check out Croak's signature and nothing is there either.

Went to Mitchell & Ness and the only Reggie jerseys they have anymore are of the Eagles variety. Packers jerseys are all limited to Starr, Hornung, and Nitschke. All from the mid to late 60's style.

I am not trying to advertise for my own sale or anything, I swear it, I just want to try and make sure this thing is legit before I purchase.

Any information is valued! Thanks!
You are correct; the Packers never wore that style of jersey ever. It looks like something someone pieced together. Avoid!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The stripes on the sleeve are wrong. I don't think the Packers ever did a white-gold-white like that on the sleeve. Usually it's the other way around. gold-white-gold.

Now, if it looked like this one.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me when I say this GWH11 knows more about Packer jerseys and equipment than anyone not named "Red"

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! I called the guy tonight, and asked him to read me what the patch says on the lower right of the Reggie White jersey and he said it just says "Reggie White Green Bay Packers." Which also made me nervous as all the other Packers Mitchell and Ness jerseys that I have ever seen has said things like "Bart Starr 1969" or "Paul Hornung 1967" never just a name and team.

I think I might just stick with the Matthews if it looks decent up close and personal and I can get it for the right price. My wife has a Matthews jersey...not me =P Bummer about the White jersey though. I was just hoping it was going to be one of those jerseys that the Packers wore for like one game or somesuch as a tribute or something.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both jerseys are Chinese knockoffs available brand new on the 'net for $25

A true Mitchell and Ness jersey runs close to $300 retail. You can spot the differences a mile away. Same with the Matthews.

Members online

Latest posts