A look at Ted Thompson and his 2005 NFL Draft

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I didnt read your message I saw the words Viking and Dynasty?

Have you been drinking or something?

Cause your dreaming, How many Superbowls have you won this season or in any seasons?

Oh Yeah 0!

Don't let pride stand in the way of thoughtful reasoning. Seriously - what does Minnesota lack? A dominant secondary and an O-line that can consistently run block. We all know this organization is not afraid to go after free agents. With a Favre return and a solid free agent class, few would argue Minnesota is then the team to beat. Teams can barely stop them now - imagine a few more pieces of the puzzle in place???

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't let pride stand in the way of thoughtful reasoning. Seriously - what does Minnesota lack? A dominant secondary and an O-line that can consistently run block. We all know this organization is not afraid to go after free agents. With a Favre return and a solid free agent class, few would argue Minnesota is then the team to beat. Teams can barely stop them now - imagine a few more pieces of the puzzle in place???

The Vikings suck at Jigsaws they would never get a team that could win a superbowl through free agency.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be brilliant to you, but it is short-sighted thinking in its worst form.

Which team is in first place in 2009? Some may then argue what about 2010 or 2011 or 2012? Well, why would Favre retire when he continues to command huge audiences on television and remains in MVP talk?

What happens when Minnesota drafts or addresses the weaknesses in the secondary and the offensive run-blocking line effectively and Favre remains quarterback? I see a potential for a dynasty for the Vikings with the right moves in 2010 and beyond.

Short sighted? Isn't that the term to describe the Vikings signing Favre. If he walks away after this season, you guys are screwed, you have noone. Jackson, Rosenfels? HAHAHA! We have our QB situation settled for at least the next 10 years, you guys are gonna be in a frenzy to find someone else.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Don't let pride stand in the way of thoughtful reasoning. Seriously - what does Minnesota lack? A dominant secondary and an O-line that can consistently run block.
And any expert worth anything will tell you that to win in the Playoffs you need to run and play defense. The only team doing that consistently in the NFC is New Orleans.

EDIT: Upon reading that again and remembering Washington just put up 30 on them, no team is doing that consistently in the NFC. It's looking pretty wide open.

Arizona manhandled them. The gameplan to beat the Vikings is now on tape. Don't think for a second that every future Viking opponent won't watch the tape of that game very closely to see how to exploit their weaknesses.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe a QB? Unless you think Favre is going to play till he's 45. A DT? Pat Williams is 37.

Dynasty isn't one year, or even two...

And of course, they still need to win ONE before Dynasty talk can even start...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, Hauschild talking about the Vikes being a dynasty. Settle down there, it's not even the playoffs yet!

BTW why would Brent care about "commanding huge TV audiences" and possible MVP titles. I thought he "loved" the game. Do you know something we don't?

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe a QB? Unless you think Favre is going to play till he's 45. A DT? Pat Williams is 37.

Dynasty isn't one year, or even two...
:rotfl:
And of course, they still need to win ONE before Dynasty talk can even start...

I could say the same thing about quite a few posters here and elsewhere that ALREADY think that TT has built a dynasty in GREEN BAY...

(Talk about putting the cart before the horse...:rotfl:)

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And any expert worth anything will tell you that to win in the Playoffs you need to run and play defense. The only team doing that consistently in the NFC is New Orleans.

EDIT: Upon reading that again and remembering Washington just put up 30 on them, no team is doing that consistently in the NFC. It's looking pretty wide open.

Arizona manhandled them. The gameplan to beat the Vikings is now on tape. Don't think for a second that every future Viking opponent won't watch the tape of that game very closely to see how to exploit their weaknesses.

Minnesota did not play with any kind of "intensity" and Arizona did....

In other words, they took the Cardinals lightly....

Don't expect them to make that mistake again.

Also, I believe that cold weather teams that play in the heat late in the year tend to suffer more from the hotter weather. Especially the big men.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Also, I believe that cold weather teams that play in the heat late in the year tend to suffer more from the hotter weather. Especially the big men.

Maybe the Cardinals are just better and it had nothing to do with them being taken lightly.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah. I know what you mean.

I KNOW that Tampa Bay is BETTER than the Packers, right?
(That's what I think.)

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. I know what you mean.

I KNOW that Tampa Bay is BETTER than the Packers, right?
(That's what I think.)

Oh so it's out of the realm of possibility that the defending NFC Champions are better than your favorite team right?

I know you don't truly believe that Tampa is better. If you do, then your just helping my argument by displaying your bad football knowledge.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Minnesota isn't a cold weather team. They're a ***** dome team.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ha Ha...

The point is that they live in a cold weather area...

When your blood thickens in the cold, it takes a while to get used to the heat again.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha Ha...

When your blood thickens in the cold, it takes a while to get used to the heat again.

I can vouch that it works in reverse also...When your blood thins in the heat, it takes awhile to get used to the cold again...It is getting down into the low 40's this week and I'm freezing...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha Ha...

so if a person living in Alaska gets cut their blood comes out like toothpaste?

And a person near equator gets cut their blood pours out like water?

Blood can not make a change like that..Your sensitivity to the cold on your skin changes you get USED to it

Like when you get in a pool of cold water your ski gets cold,and after a while your used to it

or better yet

In cold weather, capillaries near the surface of the skin contract to force blood deeper into the body to keep its core temperature high enough. In hot weather, blood is forced into those capillaries so heat can be radiated from the blood through the skin to keep the core temperature down. A Canada-to-California move requires your vascular system to adjust to continual warm weather. Usually within a few weeks or a few months, your heat-radiating system works very efficiently. But when you go back to Canada for Christmas, you're more sensitive to the cold than you were when you left because your vascular system can't adjust as quickly as it once did to compensate for the cold. Again, it takes weeks or months to reacclimatize.

A change in climate causes temporary changes in your blood pressure, metabolism rate, oxygen requirements, and sweating and can even affect your immunity to illness. There are psychological changes as well. Cold climates with frequent weather fronts are more stressful for people (some call it invigorating). Warm climates seem to induce a more laid-back attitude, partly because strenuous physical activity raises your core body temperature, potentially dangerous.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if a person living in Alaska gets cut their blood comes out like toothpaste?

And a person near equator gets cut their blood pours out like water?

Blood can not make a change like that..Your sensitivity to the cold on your skin changes you get USED to it

Like when you get in a pool of cold water your ski gets cold,and after a while your used to it

or better yet

Holy ****, its like im in school!

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a physiological fact that in Winter, the body's metabolism slows and fat is stored and burns at a slower rate. When you take an athlete from a cold climate and put them in the heat, they get winded alot faster and appear to be out of shape. It is because their bodies have not adjusted to the change in climate yet.

This is especially true for big men. That's why they appear to be out of shape in the heat, when they are really just not used to the environment.

The same thing happens to players in Mile High Stadium who are not used to the high altitude.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a physiological fact that in Winter, the body's metabolism slows and fat is stored and burns at a slower rate. When you take an athlete from a cold climate and put them in the heat, they get winded alot faster and appear to be out of shape. It is because their bodies have not adjusted to the change in climate yet.

This is especially true for big men. That's why they appear to be out of shape in the heat, when they are really just not used to the environment.

The same thing happens to players in Mile High Stadium who are not used to the high altitude.

We all would agree with that

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best the Vikes will do is 2-2 the last 4 games....... Maybe even as bad as 1-3....... Regardless, they will be one & out in the playoffs no matter who they play..... Then the Viking faithful can look forward to an offseason wondering if "Lord Favre" will retire or return for another fruitless season as a Viking........ Look for "Lord Favre" to do anything & everything to avoid all offseason activity .......... Same as 2009...... Viking Fans deserve the BF BS..........

Members online

Latest posts