A question about Brian Brohm

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO it was mostly confidence issues in Brohm. He couldnt handle the pressure when he had to compete at the NFL level, and Flynn had that confidence and beat him out quite easily. Brohm has never lost his physical skills though. If the Bills work him in in camp and he gets reps with the first squad, I think he could be a possible starter. I do doubt it, but it wouldnt suprise me too much.. If he can gain confidence in himself he will have a chance

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think that brohm is a very good qb, i give it a few years and he will probably be out of the league all together. i was very excited when we drafted him but after seeing him in the pre season the past few years almost made me puke. but i hope i am wrong because he is a good kid and i hope he does well with the bills. off the record i remember thinking the same about rodgers in the first few pre seasons he was here. he was down right awful at times, but he sat on the sidelines and learned from favre and turned into a pro bowl qb and the face of our franchise. so there is hope for brohm to be a very good qb. good luck to your bills this season (accept for against the pack lol)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So were Hasselback's...
That's true. But the main thing I need to see from Flynn is him speed up things back there. He's still on the slow side in terms of his release and his reads. Now I think the reads can speed up with time. But not always.

Hasselbeck had great bloodlines though with the NFL dad!
And his release/throwing motion was much more fluid and quick.
Again, we all hope that Flynn never has to play except in the final 5 minutes of 4th quarters with us up by 30+ !

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay offered him a contract when Buffalo did. Brohm thought he would have a better shot at playing in Buffalo because they did not have an established QB.
He was right. He got his first start. He didn't play great, but he didn't do too bad for only practicing with the starters for one week and only knowing the playbook for a month.
He didn't do better or worse than any of the QBs Buffalo had.

So this had nothing to do with Brohm, I just am hopin you still look at this so we can ask you, I'm not sure if you're from Buffalo or what, but if so are you a Buffalo fan for college too? any info you could give us on James Starks?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I like flynn too, He'll get a lot of preseason reps, this year and probably next year, And with teh way MM developed A-Rod, We could probably get atleast a decent draft pick for flynn in the coming years.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's something pertaining to this thread: Brohm hopes to get head start in quarterback battle | ProFootballTalk.com

Scroll down through the comments (I know, a lot of them are hilarious) to the one saying:

I will give you a point though as McCarthy once said after drafting him that "Brohm understood the playbook faster than anyone else he had ever coached". It just never translated to the football field as actual production.

Hmmm... very interesting.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brohm is injury prone, was unable to learn the west coast offense and looked like a 3rd string little league QB during pre-season games in Green Bay. I know a Bills fan and laughed when I told her how bad he was, for some reason she doesn't believe me. Flynn a 7th round pick in GB won the back-up job outright from Brohm. That should tell you something.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5171520"]Buffalo Bills coach Chan Gailey keeps close eye on QB Brian Brohm - ESPN[/ame]

NEW article on Bills BRIAN BROHM

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts